Chapter 8

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon ah, what do you want if we’re going to marry?”

“Hmm.” Taeyeon paused for a moment and stared directly into the other girl’s eyes. “Miyoung ah…”

“Ah, forget it. If you are not thinking of that then it’s okay. I’ll stay here as long as you want.” Tiffany smiled, giving assurance to Taeyeon as she hugged her tight. Though, deep inside her heart, she was hurt at how Taeyeon would respond if she let her finish.

 

Taeyeon then broke the hug that made Tiffany shocked and speechless. Tiffany tried to stare at Taeyeon’s eyes and it gave her the most definite answer, the answer that she doesn’t want to hear, the answer that will end all her fantasies.

 

“”Miyoung…” Taeyeon mumbled as took one step backward. “I want to make myself clear…”

“No, don’t say anything.” Tiffany refused to listen at whatever the other girl will say as she already knew it. “I love you, Taeyeon.” She then tried to hold the other girl’s hand but Taeyeon didn’t let her as she took another step back.

“Miyoung, I have never loved you and it is unfair if I keep you beside me. You know that loving anyone is never my priority.” Taeyeon avoided looking at Tiffany, for she knows that she might change her mind. “Farewell, Miyoung, I hope you will find someone better than me.”

 

Taeyeon moved closer to Tiffany. She then her face, trying to remove the tears from the girl’s face, and then she gave her a peck on her lips as a sign of goodbye. Taeyeon removed the ring that Tiffany gave to her on their anniversary from her finger; she then held Tiffany’s hand and placed the ring on it.

 

“Taeyeon…” Tiffany sobbed.

 

Taeyeon smiled a bit as she turned her back on the girl. She was about to walk away but Tiffany didn’t let her as she hugged her tightly from the back, as she started to cry hard. Taeyeon took a deep breath and removed Tiffany’s arms on her. She then walk real fast leaving Tiffany on her own, crying.

 

-End of Flashbacks-

*****

 

A loud knock of the door made Taeyeon awake. She then the door, only to be surprised by the figure that she never expected to see. The figure smiled at Taeyeon, she then asked her to sit on the seat in front of her.

 

“Yoona, I have never expected a visit from you here.” Taeyeon cleared .

“Unnie, I just wanted to ask you something.” Yoona can feel how uncomfortable Taeyeon was.

“What is it?”

“Unnie, Joonmyun told me about what you can do.” Yoona paused as she saw how Taeyeon’s eyes are looking at her. “Unnie, can I ask you a favor?” she gulped.

“Go ahead, tell me what it is.”

“Unnie, I want to renovate the apartment we recently bought.” Yoona waited for Taeyeon to say something as she saw how Taeyeon reacted by sighing.

“The apartment where you and Jessica had spent time?” Taeyeon then asked as she stood up from her seat. “I’ll make myself clear here, Yoona, it’s not that I don’t want to help you or what. I just don’t want to hurt my younger brother…” she then paused as she let another sigh. “I was against on you two buying that apartment from the very beginning but my brother was really a fool. He wanted to make you happy, even though, he knew the past of that apartment, he still bought it.”

 

Yoona fixed her eyes on Taeyeon, who was now looking for a book from the book shelves as she explains herself. She already knew where the conversation will head just by seeing how Taeyeon reacted.

 

“Unnie…”

“Yoona, again, I am not against you, I don’t have a grudge on you.” Taeyeon cut her out as she knew that the doe eyed girl would retaliate. “I just hate you for making my brother a fool…”

 

A crease on the forehead formed into Yoona’s forehead as she heard what Taeyeon had just said. She wanted to react but she chose not to because Taeyeon was right. She made Joonmyun a fool. She married him just because she has no other choice and after marrying him, she didn’t even love him nor did anything for him. A complete opposite of her husband, as her husband showered her all his love by giving everything she wanted even though, it will hurt him.

 

“Yoona, Joonmyun did everything for you but all this time you are, Jessica, Jessica, and Jessica. Seriously when are you going to see my brother? When he is dead because of the stressed you gave to him?” Taeyeon asked, making Yoona to breathe heavily.

“Unnie, I… I… just… can’t…” Yoona stuttered, fearing that Taeyeon would do anything to her. “Unnie, I don’t believe in love anymore. For me, it’s just a made up emotion to deceive everyone.”

“You can’t because you are not trying. Yoona, I was once at your position. I fell in love with someone back then. But love will never ever be my priority. And besides, it was very wrong in every way.” Taeyeon paused as she glanced at Yoona who was watching her from behind. “Yoona, it is a sin to love someone, who is not for you, and most of al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter