Chapter 11

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is the start of the third part of the story. The story is a fast phase, btw.

 

 

 

It’s been 5 months since Yoona last saw Jessica but the image of the latter from their last meeting is still clear in Yoona’s mind. Every time the image flashes in her mind, the doe eyed girl can’t help but to feel her heart shattering into pieces.  Even though, she chose the path that she think is right, she still feels empty and wishing that if only she could bring back the time, she may have chosen the path wherein she can be happy and feel complete, and that is the path where Jessica is with her.

 

“Yoona, Yuri invited us to her birthday party tonight. Noona is invited too. Would you like to attend?” Joonmyun wrapped his arms around Yoona’s waist, resting his chin on her shoulder, after he saw his wife staring at nothingness from their balcony.

“Yuri’s been a good friend ever since, so we should attend.” Yoona mumbled.

“But… Jessica’s invited too.” Joonmyun whispered into her ears.

 

Upon hearing Jessica’s name, Yoona felt her heart being shattered into pieces once again. She and Jessica in one event, awkwardness will surely surround them. And yes, the last news, Yoona heard about Jessica was when the latter’s father announced that she is still alive and that they fully accepted her even her preferred uality.

 

Yoona broke the back hug then turned around to face her husband, who was looking down. She held his hand then caressed his face, as if Yoona is sending him a silent message. Joonmyun, though, he feels really agitated with the fact that Jessica is invited on the same event with Yoona, felt the assurance from his wife.

*****

 

“Yuri, this is Tiffany and Sooyoung.” Jessica introduced her new friends to her old friend. Yuri grinned seeing how Tiffany is so clingy towards Jessica.

“Nice to meet you guys.” Yuri was about to offer her hand to at least shake hands with Tiffany and Sooyoung but the presence of three people caught her eyes. “Oh, wait, here are the Kim’s. I’ll get back to you guys.” Yuri excused herself as she welcome her important guests while Jessica followed her direction.

 

Jessica watched as Yuri approached the Kim’s with a huge smile. Her eyes then caught Yoona, she couldn’t help but to feel jealous seeing how the doe eyed girl hold Joonmyun’s hands, wishing that she is the one beside the doe eyed girl, holding her hand.

 

“I think you should see someone here.” Yuri whispered to Yoona, as she lightly pointed Jessica’s direction.

 

Yoona followed Yuri’s direction, only to meet the eyes of the person she misses but at the same time breaks her heart. It was Jessica, whose eyes are fixed to her. It seems like the clock stopped running for a moment as their eyes met. The doe eyed girl wanted to come close Jessica but Joonmyun held Yoona’s hands tightly, stopping her. On the other side, Tiffany, appeared as well, holding Jessica’s hands.

 

“Joonmyun, you’ve gotten a lot handsome today.” Yuri complementing Joonmyun, but her real intention is to get his attention for Yoona to speak with Jessica.

“I see.” Taeyeon suddenly mumbled, seeing the presence of Jessica with Tiffany and Sooyoung. “Why don’t you formally introduce them to us. I bet Yoona would really be happy seeing someone who came from the grave.”

 

Indeed Taeyeon’s intention is clear. She wants to send hidden message to Yoona, that she should hate Jessica for hiding from her all this time and for being a coward.

 

“Jessica, I bet you already know them.” Yuri said as she approached Jessica, Tiffany, and Sooyoung.

 

Yoona and Jessica are only three steps away from each other. Their heart beats are like singing due to happiness they are both feeling after seeing each other after a long time. Yoona put on a smile as she stared down on the floor, while Jessica was frozen. The latter still couldn’t believe that Yoona is right in front of her again. She badly wanted to hug her but she couldn’t. The memories of being rejected by the doe eyed girl, never left her mind.

 

“It’s been a long time.” Jessica started to break the tension between them. “Are you happy now, Yoona?”

 

After hearing the question, Yoona stared into Jessica’s eyes only to find pain. She knew more than anyone else that the ice princess is just trying to deceive everyone by wearing the mask of a happy person.

 

“I’m more than happy…” Yoona sarcastically remarked, turning her stare to the person beside Jessica.

“It’s nice to see you once again, Jessica.” Taeyeon then turned to Tiffany who was holding Jessica’s arms. “You too, Miyoung. It’s been a long time, huh?”

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrow after hearing Taeyeon calling her by her Korean name. Though, she wouldn’t admit it, she loves the way Taeyeon called her name, it was like a sweet melody that will linger in her ears for long time.

 

“Oh, guys, we have the most expensive wines and varieties here, I bet you are all hungry so I suggest you all to take a seat and have something for your stomachs first.” Yuri held Yoona’s hands, followed by Joonmyun, who didn’t took his tight hold to the doe eyed girl’s hand, as she directed them to one available table.

 

Yuri beckoned Jessica and her friends to follow her as well. Feeling anxious as she will seat with the Kim’s especially with Yoona, Jessica followed Yuri. She knew very well what Yuri is trying to do, indeed, her friend wanted to help her to talk to the doe eyed girl. If only Yuri knew that she was rejected by the doe eyed, will she do the same thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter