Chapter 6.1

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you want that?” Joonmyun asked Yoona, as he noticed how intense his wife’s stare on one unit’s door.

 

However, Yoona didn’t give him an answer as she opens the door which leaves Joonmyun and the caretaker to follow her. The doe eyed girl scanned the place and let out a bitter smile.

 

“It’s been a while…” she uttered making Joonmyun and the caretaker to exchange glances.

 

Yoona took a step forward as her heart gets heavier. She took a deep breath before taking another step forward. The apartment didn’t change at all since the day she left it. The dried tulip on the flower vase near the window was actually from her.

 

“It’s still there.” She uttered again as tears started to form.

“Yoona ah.” Joonmyun sighed as he finally realized why his wife is acting that way.

 

The apartment was owned by Jessica, Yoona’s lover and the reason why his wife cannot learn how to love again. The apartment is the witness of Yoona and Jessica’s love, the love that Yoona couldn’t let go.

 

“Jessica…” Yoona uttered as she finally broke into tears. “Sooyeon ah.”

“Yoona.” Joonmyun called her as he runs to her and hug her tight.

“Sooyeon yah.”

“Yoon ah, Sooyeon isn’t here anymore, stop crying now.” Joonmyun, being an understanding husband caressed her back as she sobs harder.

 

Joonmyun exactly know how much pain Yoona is suffering. In fact, he is aware that Yoona only marries him because she had left no choice and she was just grateful to him for staying and not leaving her side after the accident. Though, he hates to admit it, every time Yoona mentions Jessica’s name, he is hurt. But what can he do? He tried his best winning his wife’s heart even before they got married but he always failed. He is contented being Yoona’s husband and having all the rights to her.

*****

“You’re back.” Taeyeon welcomed the married couple as she saw them entering the door.

“Yes, unnie. I’ll head to our room, goodnight.” Yoona let out a smile to hide her sadness.

 

Staying with Taeyeon for more than one year, Yoona isn’t aware of what the girl can do, all she know is has to be careful whenever she’s around her as Joonmyun told her. Joonmyun also told her to hide her sadness whenever Taeyeon is around. Though, she is wonders why she have to act like that to Taeyeon, she chose to follow Joonmyun’s words. Of course, Joonmyun’s Taeyeon’s brother so he knew her very well and besides, she trust her husband.

 

“Joonmyun, are you happy?” Taeyeon asked, making Joonmyun to pause for a moment.

“I am.” He answered confidently as he followed Yoona.

“Liar.” Taeyeon shook her head.

*****

“Yoona, stop crying.” Joonmyun sighed as he entered the room and switched on the light.

“Joonmyun, I’m afraid, I’m afraid…” Yoona sobbed, as her husband went to her and hugged her tightly.

“Don’t be. I am here. I will protect you, Yoona. I will man up myself and be a husband that you deserve.” Joonmyun patted her back as an assurance that everything will be okay.

 

It had been two years already when Yoona and Jessica parted ways. Jessica died, while Yoona was saved and still alive. But even though, Yoona is alive, she is already like a dead person. The Yoona who always wears a smile and a mesmerizing doe eyes had changed. Yoona never smiled and the mesmerizing doe eyes are swollen doe eyes now. Broken isn’t enough to describe her, she is worst than broken.

 

As what had been planned for Yoona’s future, she marries Joonmyun. To make her father happy but more than it, it is the only way she thinks, she can thanked Joonmyun for staying with her and for accepting her. Yes, everything had had been back to her, her name, her family, her wealth, but she had never felt completed. Emptiness occupies her.

 

“Good night, my wife.” Joonmyun mumbled as he Yoona’s face and fixing her hair that is covering her beautiful face. “I love you.”

 

Every night, before Joonmyun fell asleep, he always makes sure to say I love you to Yoona, but he always failed to receive an answer. He always managed to shower Yoona the love she deserves but she never returned any single of it to him. He is really more than a fool for holding up to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter