Sehun's Birthday Present: Crash Landing on Earth

Come Back Home, Our Guardians!

"Chenchen, my bro, you should not doubt me this time."


"Spit it out."


"I've just found this mixture of several kinds of gases that might bring a great change to the criminality in our kingdom! You see, we can make lots of people repent from their sins by using this, they'll forget that they're actually criminals."


Chen eyed the small gas tank in Baekhyun's hands with a look on his face that clearly shouted "unimpressed". They were sitting at a table in the middle of their lab, Baekhyun showing Chen his new creation and the latter lazily playing with a pen, his mind traveling somewhere else.


"That's an oxygen tank, Baek. It clearly says 'Oxygen Tank'." "Well, yeah, but the content isn't oxygen! I'm not dumb. Duh," Baekhyun rolled his eyes.


"What are you saying? Of course you're dumb! You put that weird gas inside oxygen tank, what if you forgot that it wasn't oxygen and then you used it for something else? It's dangerous!" Chen freaked out a little bit.


"We don't have any other tanks," Baekhyun pouted, "we only have these. But don't worry, I've marked them. See this red cross? I've marked the real oxygen tanks with blue cross, while this new gas is red."


"Are you sure you remember it right?" Chen raised an eyebrow.


Baekhyun looked a little bit unsure for awhile, but then assured himself with a firm nod. "Of course! Blue is the right color for oxygen, right?"


"That makes sense," Chen nodded and rubbed his chin, eyeing the gas tank again closely. "So what does it do?"


"It makes people lose their memories," Baekhyun grinned, "but not completely. They will still remember their basic information, like name and age. I've secretly tested it to someone with mental problem at the nuthouse when you were away with Lay hyung. I went there with Channie. It really worked!"


"Really?" Chen raised his eyebrows, "But what does it do with criminals?"


"Like I said, they'll forget that they're criminals so they can start new lives as good people! Actually the effects aren't permanent. Nonetheless, when they remember everything again it will be too late for them to turn back!" Baekhyun threw his arms in the air, his skin emitting faint glow as the sign that he was happy.


"That's nice," Chen said while kept nodding his head, "but also dangerous at the same time. We need permissions from many parties to use it. Until then, you better keep it in a safe place. Are you done explaining? Now please excuse me, I have to continue my own research."


Chen left Baekhyun alone at the table and walked towards a bookcase, taking a huge book and spreading it open on his own desk. He took a small note slipped between the pages and pushed his big spectacles up the bridge of his nose to read the note clearly. Actually he didn't have any problems with his eyes, really; he just wanted to look smarter, and so did his lab partner.


Baekhyun watched as his partner sat behind a giant telescope and moved it left and right, up and down to find something out there in the sky. Because their lab was underground, they had asked for an opening on the surface so they could see the sky through it using the telescope. Their fellow guardians had mocked them for using a telescope underground instead of using it at a high place, but they couldn't possibly build another lab on the surface just to see the sky.


"You're still looking for that planet, huh?" Baekhyun asked, leaving his seat to see the other's work.


"It has a name. It's called Earth," Chen said not too clearly because of the small paper bitten between his teeth. He kept on shifting the telescope, frowning because he couldn't find what he wanted.


"Yeah, whatever," Baekhyun shrugged, "you can't find it like that because it's too far away."


"But I'm sure we can go there," Chen said behind the telescope, "because its human could come here once, although it died right after the first step on this planet because of a wild animal. But still, those humans made it to send one of them here. So why can't we?"


"You're saying it like we're not humans too," Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, "Well maybe we're a little bit different. That human corpse in the museum looks much smaller than us. Or shorter. It's even shorter than our Kyungsoo! You know that Soo is like the shortest living boy on this planet for his age."


"He'd smash you if he heard that," Chen chuckled, "or should I tell him?"


"Please don't," Baekhyun said quickly, "he punched me once and I felt like turning into bread crumbs."


"Then be quiet."


Baekhyun pouted and crossed his arms. "Fine then."


Few moments had passed and Chen hadn't found the blue-and-green planet that he had unintentionally found once before. He took off his glasses and ran his fingers through his hair, groaning in frustration.


"I know it's not that far away. I saw it once, with this telescope," he mumbled.


Baekhyun eyed his buddy quietly, trying to read his expressions, because the other rarely got depressed because of one single invention. But he guessed this one was different. "Why are you so obsessed about it, Chen-ah?"


Chen bowed his head and randomly played with his fake glasses. "I guess that book that Professor Zhang gave us really has influenced my mind a lot. Can you imagine that? Somewhere out there there's a planet that has living beings like us on it. Aren't you curious about them? I really want to find out about them. See how they actually look like, and maybe communicate with them too."


"But being too curious is not good," Baekhyun said slowly, "you don't know if they're good or bad."


Chen raised his head and stared deeply into Baekhyun's eyes. "You know what? Actually I've set the route of our new spaceship to Earth."


Baekhyun's eyes bulged out of their sacks and the pen he was holding fell onto the floor.


"You- You WHAT?? Why are you saying this so casually?? I mean, it's a big thing and you didn't even talk to me about this we've already planned to test it to our exomoon only and you don't know the exact position of that planet how can you be sure it's the right route-"


"Calm down, Baek," Chen cut sharply, "we're not flying that spaceship anywhere in short time, it's just a temporary route I've set there so I won't lose that planet's position. We can reset the route anytime."


Baekhyun opened his mouth and closed it again, opened it again and closed it again, looking like a fish out of the water gasping for oxygen.


"But we can't mess with it. It's Sehunnie's birthday present," he finally said, his gaze softened at the spaceship on the other side of the lab. It wasn't like a huge, tall rocket; actually it looked more like a black and metallic orange saucer with twelve branches around it, connecting it to twelve smaller bean-like ships in the same colors, enough for two persons only. It was the first one ever made on their planet; SM World.


Chen sighed and massaged his temple. "I know. And we were planning to make it a gift for Luhan hyung too, since his birthday is next week."


"You see? That's why we shouldn't mess with it. We'll just take them to exomoon, okay?" Baekhyun gave the other a doubtful smile.


"Yeah. I got it. Let's just put the oxygen tanks into the ship now."


Baekhyun and Chen took some trolleys and put the small tanks on them to make it easier to carry them around.


"The ones with blue marks, right?" Chen asked again just to make sure.


"...Yeah, the blue ones."


They carried the trolleys into the spacious room on the other side, where they had kept the spaceship in. Actually that room had never been there before, but Suho had turned a huge part of that underground place into one room, special for his beloved son's birthday gift.


They planted the oxygen tanks inside the walls of the twelve smaller ships and also inside the main body. Right after they had finished their work, came loud knocks on the lab's door, sign that the others were already there and were ready to see the ship. Baekhyun wiped his dirty hands with a napkin and ran to the door to open it.


Ten noisy boys barged into the lab and touched everything they could touch like some kids visiting a museum for the first time. Sehun was holding Yoojin in his arms, together watching a fat hamster floating inside a glass ball. Their faces both looked equally amazed.


Baekhyun and Chen approached the prince and hugged him tight from both sides, shouting unison in his ears, "Happy birthday, Sehun-ah!!"


Sehun cringed, but then laughed together with Yoojin and his two troll hyungs.


"Thank you, Chen hyung, Baekhyun hyung," Sehun smiled sweetly.


"You're eighteen now, happy being legal," Baekhyun winked.


Sehun laughed and shook his head, "If I had never eaten my pearl I would have been twenty two by now. Weird, isn't it? Luhan hyung is supposed to be twenty four next week, but he'll be twenty only."


"Wow, time sure flies and we're still young," Chen laughed. "Anyways, ready to see your present?"


"Sure!" Sehun beamed and Yoojin clapped his hands excitedly. "Where is it?"


Baekhyun and Chen grinned and pointed their fingers at a wide transparent glass attached to the wall. Usually it was covered by curtains, but this time Sehun could see what was behind it.


"Wooww, UFO!" Yoojin exclaimed and bounced in Sehun's arms joyfully. "Go there, hyung! Go there!"


Sehun slowly shifted his gaze from the spaceship towards his hyungs and gave them his most dazed face.


"You've made me... A spaceship?"


"Yeah! Do you like it? Please share with Luhan hyung, we've decided to make it a gift for both of you. Is that okay?" Baekhyun grinned sheepishly at the prince.


Sehun looked at the spaceship again and found his hyper baby deer already climbing up the outside of the saucer.


"Of course," he muttered absent-mindedly, "it's even too much to be shared for twelve of us."


Sehun put Yoojin down just to pull his hyungs into a great big hug and whisper, "I love it, thanks a lot, hyung. I love you guys."


Baekhyun and Chen smiled and blinked few times to hold back their happy tears. They secretly low-fived each other before Sehun let them go.


"Let's go see it now." The two pushed Sehun and Yoojin towards the other room and joined the others.


The two brought Sehun and Luhan into the ship and showed them every parts of it. The inside of the main body was bigger than they had thought, but the smaller ships around were not that big; they had two seats only and their own small cockpits.


"Why did you make these smaller ones?" Luhan asked, entering one of the twelve. "This looks like a ride in an amusement park."


"These twelve can be separated from the main body," Chen explained, "so you'll be able to control your own ships if you want."


The two watched as Luhan sat inside the small cabin and eyed the cockpit with sparkling wide eyes, and then turned around on his seat to see what was at the back of the seat like a five-year-old. They kind of felt warm inside seeing him so happy like that.


"Do you like it, hyung? It's your gift too," Baekhyun said.


Luhan turned his head towards the two younger boys and widened his eyes. "Really? You've just told me that! Of course I love it, it's really cool! Thank you so much!"


The deer jumped out of the mini ship and hugged the other two tightly.


"It's an early birthday present," Chen chuckled.


"Yeah," Luhan bowed his head and smiled, "twenty two years ago I also got an early birthday present on this very same date."


Baekhyun crinkled his eyebrows and slightly tilted his head, "What was it?"


Luhan turned his head towards a certain boy holding a little boy in his arms, standing a little bit far away from them. "It was the day when Sehunnie was born. He was my early second birthday present."


"Awww," the other two cooed, "that's so cheesy yet so sweet! Look, your face is red!"


Luhan covered his face with both hands while the other two laughed and cooed at him.


After they had seen all parts of the ship, Yoojin dragged Sehun back into the lab to see the floating hamster again. The prince gladly followed his cousin; he also wanted to look around the lab anyways.


"Hyung, look at this! This changed me into a boy!" Yoojin pointed at a certain red machine and beamed at it proudly.


"Yeah, it's a bad machine," Sehun frowned, "but you like it, huh?"


"Yes, I like it," Yoojin giggled, and then his eyes fell on another machine placed next to it. "That one changed uncle Suho into a baby! I still remember. It created Boop too! I wonder if it could make a doggy too?"


Sehun laughed and ruffled the baby's hair. "Of course! Why not? You just have to ask Baekhyun hyung and Chen hyung to make one."


"I will!" Yoojin ran back towards the spaceship excitedly. Sehun trailed behind him, but what he didn't notice was one of the machine was leaking something and he slipped on it. He gasped and closed his eyes tightly before falling on his . The next thing he saw was white smoke everywhere; he couldn't see anything through it. He tried to stand up but all parts of his body felt numb; he tried to shout but what came out was only a whimper. The maknae prince felt like losing his consciousness, but then his vision became clear again. He took few steps forward and looked around, and then he found Yoojin staring back at him. Weird, he looked much bigger...


"A doggy!"


'What? Where?'


Yoojin ran to him and hugged him tight. He felt really small.


"Cute doggy! Where did you come from?" Yoojin beamed brightly at him.


Sehun blinked once. Twice. And then it hit him.


He ran towards a full-length mirror attached to the wall and stood in front of it, staring at his own reflection in horror.


Instead of a tall and handsome prince he saw there, it was a big fluffy white dog with an extremely adorable face. His body was bigger than Yoojin's.


A confused Yoojin approached the dog and stood next to it, also staring at the mirror, but then he saw something on the dog's reflection. He quickly grabbed its head and then widened his eyes in horror when he recognized the charm hanging around its neck.


"Sehun hyung!!"


Suddenly came a loud sound of something broken from the spaceship's room. Sehun's ears perked up and he quickly ran there, leaving the dazed baby alone.


A short while before, Boop the kitten had been wobbling above the control desk without everyone noticing. The kitten had felt as if it had gotten drunk; it had mewled weakly before finally falling and sliding down the control desk, ending up crashing onto the floor in form of a tiny plant in a broken pot. Unfortunately, it had by accident pushed a big red button on the control desk with its body. Written on the button was a big "LAUNCH".


Everyone was still inside the small ships when the doors suddenly closed automatically. Panicking, they started to pound their fists on the door and shouted for help. Inside their own separated ships, Baekhyun and Chen sank in their seats and groaned desperately.


'What did I do wrong??'


The ceiling above the spaceship opened up and they could see the bright sky out there. The ship slowly moved up and out of the underground lab, leaving a crying baby Yoojin alone inside the lab. The ship hovered in the air on the surface for awhile before dashing up into the sky in a sudden move.


"HEEELP!!"


Luhan was literally crying inside his ship. He knew he had seen Sehun going back into the lab with Yoojin; he hadn't been there when the ship had been launched. They were separated far away then.


"Sehunnie..."


The deer was too deep in his own wails that he didn't notice his surroundings. His ears caught a pitiful whimper and he couldn't do anything beside pitying himself for making such a sad whimper.


His cry was abruptly brought to a halt when he felt a soft nudge on his neck. He slowly and cautiously turned his head to his side and almost screamed when he found a big white creature sitting in the seat next to him.


The dog bowed its head sadly, but then lied down and rolled on its back with its head placed on Luhan's lap, front paws folded and tongue lolled out its mouth. It seemed like it was trying to cheer the deer up.


Luhan wiped his tears away and pulled the dog back up to a sitting position so he could hug it and bury his face on its neck.


"You smell like a baby," Luhan mumbled, sniffing and rubbing his face against the dog's neck. "You remind me of Sehunnie."


Luhan lifted his head and pouted at the dog. "Where did you come from?"


The dog lifted its paw and pointed at the charm hanging around its neck. Luhan screamed as soon as his eyes fell on the symbol on it.


"SEHUNNIE!"


Sehun answered with a bark and a wet on the other's face. Luhan stared at the other with his eyes bulging out of their sacks, but he wasn't sure what to feel; Sehun was there, they weren't separated far away, but he was in form a dog.


He opted to hug the other again tenderly and silently cried on his neck.


"We'll go home soon and change you back to normal, Sehunnie. Don't worry, you'll be okay. It's your birthday anyways, nothing will get worse."


Sehun whimpered and the tears away from Luhan's cheek while his own big round eyes were also watery.


'Yes, we'll definitely be okay, Lu.'


They stared out of the window; it was not bright anymore, they were already out in space. Luhan turned around on his seat to see through the window on the back; there was their own planet, a small planet in a beautiful mixture of pretty turqoise and swirling white from the clouds in the atmosphere; getting smaller in his sight as if it was saying goodbye silently to the departing spaceship.


"It's wonderful, isn't it?"


The other boys were also staring out of the window in awe. They were scared and amazed at the same time, but unlike Luhan, they had no one sitting next to them so they kept all their words to themselves. Except for Kai and Kyungsoo, who were unexpectedly seated in the same ship. That made two of the bean ships empty.


"Jonginnie, what do we do now?" Kyungsoo sniffed and wiped his nose with Kai's handkerchief.


Kai turned his gaze from the window to the petite boy sitting next to him, still hadn't wiped away the amazement from his face. He wrapped his arms around the smaller body and pecked his head.


"I'm not really sure, Soo. But I'm here, we have each other, so there's nothing to worry about. I'm calm now because you're here too. You got that?"


The bronzed-skinned prince cupped the other's squishy cheeks in his hands and pressed them a little bit with his palms, making Kyungsoo's lips turn into duck lips. The smaller boy chuckled and pushed the other's hands away, looked away and patted his own warm reddening cheeks with both hands in a cute manner that made Kai laugh at his shyness.


"Okay, got that."


Kai pulled Kyungsoo closer and put the latter's head on his shoulder, just to be used as support for his own head. They intertwined their fingers and watched the scene outside the window in comfortable silence.


After a short while, came a faint sound from the speakers on the cockpits in every ships. It suddenly got really loud, making them all jumped in their seats in surprise.


"Sorry," a voice said apologetically through the speakers. "It's me, Baekhyun. I forgot to tell you that we can communicate with each other. Push the green button on the left corner of your cockpit to turn on the microphone and the red one to turn it off. The microphones are close to your heads, by the way, don't bother finding them because they're planted inside the walls of your ships."


And then everyone talked in unison.


"Yah! Why are we out here? Explain this to us, Bacon!"


"Where are we going? Can we go home?"


"I'm hungry, do you keep some snacks in here too?"


"Is everyone here on this ship? Twelve of us?"


"Guys, Sehunnie is a dog now."



Everyone shut their mouths after they had heard the last sentence coming out of the speakers. It was Luhan's voice.


Chanyeol was the first to ask, 'Did Luhan hyung hurt his head?'


"Yah, I'm serious! Baek's machine must have changed him by accident."



Sehun barked as the proof, making the others shiver imagining his new form.


"How does he look like? Is he cute?" Tao asked, "Is he okay?"


"Yeah." Everyone could hear the smile clearly in Luhan's voice. "He's big, his ears are erect. He's flawless white like snow and fluffy too."


There was a long pause when everyone tried to imagine the figure that Luhan had described, but then the deer said again, "Where are we going again?"


"To Earth. This ship moves on autopilot. Please buckle up if you haven't,"
said Captain Chen.


Right after he had said that, the ship made a sharp move downwards to avoid some asteroids, causing all the boys to scream in surprise. Sehun the dog lost his balance and bumped the wall, but Luhan immediately caught him and fastened the seatbelt for him.


"You okay, baby?" Luhan asked worriedly and patted the dog's head. Sehun his paw and used it to rub his head, and then gave the deer a happy face. Luhan smiled in relief and circled his arm around the other's body.


The rest of their trip didn't go too smoothly; more space junks came into view and the boys felt as if they were watching a 3D movie, but the difference was that everything they saw in front of them was real. Although the ship had air conditioner they were still drenched in cold sweat, their hearts thumping madly and their hands clutching the seats for dear life.


"Let me out of here," someone said through the speakers. They guessed it was their baby panda, judging from how he was sobbing and shrieking.


Kris' voice replied calmly, "You'll definitely die if you go out now, Taozi."


"I don't want to die!"


"Sshhhh!!"



The panda boy shut up and pouted hard after everyone had shushed him. He lowered his shrieks into muffled whimpers like Sehun's. But to everyone's relief, the empty space finally came into sight and the ship's movement became stable again. Correction, it was not exactly an empty space, because then what they saw before their eyes was a huge blue-and-green planet, waiting patiently for them to come and land on it.


"IT'S EARTH!" Chen shouted and laughed loudly in joy and victory. "I told you we could go there, Baekhyun-ah!"


The others asked in unison, "Earth?"


Suddenly the twelve bean-like ships shook a little bit and the boys felt as if their ships had become lighter.


"Uh-oh, I haven't set the landing part."


Chen's mumble made the others widen their eyes and quickly snap their heads towards the window in alarm. They could see each other's ships floating in the empty space independently; they were not connected to the main body anymore.


And then the twelve beans rocketed towards the Earth.


"AAAAAHHHHH!"


"Control your ships, control your ships! Pull the yoke!" Baekhyun shouted through the speakers.


Everyone followed the instruction and pulled the steering wheels on the cockpits; but because their experinces of controlling something like that were only from video games, they made their ships scatter instead of sticking together. They slowed down a little bit but they were still not slow at all.


Luhan struggled hard to pull the controller a little bit more and lessen the speed, but it was like not functioning and they were still falling rapidly. He could see the land down there; he wasn't sure if he would survive. He glanced at the seat next to him and found it surprisingly empty, but then his eyes caught Sehun stumbling under the cockpit. Apparently the poor dog had slipped out of his seatbelt. The deer gulped and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath for awhile before letting go of the controller completely to pull Sehun up and hug him tight.


"We'll be safe, Sehunnie. Don't be scared."


And they finally crashed.


Twelve of them had fallen unconscious inside their ships, squished between the airbags that almost covered the whole small cabins, while the gas tanks planted inside the walls leaked and filled the ships with oxygen.


Or was it really oxygen?






EXO's finally on Earth, yeayy~ hahahah ^^ starting from the next chapter it will be about their new lives on Earth, no more creepy experiments xD I guess there will be more fluff? Especially for hunhan :D please look forward to the next update. Your comments will be appreciated :D thank you for reading and subscribing! ^^