Never Give Up

Sports Unlimited

Youngjae’s POV

This is too much… How can Jung Daehyun be that guy? … Ohhhh my unfortunate life!

“Youngjae-hyung! Hyung!” Someone interrupted my sulking moment.

“Oh~ Zelo … what do you want?” I responded emotionless.

“Are you going to give up your dream now? Do you now understand what I meant by impossible?” Zelo teased.

“Please Zelo … I’m not in the mood of your teasing … and my answer is NO … I’m not giving up … there’s no such thing as impossible!” I retorted.

 

Daehyun’s POV

Today’s practice just ended. What a very tiring but fun day. After packing and taking my shower, I went directly out of the gym hoping to get home early, but a familiar figure greeted me immediately.

“Hi!” The guy greeted.

“Oh! Fancy seeing you here missy!” I greeted back.

“It’s Youngjae … Yoo Youngjae!” He corrected.

“Young~ Jae~” I called his name in a sing-song manner. “What do you want?” I asked.

“Well … you see … I’m from Razzle-Dazz--” Youngjae was about to say something but I cut him off knowing what he actually wants.

“Cut it!” I snapped him. “If that’s about the interview again … I already said NO … so please get lost.” I added.

“B-But--”

“No! And that’s final!” I said before taking my leave.

“Daehyun please! If you just listen” Youngjae pleaded while running after me, even putting his hands together as he pleaded.

“Look Missy … I mean Youngjae … Whatever you gonna say is futile … My answer will be just the same, so please give up already.” I replied.

After I said those words, Youngjae stopped following me which gave me a relief.

 

Youngjae’s POV

I need to find a way to make him say yes! I can’t give up with this!

 

No One’s POV

The following day, Youngjae is sitting at one of the benches near the soccer field, waiting for the soccer team to finish with their practice; he’s waiting for Daehyun to be exact. While packing his things after the practice, Daehyun spotted Youngjae, and so he noted to his mind that he should not walk to that direction. When Youngjae noticed that Daehyun is walking to the opposite direction, he immediately stood up and ran after Daehyun.

“Daehyun! Daehyun wait! I’m here!” Youngjae shouted.

“Youngjae please! What’s in the word NO, that you don’t understand?” Daehyun said after facing Youngjae. 

“I do understand … It’s just that … you can’t really expect me to give up that easily, can you?” Youngjae explained.

“I was actually hoping.” Daehyun retorted. “Look ... as much as I like seeing you pleading in front” Showing his playful smirk “… I really don’t want to be interviewed, so please just give it up already.” Daehyun added before leaving Youngjae dumbfounded.

“Wh-What--” Youngjae can’t believe what he just heard. That jerk, he likes seeing me pleading in front of him??!! Aarrggghhh… I can’t believe him! NO! no matter what you say, I’m still not giving up on you Daehyun!

 

The next day at the gym, Youngjae brought his camera with him so that he can take some pictures of Daehyun during his practice. Daehyun is annoyed already with the flashes, so he decided to get Youngjae’s camera and raise it so that Youngjae can’t able to reach it.

“Hey! That’s mine!” Youngjae shouted while jumping, trying to get his camera back.

“I’m giving it back to you if you promise to stop taking pictures and get out of here immediately.” Daehyun said while raising the camera higher.

“Damn it… And why would I listen to you? You don’t even listen to me?!” Youngjae argued.

“Is that so?” Daehyun retorted, he leaned closer to Jae, so that his lips will be near Youngjae’s right ear. “Don’t forget I’m the one in control here Youngie~” he whispered.

“Please get a room!” One of Daehyun’s teammate shouted.

Daehyun just smiled at him before facing back to Jae. “So JaeJae, come on, decide now” he said teasingly.

“Fine! Give me back my camera already!” Youngjae shouted.

“Here” Daehyun handed Youngjae’s camera, while smirking playfully. “Go home safely~”

Youngjae rolled his eyes and decided to just take his leave for now.

“I’m still not giving up Daehyun… you’ll see” Youngjae said to himself as he stop at the gym’s entrance. “I’m not weaker like you think I am” he added.

“Youngjae-hyung?” A familiar voice called Youngjae from behind.

“Ohh~ Jonguppie~ It’s you” Youngjae replied nonchalantly.

“Hyung~ please don’t be mad at Daehyun-hyung … he was actually nice … it’s just that, he really doesn’t like being interviewed, that’s all” Jongup explained.

“Why???” Youngjae asked confusedly.

“Hmmm… Because he entered basketball team and soccer team cause he wants to play, not to get popular… I hope you understand.” Jongup answered.

“Oh! I see~” Youngjae replied, now finally understanding.

 

Daehyun’s POV

“Daehyun… who’s that? Another fan?” one of my teammate asks.

“Nope … someone spe— I mean… someone from the school paper annoying club” I answered, quiet confused of what I almost answered. What’s happening to me?