Epilogue

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Since this is my last fanfic story, better treat all of you with an epilogue. And I believe there are still some questions running on your mind. So to make it short, I hope some questions will be answered here.

 

Six years passed since Yoona let go of Jessica, though she still feel regret, but seeing how happy Jessica now, is what makes her happy. After that day, she flew back to Paris and stayed there, the last news she heard about Jessica is that she gave a birth to a baby girl and it was five years ago.

 

After staying in Paris, Yoona finally returned to Seoul, to focus on the works that her husband left and to assist Taeyeon as well. The first place, she visited was the park, that has a lot of memories to her.

 

“Yoona, do you think Joonmyun is peacefully living there?” Taeyeon suddenly asked.

 

Yoona smiled and gazed upon the sky.

 

“I know, he is.”

“But he wants you and Jessica to go back together...” Taeyeon looked down, still feeling ashamed that she is one of the reason why the doe eyed girl is still living in pain.

 

Yoona was about to answer when she noticed a little girl fell on the ground and started crying. She run to the little girl and kneel down to check her closely.

 

“Are you okay?” Yoona asked the sobbing girl. “You know, a girl who’s as beautiful as you shouldn’t be crying.”

 

The sobbing girl stared at Yoona and smiled.

 

“There, you look pretty. Just remember to smile always.” Yoona smiled back, helping the sobbing little girl to stand up. “What is your name, beautiful girl and why are you alone?”

“My name is Seohyun. I was following a butterfly and I didn’t noticed that I lost track of my mom.” Seohyun sobs.

 

Yoona stared on her while kneeling down. She couldn’t help but to think of one person.

 

“I will help you to look for your mom and dad, is that okay?” Yoona asked the little girl.

“Really?” The glow on the little girl’s eyes made Yoona smile and nodded. “You will help me find my dad in heaven because I miss him?”

 

Yoona gulped after she heard what the little girl just said. Meanwhile, Taeyeon laughed on Yoona’s reaction.

 

“My husband is already in heaven, I’ll ask him to find your dad, is that okay?” Yoona said and she received a nod from the little girl.

 

Yoona was about to say another word, when the little girl shouted, “Mom.” And run fast to her mom. She turned to her back to see the mother of the little girl and it was as if the time is frozen.

 

“Where did you go? I was looking for you everywhere?” The mom of the little kid kneel down and held her arms.

“I’m sorry, mom.” Seohyun pouted.

“I was worried for you, I thought something happen to you.”

“Mom, I fell and a beautiful lady helped me.” Seohyun smiled.

“Where is she? We need to thank her.”

 

Seohyun turned back and looked for the person, who helped her but she failed. She scratched her head and turned back on her mother.

 

“Maybe she left already.”

“Mom, she told me that she will ask her husband to look for dad on heaven.” Seohyun smiled as her mother stood up and help her hand.

“Really? Then, that will be great.”

“Yes, mom, I hope to meet that pretty unnie again.” Seohyun chuckled as they started to walk.

 

The doe eyed girl smiled as she stared from the direction of Seohyun and her mom. She hid herself on one of the tree together with Taeyeon.

 

“Don’t you want to greet, Jessica?” Taeyeon suddenly asked.

“No, I see her happily living now and that’s enough.” Yoona answered, her eyes are still fixed on the kid and her mother.

“Didn’t you heard, she’s left by her husband now. Don’t you think it is the right time to tell her about Joonmyun too?” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Unnie, have you seen how happy she is, now? I’ve never seen her so happy before. I am contented now.” Yoona softly said.

 

Taeyeon stared at Yoona who is still watching Jessica and Seohyun happily walking away. She wanted to push Yoona on showing herself to them and letting Jessica know that she haven’t moved on but seeing the smile on the doe eyed girl, the way her doe eyes are sparkling, she shoved her idea away.

 

“If only we live in alternative universe, we are possible.” Yoona sighed.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, which made Yoona laughed.

 

“Unnie, you look cute and...” Yoona paused then started to run. “Small.” She shouted while laughing.

“Yah, Im Yoona.” Taeyeon started to run fast to catch the doe eyed girl.

 

 

“Mom, why?” Seohyun asked her mom, after noticing that her mom stopped from walking and looked around.

“I think I’ve heard a familiar voice.” Jessica smiled to her daughter. “Maybe it is just my imaginations. Now, tell me how do that pretty girl, who helped you, looked like?”

 

Seohyun giggled remembering the face of the girl who helped her.

 

“She has a calm and soothing voice. She is tall. And she has a mesmerizing doe eyes.” Seohyun said.

 

Jessica smiled, the image of Yoona flashed on her brain, as all of the description of her daughter fits a familiar doe eyed girl.

 

“Mom, if I get old, I want to marry someone like her.” Seohyun suddenly said, making Jessica to be frozen in shock.

“Are you aware of what you are saying, Seohyun ah?” Jessica asked her daughter, receiving a nod from her. “You are too young to think like that, okay? You will realize everything when you mature. Let’s go, home now, Tiffany and Sooyoung are waiting for us.”

 

Jessica held her daughter’s hand, she took a glance on her back and smiled. She knew that even if time passes by, and definitely, a lot of things will change, but her love for the doe eyed girl would never change.

 

“I love you...” Jessica whispered into air, hoping that it would somehow reach Yoona, even though, she knew it is impossible.

 

Yoona stopped from her tracks, she turned around to let the wind brushed against her face and smiled. Feeling something she couldn’t understand... something she couldn’t explain... something so sudden. She felt so comfortable as her heart started to race.

 

“Yoona?” A soft voice called her, waking her up to her senses. She turned to that person and smiled.

“Mom, she is the beautiful unnie, who helped me.”

“Jessica...” Yoona softly said.

 

Jessica felt butterflies in her stomach after the doe eyed girl called her name. The voice that is so familiar to her ears, the voice that she longed for, after years of waiting, she heard that voice again. The certain person from her dreams that is haunting her for years, is finally right in from of her again, making her feel nervous as her heart beats fast.

 

Awkward silence surrounded them, only heart beats can be heard as their eyes are locked into each other as memories of them together flashes on their minds. They longed for each other and time for them to meet again finally came.

 

Yoona was about to break the awkward silence when her phone rung. She took it out from her pocket and it is a message from Taeyeon, asking her where is she and they have to go.

 

“It’s nice to see you again, Jessica. And glad you are doing well. I have to go now. See you again next time...” Yoona paused. “If there will be next time...” she whispered to herself and smiled at Jessica.

 

Jessica stared at her worriedly. She wanted to know what she meant but it was too late, the doe eyed girl already run away, leaving her, again. Right in that moment, a tear fell from her eyes again.

 

“Mom, are you crying?” Seohyun asked, waking her up to her senses.

 

She kneel down to meet her daughter’s eyes and smiled.

 

“That girl...” She paused as her daughter rolled her eyes. “That girl is my true love, Seohyun ah.”

“If you love her, mom, then why did you marry dad? You should marry that girl because you love her.” Seohyun said.

“Because that girl is already married to someone. Mom, let her go.”

“Mom, if you really love her, you shouldn’t let her go even if she pushes you away.” Seohyun turned to Yoona’s direction and smiled. “Mom, I saw on her eyes how she looked at you and she loves you.”

“Seohyun ah, there are things that you need to let go. Not because that thing is pushing you away, but because you’ve been hurt so much that letting go is the only way to lessen the pain.” Jessica pulled Seohyun into a hug.

 

Her daughter is so much like Donghae. Her husband, who never failed to give her an advice. But rather than husband, Jessica treated Donghae as her best friend.

 

“Jessica...” A voice called her.

 

She broke the hug, stood up, and turned to the person who called her, meeting the doe eyes of the girl.

 

“I forgot to give you this.” The doe eyed girl scratched her head as she showed Jessica a necklace.

 

Jessica stared on her as the doe eyed girl, take step a forward, coming close to her. Each step the doe eyed girl make, makes Jessica’s heart beats fast. When the doe eyed girl is just one step away from her, she felt like she was already in heaven.

 

“Jessica...” Yoona softly mumbled as she took a step backward after realizing how close they are.

 

Yoona held Jessica’s cold hands and placed the necklace. She Jessica’s face and smiled.

 

“I am happy and contented that you are leaving happy now.” She softly uttered. Seohyun

“Yoona.”

 

Yoona cut her words by turning to Seohyun, who is watching them.

 

“So she is your mom?” Yoona asked, Seohyun nodded as a reply. “Your mom is pretty.” Glancing at Jessica with a grin on her face.

 

Jessica’s face reddened.

 

“Your mom was a scary monster before.” Yoona laughed then turned to Jessica to see her reaction.

“Im Yoona, do not influence my daughter’s innocent mind.” Jessica sent her icy glare.

 

Yoona grinned and stare at Seohyun.

 

“Seohyun, right?” Yoona asked, Seohyun nodded while she scratched her head. “Seohyun, even though your mom was a scary monster before, she is the only person, who makes my heart flutter. And this heart...” she pointed on her chest. “Belongs to her.”

“Mom said you are her true love.” Seohyun blurted out making Jessica looked away, hoping that it would help her hide her embarrassment from the doe eyed girl.

 

Yoona laughed and shook her head.

 

“Mom was crying a while ago because you left her.” Seohyun paused to hold her mother's hand. “Why are you making my mom cry?”

 

Yoona pinched Seohyun's cheeks then glanced at Jessica, who is still looking away.

 

“I left because I don't want to see your mother cry. Without me, your mother is not crying, right?” Yoona smiled, receiving a nod from the little kid. “Seohyun ah, will you promise me that you won't let your mother cry again even if I left again?”

 

Seohyun glanced at her mother and noticed a tear forming into her eyes again.

 

“Why are you going to leave mom, again?” Seohyun pouted.

“Because I have my own life now and I cannot stay.”

“You are mom's life...” Seohyun retorted, making Yoona to widened her eyes.

 

Jessica grinned knowing that it affected Yoona.

 

“Wow, you are so much like your mother.” Yoona glanced at Jessica, whose grin are still plastered on her face. “Seohyun ah, I don't want to hurt your mother, moreover, to see her crying again.”

“Mom is crying because you are leaving her. If you stay, mom, won't cry and will be happy.” Seohyun softly said with tears forming into her eyes.

 

Yoona was about to reply when she saw an image of Joonmyun flashes.

 

“I really need to go...” Yoona mumbled, standing up.

 

Jessica stared at her with confusion drawn on her face. She thought that Seohyun managed to change Yoona's mind but it seems like even her own daughter failed.

 

“Jessica, it's nice seeing you again.” Yoona quickly said before running away from them.

 

Jessica and Seohyun watched her as she was completely gone.

 

“Seohyun, let's go home.” Jessica softly said, without looking at her daughter, knowing that her daughter will see her tears and that is the thing she is avoiding the most. She doesn't want to show her weak side in front of her daughter because it would only bring burden to the little kid.

 

*****

“Aunt Miyoung... Aunt Sooyoung.” Seohyun greeted them as they both offered a big hug.

“How was our Seohyun?” Tiffany started off, making Seohyun to frown.

“Yah, Tiff, you are scaring her.” Sooyoung laughed, asking Seohyun to sat on her lap, which the little kid did.

 

Before Tiffany could utter a word, Jessica entered the house heaving a sigh.

 

“How was your day, Seohyun?” Tiffany repeated while staring on the person, who just entered the house.

“Mom is sad because she met her true love a while ago.” Seohyun pouted.

 

Tiffany and Sooyoung nodded while Jessica glared on them.

 

“Seohyun ah, do you wanna play with me?” Sooyoung smiled on the little kid.

 

Seohyun nodded.

 

Sooyoung mouthed something on Tiffany before she headed to Seohyun's room with the little kid.

 

“Tell me everything, Jess.” Tiffany crossed her arms, waiting for any response.

 

Jessica sat on the couch and shook her head.

 

“Yoona is back. She is in Seoul right now. I've met her a while ago.” Jessica sighed.

 

Tiffany nodded, waiting for her next words.

 

“And then she left me again, what do you expect?”

“She's been watching you from afar...” Tiffany muttered.

 

Jessica stared at her.

 

“Yoona was at your wedding day...” Tiffany pause checking Jessica's reaction. “I saw her. She was with Taeyeon. I want to tell you about that but I know you would feel uncomfortable and hey, it's your wedding day.”

 

Tiffany paused after realizing that Jessica's reaction becomes sour.

 

“She told me about that.” She said.

“Then, great. She must also told you already that she is a widow now.” Tiffany suddenly said making Jessica to roll her eyes on her.

 

Realizing that she spilled a secret, Tiffany stood up from her seat, getting ready to run on her room.

 

“I forgot I have something to do, Jess.”

 

Tiffany was about to run when she felt a hand holding her hand. Turning back, she saw a teary eyed Jessica, pleading her to stay and tell her everything.

 

“Okay, fine.” Tiffany sighed in defeat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter