My Passion

Sports Unlimited

Youngjae’s POV

Hi I’m Yoo Youngjae, a sophomore student of TS High. Since I was freshmen I’ve been dreaming to be part of the school’s famous school paper club “The Razzle-Dazzle”. Which is why I am here right now, in front of our school paper club’s office, bringing my bio-data and resume with me, I am hoping to be accepted and be part of the next issue that will be release. Wish me Luck!

“Hi Youngjae-hyung!” It’s Zelo, my little brother, a freshman.

“Hi! What are you doing here? Don’t you have a class?” I asked.

“Nope! Our math teacher is sick, and so he only gave us chapters to be studied.” Zelo answered nonchalantly. “How about you? Don’t you have a class?” he added.

“I’ll go after I submit this.” I explained, showing him the papers on my right hand. “My first classroom is not that far from here anyway, so I know I could make it in time”

 “And I know you won’t make it, if you’re still gonna stand there for another minute.” He said, while checking the time through his watch. “See?” he added, while showing me his watch.

“Oh no! I better get in, and then go to my classroom right away. Bye!” I said while waving to my brother.

I knocked the door three times before I let myself in. The office smells like papers, I love it!

“Ahemm.. Hi! I’m Yoo Youngjae, I would like to submit my bio-date and resume.” I said to person whose table is nearest at the door.

“Ohh! A cute applicant for a change.” She said smiling at me. “Hi! I’m Han Sunhwa a senior and the associate editor of The Razzle-Dazzle” she said while extending her hand to me which I accepted it immediately.

“I’m Yoo Youngjae” I introduce myself again. “… a sophomore.” I added.

“You know what? It is very rare to us to have a cute applicant when it comes to a male. You see, mostly who is interested in this field will be … you know…”

“A nerd?” I cut her off, knowing what she was actually implying.

“Not just nerd.. well.. You’ll just understand when you met our editor in chief. But for now, I’ll take care of your application paper, and we’ll just notify you through a text for an interview if we consider you. Ok?” She said.

“Ok … thank you so much for you time sunbae” I said while bowing my head. “I’ll better get going or I won’t make it in time in my class.” I added while smiling at her.

“Ok… Bye!” She said cheerfully.

No One’s POV

On the next day at Lunch time, while eating with his brother, Youngjae received the text he has been waiting for.

“YES!!! I made it Zelo … I made it!” Youngjae shouted he even stood up from his chair just to emphasize how happy he was because of the message.

“Made what?” Zelo asked, confused by his brother’s sudden outburst.

“You know… pass the screening… I am asked to meet them this afternoon after class for an interview.” Youngjae answered cheerfully.

“Umm.. Congrats?! …Well just so you know… Don’t keep your hope too high, ok?” Zelo replied worriedly.

“Hey! Do you have no faith in me? I’m your brother!” Youngjae retorted.

“I do… trust me… It’s just that…” Zelo started “… never mind… Good luck!”

“Thanks! I can’t wait until the class is over” Youngjae said while looking at the message again, can’t believe that his dreams will soon come true.

After taking his Lunch, Youngjae walks directly to his next class. While walking, Youngjae was also busy scanning his phone, to look for any reminders on his calendar when he suddenly bumps to some random student.

 “Sorry!” Youngjae apologize while bowing his head.

“Yah! Watch where you’re going!” the other person said.

“Sorry! I’m really sorry” Youngjae repeatedly bowing his heads as a sign of his sincere apology without looking at the person he just bumped into.

“Geezzz.. Girls these days, busy texting with their boyfriends.” The guy complained

“Excuse Me?!” Youngjae was confused, snapping his head from hearing the word ‘GIRLS’. “What did you just say?! I already apologize to you, if you can’t accept it, then I take it back … and did you just mistaken me as a girl? Are you blind? I’m ing healthy boy!!! Stupid!!!” Youngjae argued.

“Ohhh?!!! You’re a boy?!! It’s hard to recognized though..” Daehyun explained.

“What ---” Youngjae was about to say something when someone from a far called a name familiar to everyone.

“Daehyun! Yah! Daehyun!” The person, Youngjae just bumped into; turn his head to that source of voice.

“What?!” The person, Youngjae just bumped into answered.

“Practice starts at five, ok?” The student who called informed.

“Yeah~ Yeah~ I know…” Daehyun answered nonchalantly.

“You better know … Bye!” The student said playfully while waving at Daehyun.

“Yah! Who do you think you’re talking to? I’m your Captain, you brat!” Daehyun shouted at the figure leaving. “Look Missy” Daehyun brought back his attention to Youngjae “… I mean little boy” Daehyun corrected while looking at Youngjae from head to toe. “It is absolutely not  my fault for mistaken you as a girl … I mean look at you … you can’t blame me … anyway, I need to go now or I’ll be late for my next class which I’m very poor with … so will you please back off, shut up … thank you … bye!” Daehyun said waving at Youngjae while smirking sarcastically.

“W-wha—Yah! You!  …. Arghhh … Whatever!!!” Youngjae ruffled his hair; he decided to give up and just went to his next class. This unfortunate event won’t change the fact that my application was accepted, that guy can’t change this day, cause this day is my day. Youngjae said in his mind.