Chapter 3

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud slap had echoed in Mr. Im’s office making the assistant and the employees passing by to momentarily pause. All of them knew that the daughter of their chairman is inside and it surprised them a lot. They knew how scary their chairman is but they know how much he loves his own daughter.

 

“You dare to show your face here after what you’ve done?” Mr. Im couldn’t help but to feel mad seeing how his daughter had turned to be.

“Dad, I love her.”

“A shameful wrench isn’t welcome in my family.” Mr. Im suddenly said making Yoona to be really surprised.

 

Yoona had never thought her father would be that heartless. She is aware that her father is a scary one but he loves her a lot. He always makes sure to have time for her when she was young, he was always there for her all the time, he was her most trusted person and it wasn’t obvious that he is much closer to her father than to her mother. She’s her father most treasured one but what happened now? Did all of this wealth have eaten the father she loves the most? The father she loves the most is very different to her father standing in front of her right now.

 

“Dad…”

“Yoona, I’ve gave you everything and this is how you’ll going to repay me?” Her father paused, taking a seat. “I don’t want you in my family. Moreover, I don’t need you, I don’t need a daughter like you.”

 

Tears finally broke into Yoona’s eyes. She never expected her own father to say those words to her. The father who was always careful not to hurt his daughter’s feelings is not the father she is seeing. Her father changed a lot and it pained her.

 

“If that’s what you want, da-” Yoona removed her own tears. “I meant, Mr. Im. I will take my leave now. I hope you’ll be happy with everything. Please take care of my mother, sir.” After uttering those words, she had left him.

 

Mr. Im couldn’t believe that his daughter had chosen love over family and it angers him more. He could never accept what Yoona had chosen and he will try his best not to melt. He knew that a day when Yoona will realize what had she lost will come and she will return to them.

*****

“Attorney Shim, had you finished what I’ve asked you?” Mr. Jung asked, he doesn’t care even if Jessica is right in front of him. For him, Jessica is just an air.

“Sir, as you’ve requested, I’ve removed your daughter’s registration and she’s no longer your daughter.” Attorney Shim placed an envelope into Mr. Jung’s desk.

“Thank you, you can leave now.” Mr. Jung commanded, turning his gaze to Jessica.

“Daddy, you…” Before Jessica could even finish her words, Mr. Jung had thrown the envelope on her face making all the documents inside to be clattered on the floor.

“You are not my daughter anymore.” Mr. Jung muttered as he leaves her alone in his office.

 

Jessica starts to sobs as she picks the documents and takes a look on it. Her father had filed a complaint, to completely disown her. She tried to stand up but her legs starts shaking. The word hurt isn’t enough to describe her now. She doesn’t deserve to be treated like a after following him all her life. But what can she do now that the complaint had been approved? As this time, she’s no longer the Jessica Jung everyone knows, she’s now a normal girl who named, Jessica.

 

Even after what happened, she couldn’t find any regret inside her. Why would she? She’s just been true to herself. She just let herself taste a freedom. Knowing that Yoona will be with her especially for a hard time like this makes her stronger. She doesn’t care if she lost everything as long as the doe eyed girl’s with her, she knew she can face it.

*****

“Yoona!” Joonmyeon held Yoona’s wrist making the girl to finally notice him. He had been following her all day and he exactly knew what happened back in Mr. Im’s office.

“What?” Yoona asked sounding irritated.

“I… I… I just want you to know that I will be here for you.” Yoona raised her brow hearing the statement from Joonmyeon, the guy he ditched on their wedding. “If I couldn’t be your husband then just let me be your friend. Yoona, what happened, I don’t care anymore.”

“Joonmyeon ah, I’ve been bad at you, I’ve left you on our wedding but you still want to be my friend?”

“You can treat me as your listening wall. I know this sounds ridiculous after what happened but I want to stay by your side. Just please let me.” Joonmyeon let out a soft smile.

“Thank you, Joonmyeon.” Yoona smiled happily after knowing that after all the bad things happening to her, there is another person willing to stay and listen to her aside from Jessica.

 

Joonmyeon was more than happy just by knowing that Yoona trusted him. He is a fool indeed but if it will help him to be close to his love, he is willing to be one.

*****

“Noona, Yoona had given her trust on me.” Joonmyeon said excitedly as he entered Taeyeon’s office.

“Are you happy just by being her friend?” Taeyeon asked, not bothering to glance at him.

“Noona, you’ve done so much for me, now that I am old enough and I could take care of myself, I want to ask you to please don’t get yourself involve.” Joonmyeon lowered his stare, making Taeyeon to stare at him.

“If that’s what you want.” Taeyeon assured him before getting back on her works.

“Thank you, noona. I’ll go now, see you later.” Joonmyeon vowed as he leaves her office.

 

Taeyeon gazed at Joonmyeon as he left. She shook her head and a grin formed into her lips. She knew exactly what are her brother’s capabilities and that doesn’t include getting the girl he wanted. Her brother is too soft hearted and that makes him worst. Whether he likes it or not, she always needs to step forward just to fix everything for him. She always gets what her brother likes for him and that include Yoona. Even though, Joonmyeon asked her not to get herself involve, she wouldn’t let it.

 

Taeyeon let out a sigh before dialing someone’s number. After two beeps, the person answered, making her to let out another grin.

“I think, I’ll need you, you have something to do.” She snorted.

*****

Jessica had been staring at sleeping Yoona for about an hour but still couldn’t find a way to be sleepy. She enjoys fascinating over Yoona’s cute face and listening to her cute snores. Her best friend that turned out to be her first love is next to her sleeping. She couldn’t ask for more now that she feels complete. Even though, she had already lost everything, she was still happy and complete.

 

“Yoona yah, it’ll be a long and tough road for us, please don’t leave me or else you’ll die hearing my nags.” Jessica whispered as she leans in for a kiss but after seeing the opened eyes of Yoona made her stop.

 

Yoona grinned and stole a kiss from her. “You can’t sleep because I haven’t gave you a goodnight kiss, am I right?”

“Yah! It’s not…” Before Jessica could finish her words, another kiss was stolen from her.

“Perhaps, you like something more than that.” Yoona winked at her before covering herself and pretend that she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter