Chapter 20

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am letting you go now, Im Yoona.” Jessica mumbled.

 

It was exactly four months after Jessica’s encounter with Yoona. After that, there is no day that she didn’t cry. She wanted to see her again but couldn’t. She knew that if she showed herself up, it would only trouble Yoona and it would only make everything the doe eyed girl did for her, to protect her, go into waste.

 

Jessica heave a deep sigh as she nodded and added, “I do.”

 

The day Jessica would tie a knot with Donghae finally came. It was only a short preparation as their parents, insisted them to get married as soon as possible. She knew that Donghae is against it, but he cannot do anything, as she is too persistent on making him agree.

 

Donghae glanced at Jessica then shook his head. He knew that marrying Jessica is wrong in every possible way, he knew that the girl is just using him as an escape to her broken heart but because he pity her, he finally agreed.

 

Finally, the wedding ceremony had ended well. Jessica smiled at their guests while trying to hid her tears. She is married now. She believes that it will be the start of her, moving on from Yoona.

 

While people are busy greeting the newly wed couple, a heart was shattered into pieces, watching the most heart breaking scene, she ever saw in her life. She was hiding on one corner as she witnessed how the person she loves finally be owned by someone.

 

“Are you okay, Yoona?” Taeyeon stared at her, worrying that the doe eyed girl might collapse or might do something.

 

Yoona cleared and smiled at Taeyeon but pain can still be seen on her doe eyes.

 

“Let’s go, unnie.” Yoona softly said, turning her back from the view.

 

Taeyeon patted her back as they walked away from the scene with Yoona taking her last glance on Jessica, who’s smiling brightly at their guests.

 

“Tiff, why are you staring there?” Sooyoung suddenly asked, seeing how Tiffany’s eyes were fixed on the door.

“I think I’ve seen Yoona and Taeyeon.” Tiffany mumbled.

“So, they really came.” Sooyoung uttered.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve sent them message, telling Yoona to come here, hoping that she would stop the wedding and make everything right again.” Sooyoung confessed, making Tiffany to shook her head. “Hey, it’s the only thing I can do for them after what I did.”

“No, it’s not that. It’s just, Yoona chose to give up Jessica.” Tiffany muttered in which Sooyoung replied with a nod as an agreement.

“She had the chance but she just let it pass. I wonder if Joonmyun will be peaceful knowing that.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“What about him?”

“Ah, no, nothing.” Sooyoung smiled. “I’ll go congratulate Jess, first.” She added, leaving Tiffany in daze.

 

Tiffany stared on Sooyoung’s direction, she knew that the tall girl is hiding a secret to her and Jessica. Even though, she wanted to know what ever Sooyoung is hiding from them, she just chose for the right time wherein Sooyoung would tell them everything.

*****

Flashbacks

 

“Noona, tell Yoona, I love her and I’m sorry.”

 

Those were the last words, Taeyeon heard from her own brother. Next thing she knew, her brother was already dead and left a note to donate his eyes on Yoona. She wanted to hate Yoona for doing that to her brother but she couldn’t. Her brother loves Yoona so much that he sacrificed his own self including his own happiness for Yoona to see the color of the world.

 

The day Jessica bumped into Yoona, was the day Taeyeon found out that her brother was already dead. After that very day, there is no day that Taeyeon didn’t try to ask Yoona to go with the eye surgery but the doe eyed girl was too persistent on saying no. So a day comes, when she told her the truth.

 

“Unnie, no. Tell Joonmyun, I wouldn’t and where is he?” Yoona suddenly asked after noticing that she hasn’t felt her husband’s existence on their house for a month.

“Yoona…” Taeyeon suddenly hugged Yoona and broke into tears. “Joonmyun, wanted you to be happy. He regretted everything he did.” She sobbed.

 

Yoona doesn’t understand what Taeyeon was talking about but she is sensing that there is something wrong. Taeyeon doesn’t cry hard, in fact, she had never seen Taeyeon breaking into tears before.

 

“Joonmyun is your donor, Yoona.” Taeyeon paused breaking the hug. “Joonmyun, let go of you, he wanted you to be happy.”

 

Tears suddenly fell down from Yoona’s eyes. She did not ever think that Joonmyun could do something like that, that even sacrificing his own life for her is possible. She never thought that Joonmyun’s love for her is greater than what she have always thought of.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me, unnie. I am his wife, I should know.” Yoona’s voice was trembling as her body is also trembling, after knowing the devastating news.

“Yoona, he wanted me to file a divorce for you two, after the surgery that is why we haven’t registered his death.” Taeyeon mumbled, making Yoona to feel like her body is feeling weak.

“Why?”

“He wants to set you free from his shadow. He wants you to forget him, Yoona. He wants you to live peacefully and happily with Jessica.”

“Unnie, do not file the divorce.” Yoona suddenly said, making Taeyeon to roll her eyes. “It is the only way I could repay Joonmyun.”

“But Jessica…”

“Jessica would understand, I know.”

“Why are you being like that to him? He was the reason for all those misfortunes you and Jessica have been through.” Taeyeon asked, staring at her doe eyes.

“Even though, he was the reason for every sadness, every pain, we have felt, I still can’t hate him, unnie.” Yoona paused. “I’ve learned so many things and that is thanks to him. I wouldn’t know what is the true meaning of true love if not for him…”

 

Taeyeon wanted to ask her a question but chose to keep herself mum and listen to the doe eyed girl.

 

“Unnie, because of him, I have realized that true love also means sacrificing your own happiness just to see your love being happy, even if it means, you need to suffer from all of the pain you would feel letting that person go.” Yoona uttered.

 

Taeyeon was surprised that she couldn’t even utter a single word. She knew that the doe eyed girl is more than sincere on her words. But at the same time, regrets are starting to cloud her mind. She’s been too selfish, thinking only about herself, thinking about what can make Joonmyun happy, forgetting all the people around her, people who loves her, who treated her as their friend. She lost all of those people.

 

After that day, Taeyeon confessed everything to Yoona about Joonmyun, they hurriedly went back to Paris for the surgery.

 

After the surgery, Yoona wanted to go back to Seoul right away, to meet Jessica, but her doctor asked her to stay for a little longer to make sure her condition is well before returning to her home country, and even though, Yoona was eager to meet Jessica, she had left no choice but to follow her doctor.

 

The day, Yoona and Taeyeon returned to Seoul was the day of Jessica and Donghae’s marriage. While they were on the airport, Taeyeon received a text message from someone named, Choi Sooyoung, telling her everything. Though, Taeyeon is hesitant to tell Yoona about the text she received, she chose to tell her because she believe that the doe eyed girl has all the rights to know.

 

After reading the text message from Sooyoung, Yoona rushed to the said venue of the wedding with Taeyeon by her side.

 

As soon as they arrived on the venue, Yoona’s eyes were fixed at Jessica. She wanted to stop the wedding, to tell Jessica that she returned for her, to make everything right, but she chose to hid herself, she chose to let Jessica find her own happiness that she couldn’t find to her. She chose to give her up on someone that will fill every space that she couldn’t fill for Jessica.

 

End of Flashbacks.

*****

A year had passed since Jessica’s marriage with Donghae and they are going strong, but she still feel incomplete and alone. She knew why, she knew that her heart is still longing for Yoona. She still love and misses Yoona even after everything.

 

Heaving a sigh, she continue walking around the mall that Yoona used to run. Wishing the she would be given a chance to see Yoona again. And her wish was granted, she noticed a tall beautiful familiar figure, walking towards her direction with people around her.

 

“Yoona?” Jessica uttered as the doe eyed girl passed by her.

 

Yoona stopped from her tracks and handed the paper on her hand to the assistant next to her. She turned to her back and saw the person, she misses the most. She beckoned her assistant and guards to go first, which they followed.

 

“Yoona...” Jessica mumbled.

 

Yoona took a step forward but Jessica suddenly jump into her to hug her, tightly. She almost lost her balance from the sudden move, thankfully, she was able to control herself or else, they might fell on the ground.

 

“Yoona, I miss you.” Jessica whispered on her ears.

 

Yoona wanted to tell her how much she misses her that everyday without her is killing her, but the image of Jessica and Donghae’s wedding day, flashes on her mind that made her mum. She waited until Jessica finally let go of her.

 

“Why are you not saying anything, Yoona?” Jessica noticed the blank expression of Yoona as soon as she broke the hug.

“We need to talk... Privately...” Yoona coldly said.

 

Jessica felt that she will broke into tears, any minute, feeling how cold Yoona is treating her.

 

“Follow me.” Yoona mumbled, turning her back on Jessica.

 

Even though, Jessica was already feeling something is not right and that she might be hurt, she chose to follow Yoona. She wanted to clear a lot of things to the doe eyed girl, she wanted to ask her why she is treating her cold like that.

 

Yoona opened the door of her office, asking Jessica to come inside first, which the latter did. The doe eyed girl, asked her to sat on the familiar couch, which she did.

 

“Yoona.”

“Jessica, it’s been a while.” Yoona paused, sitting on her chair, taking the papers from her table. “How are you now?”

 

Jessica felt her tears are falling down from her eyes, seeing how Yoona is treating her and not even trying to look at her.

 

“Yoona, why? When?” Jessica uttered, hoping that Yoona would understand her question.

 

Yoona took a deep sigh, holding back her tears while covering her face with the papers.

 

“Joonmyun, did everything for me.” Yoona started, Jessica gripped on the couch, trying to calm herself. “I was blind, and Joonmyun did everything, to even kneeling down in front of other people just to be my donor...”

 

Jessica gulped. She did not heard of any news about it.

 

“We didn’t announced for our company’s sake.” Yoona softly said, answering the question on her brain.

“When did you return

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter