Characters and Details

Come Back Home, Our Guardians!

This is the explanation of the characters, for you who haven't read the first story ^^


Suho was the king of EXO. His wife died after giving birth to his only son, Oh Sehun. He had a younger brother who looked like his twin - but much taller - named Jae Sun, with a quite big of thirteen years. As a young man he had been pretty careless and had gotten drunk once. In result he had impregnated a random lady in a bar and had gotten Kai from her. Boyfriends with Lay.


Kris was the second man of EXO. Before EXO-K and EXO-M had become united, he had been the famous stylish king of EXO-M. He had been divorced and his wife had left him because he had turned out to be a e. He had picked Tao, who was thirty one years young than him, as a lover but then they were in a more mature relationship.


Sehun was a prince, Suho's only son, and EXO's maknae. He had been known as a cold and reserved prince after finding out the truth about his mother's death in a not-so-good-to-remember way, and the person who had known him the best was only Kai. But after he had met the other EXO boys, especially Luhan, he was then the cute, caring and cheerful boy like he had been as a little kid. One thing he loved to do the most was stealing cookies from the castle's kitchen and eating them together with Luhan at midnights.


Luhan was also a prince, Kris' only son. His boyfriend was Sehun and his best friend was Xiumin. He had had hard times accepting the truth that his father had been a e and his mother had left them because of that. He had run away from M's castle once after eavesdropping Kris and Tao's y time and then crying alone in his room. He had passed out on the way but Kai and Kyungsoo had found him in the snow that one night. That time Luhan had been brought to K's castle and that had led him into a deeper relationship with Sehun. There had been the point when the EXO boys had gathered and had a serious talk to solve Luhan's problem with Tao, but then they had fixed their relationship and everything was fine again. One thing he loved to do the most was stealing cookies from the castle's kitchen and eating them together with Sehun at midnights.


Kai was Sehun's stepbrother, older by three months only. As a little Jongin, he had been Sehun's only friend. He had protected little Sehun once, and although Sehun had gotten hurt that time, Sehun's uncle had requested Jongin to live in the castle with Sehun. Jongin had changed his own name to "Kai" after declaring himself as Sehun's guard. Kai and Sehun had shared their first kiss once before they had found out that they were stepbrothers; with same father but different mothers. He had another stepbrother named Taemin; they had same mother but different fathers, but Taemin was adopted by the kings of the kingdom of SHINee so they had been separated for a long time.


Xiumin had been Luhan's best friend ever since they were babies. Luhan had never called him by his name and addressed him as "Baozi" instead. Xiumin and Luhan had also shared their first kiss. He had been saved by Chen in several events and had fallen for him. They had been pretty shy towards each other but they were boyfriends then.


Chen was Xiumin's boyfriend and Kyungsoo's cousin. Although he was really smart, he loved to fool around with Baekhyun and Chanyeol like some retards. His first encounter with Xiumin was during EXO-K's Food Festival, when Xiumin and Luhan had gotten drunk and Luhan had been kidnapped by a drunk guy. Chen had secretly fallen for Xiumin and had hidden his jealousy towards Luhan pretty well until he had finally taken the initiative to confess to Xiumin. He once had had a pet fawn named Lulu. Xiumin really liked Lulu, so Chen had given her to him.


Kyungsoo was Kai's boyfriend and Chen's cousin. He had been a shepherd boy before Kai had found him. That time Kai had saved him and his lamb from foxes and Kyungsoo had served him lunch in return. Later Kai had brought Kyungsoo to the castle to be the head chef's assistant. Kyungsoo had brought Bomi, his lamb, along with him to the castle.


Baekhyun had the darkest past amongst the twelve members of EXO, yet he was the most cheerful one. He had lived alone in a big mansion behind the woods for about five years until he had finally decided to go to the town and make his life better. He had bumped into Chanyeol at one night, when they both had been in their worst conditions. Baekhyun had an older brother named Byun Baekbeom who had been known as "the missing young professor", and later he had found out that his brother had died after planting the Tree of Life under his mansion. Baekhyun lived in the castle then, because the Tree of Life had caused a big earthquake that had destroyed his mansion.


Chanyeol was Baekhyun's boyfriend. As a little boy, he had been known as a naughty one. He had been there when little Sehun had been mocked by Jun, EXO's ex-enemy. Nevertheless, deep inside he had always felt bad whenever his friends had hurt other kids, and it had stayed like that until he grew up. Actually Kai had been one of the naughty boys too, but he had decided to stop being naughty after Sehun had "picked him from the street". Kai and Chanyeol's friendship hadn't been to good since then, but later Chanyeol had opted to leave Jun's group and be Sehun's friend instead. Sehun had also urged him to live in the castle. Sehun, Kai, and Chanyeol were then really close and often fooled around together.


Lay was a doctor and a young professor. He was Suho's boyfriend, younger by twenty two years, and everyone liked to call him "Doctor Unicorn". Lay came from EXO-M, but before EXO had become united, he had come to see Suho in K quite often because of his job as the king's personal doctor and research partner. The first time Sehun had found Lay in K's castle, the prince had thought that Suho and Lay had been lovers, like Tao and Kris. Suho had never asked for his sons' approval for his relationship with Lay and he had kept his urge to confess to Lay until the younger had urged a serious talk to make their relationship clear. Sehun had approved their relationship after Kai had convinced him that they should just accept it since they themselves had been in not-too-normal relationships with another boys too. Lay was a really nice kindhearted man and had that heart of an angel.


Tao was Kris' boyfriend. Luhan considered him as a younger brother and they often practiced wushu together. The other EXO boys often called him "Panda" because of his dark eyebags. He looked kind of scary but actually had a heart of a teenage girl and cried quite easily. He loved clinging on Sehun, he thought Sehun smelled like a baby. Tao's first encounter with Luhan was many years before, when Luhan had been the curious little prince who loved to wander around in the woods and play with the animals while singing like Disney princesses. That time Luhan had found a house with a drunk guy in it who had tied him up inside and had set the house on fire. Tao had heard Luhan's screams and had come to save him. Since then Tao had lived in M's castle to accompany the prince by Kris' request, and later had become Kris' boyfriend.


EXO was a group of twelve guardians; Suho, Sehun, Kai, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kris, Luhan, Xiumin, Lay, Chen, and Tao. Each one of them had their own partners to help each other in controlling their powers. They had been normal people, a small part of the society, but turned out to be the chosen ones. They inherited the ownerships of twelve powers from their ancestors, the previous twelve guardians. They had gotten their powers from twelve fruits of the Tree of Life that looked like black pearls. Besides the superpowers, EXO also had great physical strength that grew even greater every full moons. But they weren't anything like werewolves, because they could control themselves fully and they didn't change into scary wolves, although some parts of them still had to change, just as the sign that they should use less energy to do anything. The first time they had taken a bite on the fruits, they had turned wild like mad wolves and there had been some significant changes on their appearance, such as their pitch black hair and light blue eyes. But as they grew more mature, they saw no problems with controlling their overwhelming powers. Their eyes had also changed color again; they were grey then, and would turn into bright yellow-golden every full moons. Lay's father, the famous Professor Zhang, had said that it was just the sign that they had grown more mature inside, not the blue-eyed wolf pups anymore. Five years before EXO had used their powers to defend their beloved kingdom from the attacks of their enemies, who had been led by Jun; that naughty boy who had mocked Sehun and had hurt his man pride many years before. But then after everything was over, they used their powers to help their people doing their daily activities or just to play with the children. They had built a new castle at the borderland of EXO-M and EXO-K. It was made of the elements of their powers, mainly ice, and they spent most of their time there. EXO had longer lifespans than normal people; five years equaled to one year of their lifespans.


Jae Sun was Suho's younger brother and the royal advisor. He had taken over the position of Sehun's mother ever since the day Sehun was born, after the queen had died. As a little boy Sehun had somehow addressed him as "Mommy", because everyone had kept the fact about the queen's death away from the little prince and he hadn't had any idea what a "mommy" was, until Jun had told him the truth about his mother in a not-so-nice way and had made him cry by mocking him for not having a real mother and for being such a weak prince. Since that day Sehun had stopped calling Jae Sun "mommy" and called him "uncle" instead. Jae Sun had a wife called Lynn and a pretty little girl named Yoona.


Lynn was Jae Sun's wife, a sweet lady who came from the Water Village in EXO-K. She took care of EXO really well. She had been two months pregnant when the war had taken place five years before, but she had lost her first future-baby during the war because of falling from the castle's watchtower. Fortunately she had gotten pregnant again soon after. Yoona was actually her second child with Jae Sun.


Oh Yoona was a three-year-old girl who grew with lots of love from her big family. She was Sehun and Kai's cousin, but she considered all of EXO boys as her real brothers too. All of the boys really spoiled her but she didn't act like a cocky princess; she was also taught to be nice and polite to everyone.


Monggu had been Sehun's white horse, while Jjanggu had been Kai's brown one, but the Heart of the Tree of Life had given them a gift of the ability to transform into human boys. They had been sixteen years old when the first time they had turned into humans. Later they had discovered some new special abilities; they could transform into everything they wanted, especially animals; they could use animal abilities even without changing into a certain animal. During the chaos five years before they had helped EXO a lot by being their spies. Monggu's face resembled Sehun's, but his hair was silver and his eyes were a pretty shade of blue; while Jjanggu looked a little bit like a Kai with wavy brunette hair, bronzed skin and warm chocolate brown eyes, so they were said to be the princes' look-alikes. Jjanggu took a form of a tiny brown toy poodle most of the time because Kai would shower him with lots of affection if he stayed in that form. Monggu and Jjanggu had sacrificed themselves once to protect Sehun and Luhan, and their heroic act had helped bringing the big fight five years before to a halt. That time they had actually died in form of Kai and Jae Sun, but somehow EXO had made the Heart of the Tree of Life work once again for the two boys.


Lulu and Bomi were similar to Monggu and Jjanggu, but they were three years younger. Lulu, Xiumin's former pet fawn, still had that appearance that reminded people of a deer; long brownish red hair cascading down her back, big brown doe eyes, small lips and fair skin to match her hair. While Bomi, Kyungsoo's former pet lamb, had paler skin, light blue eyes and long loose curly blonde hair. Bomi had called Kai and Kyungsoo "Daddy" on her first days as a human and Lulu had followed her by addressing her owners, Xiumin and Chen, as her daddies too. But as time went by, they stopped calling them daddies because of the awkwardness and called them "oppa" instead. Lulu and Bomi could transform into anything too, but their specific powers were different with Monggu's and Jjanggu's. Lulu would call herself as an illusionist, since she could play with people's minds and visions, while Bomi was more like a fortune teller. With the ice crystal ball that Xiumin had given to her, she could tell the events taking place at the past, the present, and the future. During the big fight five years ago, they had helped pretty much by being spies and duplicating themselves to fight their opponents.


Jun had been the biggest enemy of EXO. His real name was Kim Jaejun, but as a kid he had been called "Giant Jun" by everyone. His mother had always wanted to have a son like Sehun and she had always compared Jun to Sehun; that was the main reason why Jun really hated Sehun. The other reason was that he was just meant to be the bad guy, since he was the descendant of the evil one who had fought the previous twelve guardians hundreds of years ago. He had used his friends as his main weapons during the big fight, but sadly they all had lost to EXO and died. Jun had been the only one who survived, since Sehun and Luhan opted to save him from his death. Actually after he had been saved by the princes, he had died because of swallowing a tiny piece of Sehun's pearl by instinct. But the Heart of the Tree of Life had given him another chance to live. After everything was over, Jun had confessed to EXO about his true feelings and had told them how his life had actually been like. Since he had never expected to be saved by Sehun and Luhan - especially Sehun, his biggest rival - but they had actually done it to him anyways, he had opted to start a new life and serve the princes as his gratitude for the chance of living once again. Then, he spent most of his time in the ice castle to play with the children. He especially loved Yoona a lot, he considered her as a real princess. Then his mother also treated him much better and had stopped comparing him to Sehun.


Jung Nara and Jung Taehyung came from a wizard's family. Their ancestor had helped the previous twelve guardians and the younger generations in their family had been secretly continuing to study about the guardians and their powers without spoiling any informations to anyone else for hundreds of years. Nara had been the blind girl whom Lay had healed on EXO's first showcase, when they had revealed their powers to EXO's people for the first time. On the showcase the siblings had promised to always be there whenever EXO needed their help and they had actually helped them during the big fight. Because Nara had been a real fortune teller longer than Bomi with much more experience and stronger vision, she could tell what had been going to happen and she had been the one who had predicted the death of someone on their side, who had turned out to be Monggu and Jjanggu. She had also helped by making some kind of poison to kill their enemies using the old secret formula of her family. It had helped a lot and put a better end to the big fight taking place in the kingdom. Until then, they still helped EXO know more about the whole guardians stuff.