Chapter 10

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That very night, Yoona couldn’t sleep. Whenever she tries to close her eyes, Jessica’s image keeps flashing. She has so many questions in her mind that was left unanswered. She wants to know what happened to the ice princess after the accident and why she didn’t show herself up after so many years.

 

Yoona sat down on her bed and stared at Joonmyun’s face. Her husband was sleeping peacefully as if he has no problems. The doe eyed girl caressed his face, admiring him at the same time. Though, she knew very well that she doesn’t love him as much as he loves her, she couldn’t leave him. She is forever in debt to him, as he was the one who helped her with everything after Jessica left her.

 

“Thank you.” Was all she said while watching him sleep.

 

The doe eyed girl’s thoughts was suddenly cut off when her phone rung, receiving a text message from an unknown number. She quickly opened the message. It contained an address that is very familiar to her. The address is actually the address of Jessica’s then apartment, which is now owned by her and her husband. She then hurriedly tied up herself, though there is nothing stated that she needs to go there right away, her consciousness told her that someone is waiting for her there.

 

*****

“The greatest revenge is leaving your heart broken…” Jessica smirked as she heard the door opening up.

 

Jessica welcomed the doe eyed girl with a hug as she hugged her tightly, as if she doesn’t want to let her go anymore. Her heart suddenly started to beat faster like before; it was like her heart wanted to jump out from her chest. She then, broke the hug to gave the doe eyed girl a peck on her lips, making sure that the doe eyed girl would feel how much she misses her.

 

“You’ve kept me waiting for a long time.” Jessica giggled as she held Yoona’s hand.

“I…” Jessica didn’t let Yoona finished her words as she gave her a light peck on her cheeks.

“Don’t say anything…” Jessica let go of Yoona’s hand then turned her back on her.

 

Yoona suddenly wrapped her arms around the ice princess’ waist, which made Jessica to smile, as a sign that she is winning. The ice princess held Yoona’s hand as she turned around to face her again. She then Yoona’s face and lightly pinched her nose, making Yoona to suddenly pout, which made Jessica to giggle once again, seeing how cute the doe eyed girl’s pout was. The ice princess returned it with a smile, a smile that was coming from her heart.

 

“Yoona, if I asked you to runaway with me… would you runaway with me?” Jessica suddenly asked.

 

It wasn’t Jessica’s plan to ask her that. Her plan is to get a revenge on Yoona by giving her a heart break that she had never experienced before but after seeing the doe eyed girl, all her plans went into nothingness, as her mind cannot think straight because her heart is the one taking control over her brain.

 

Yoona held Jessica’s hand as she caressed her face using her other hand. She smiled lightly at her then kissed her lips. She stared at the ice princess’ eyes, and saw nothing but sadness. She knew that the reason for Jessica’s sadness was her and to prevent hurting her more or making her sad, she needs to make up her mind and make a decision that will change everything.

 

“I’m sorry…” Yoona mumbled.

 

After hearing the words coming from Yoona, Jessica felt nothing but pain, more pain. To her it felt like her whole world started to crash and all her dreams with the doe eyed girl got broken into pieces. She doesn’t know where to start and where to end anymore. Everything was like turning into black now.

 

 “I love you more than anyone else and I won’t love anyone more than you.” Yoona tried to explain as she saw how Jessica suddenly lost her balance, only to be catch by her.

“Then why, Yoona?” Jessica asked as her tears started to break down.

“I have chosen this path al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter