Change

Sports Unlimited

Daehyun’s POV

Friday afternoon, I am currently at the location, which is some kind of a forest, where the camping is located. Yes I joined. I know I told my teammates in soccer that I’m not planning on joining. So why I am here, I don’t even know.

“Dae???” Someone, so familiar, called me. I turned to look at the person who called me.

“Youngjae, you’re here too?” I asked, pretending I don’t know he’s here.

“Of course… I’m a sophomore …all of us are expected to be here.” He replied.

“Oh! Is that so?” I just said for lacking of something to say.

“Well…I hope you enjoy the camp!” Jae said cheerfully before taking his leave.

“Wait!” I said while grabbing his right arm.

“Yes?”Jae asked in confusion.

“Jae! Come here, we need your help!” Someone suddenly called.

“Sorry Dae, talk to you later.” He apologizes before leaving.

“Wai-” I said but Jae already left.

 

“Captain! You’re here?” My teammates in soccer saw me as we are all gathered for the start of the camp. “What’s the sudden change of mind?” one of them added.

“Curiosity” I simply answered.

I saw Youngjae at the front talking to a guy. They seem closed.

“Aww… is your baby Jae talking to some other guy?” Another one teased. Noticing at I’m looking at Jae’s direction.

“Shut up” I retorted.

“I don’t think they’re just friends.” He teased once again.

“Who cares?” I said. I care.

They stopped teasing me when the sophomore students started to separate the participants based on their year level, after they finished segregating us, Jae and that guy walks in front of my year level.     

“Hi! I’m Youngjae! You can call me Jae” Jae greeted to us.

“And I’m Jaebum.” The other guy said. Who cares about your name? “Jae and I are the one assigned to facilitate the juniors, so please take of us.” He added, while placing his left hand on Youngjae’s right shoulder. Get off!

The two of them started explaining to us the rules of the camp. It’s getting night already, so after explaining and getting to know each other, they decided to call it a day.

 

Jae is currently checking the attendance, if ever there’s someone who sneaks around when I grab his arms and brought him at the dark area of a large three.

“Dae?” Jae asked after realizing it was me. “You scared me!” He said in a raised tone, before I shush him. “what do you want?” he said in a whispered tone.

“Are you mad at me?” I blurted, still keeping our voice low.

“What?” Jae asked

“Look … If you’re mad at me, I would rather you tell me.” I said desperately.

“Wha-”

“Stop playing fool!” I cut him off.

“Dae I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jae said.

“Fine!” I give up. “You win! …The interview … I’ll do it.” I suddenly said without thinking.

“Really???” Jae shouted. He suddenly places his hands on my cheeks. “Did you mean it??? Wait! Did that magic work?”

“I don’t know… maybe” I replied.

“What’s the sudden change of mind Dae?” Jae asked curiously. “Did my absence change your mind?” Jae playfully teased for my lack of response. If you only knew.

“I guess so” I said before wrapping my arms around his waist to pull him closer.

“Ahm-”

“I’ll do it” I cut him off.

“Dae... I-”

 “On one condition” I cut him off once again.

“W-Wh-What co-condition?” Jae asked in stuttering words transferring his hands from my cheeks to my shoulders. I suddenly unwrapped my arms on his waist before quickly placing my hands on his cheeks. I leaned closer, planting my lips on his. Finally doing the thing I’ve been denying that I want to do. 

I can’t pretend anymore… I should have done this earlier.