Final Draft

Sports Unlimited

No One’s POV

The 3 days school festival went smoothly. Daehyun and Youngjae spend the 3rd day wandering around the school. The last destination they went in was their very own café of course.

“Good afternoon Ma’am, Sir!” Zelo greeted as soon as they went in.

“Hello Zelo! Sorry for skipping today’s work.” Jae greeted.

“It’s Ok hyung… It yours and Daehyun’s time now..” He replied.

“I’ll order for you, while you find us seats.” Dae instructed. “What do you want?” he asked.

“The usual Dae.” Jae answered, before they separated.

 

“Is there something wrong Jae?” Daehyun asked the moment he took a seat across Youngjae. He noticed that Youngjae’s has been fidgeting since this morning.

“About the interview-”

“Oh! You want to continue it now?” Dae cut Jae off. Jae immediately shook his head.

“I’m actually done with it…. And I’m planning on submitting the papers tomorrow…” Jae started, Dae just nodded in response. “… But before I do that… I think it will be better if I let you read it first… Cause there might be words that you want to be omitted. So…”

“Ok… When do you want me to read it?” Dae asked.

“Now~” Jae mumbled as handed a piece of paper.

“Ohh~ Ok!” Dae smiled in understanding.

 

“Sports Unlimited” Dae read it out loud, which earned him a hit on the head.

“Not too loud!” Jae scolded, too embarrassed.

“Sorry~” Dae mumbled. He then decided to read it through his mind.

 

Sports Unlimited

Jung Daehyun, a junior of TS high, is one of our school’s best varsity players in today’s era. He’s very well known for playing both soccer and basketball. That’s why, I’m very thankful for giving me the privileged to interview such a popular person. But didn’t you know how difficult it cost me to gain his approval?

The first response Daehyun told me when I first approach him about the interview is ‘Cut it’, he didn’t even let me finish say our club’s name. He told me to get lost, and whatever I’m going to say is futile and suggested that I should instead give up.

But what I’ve learned these few weeks of following this Mr. Sportsman, to get his approval, was that he somewhat a kind of guy who plays because he loves it, not to gain popularity. And with that he gained from me my respect.

Why did he join basketball and soccer?

‘I like playing them’ that’s what he said. But the more I got to know him, I found out that, aside from liking those sports, Dae was also got influenced by his late father, who’s also known in playing the same sports.

He playfully told me that aside from the said sports, Dae’s other hobby was sleeping and eating. He even shared to me that for him, a hobby is something you regularly do or wanted to do for relaxation.

 His father, His coach, His trainer and His first opponent.

Didn’t you know that the 4 description mention above was only one person?

Dae’s father was the first person who able to introduce soccer and basketball to Daehyun. He taught Daehyun the basic in those said sports. After teaching it to Dae, he’s also the first opponent Dae play the sports with.

 Jung Dae Hyun …

  • Born in June 28, Busan
  • Currently living in Seocho-gu
  • 17 years old
  • Captain of both basketball and soccer
  • Math’s the weakest, PE is the strongest

 

“I think this is Ok..” Daehyun commented. “But why didn’t you mention stuffs about us?” Dae asked confusedly.

“Because it’s obviously impossible..” Jae stated. “You can’t just expect me, as the writer and interviewer, to selfishly write something about myself… which was meant to be yours” he explained.

“You just don’t get it, do you?” Dae replied amusedly. “Talking about me actually means talking about you, Jae.” He explained.

“But still… as a writer… I think people will be more interested about you… not me..” Jae retorted.

“Interviewing me helps other people to know more about me right?” Dae asked. “But how can they get to know me more if you won’t let them know a fact about me that you knew so well.” He argued.”I guess, that’s what makes you a selfish writer instead… trying to keep the fact by himself… how selfish.” Dae teased as he showed me his playful smirk.

“Fine! I’ll input it… but in one condition..” Jae gave up.

“What condition?” Dae asked raising his brow.

“I will not mention my name here…. Got that?” Jae informed.

“I guess… It will be ok.” Dae nodded. Jae then took the paper and inputted the missing information. He handed it back to Daehyun for a review.

 

(Additional information inserted after His father, His coach, His trainer and His first opponent but before Jung Dae Hyun)

Special Someone

Didn’t you know that, as a proof that Daehyun is still a human, he also has this special someone, like normal people has?

He’s feelings for this lucky person is so strong, and I think the latter feels the same too. Why did I conclude that Dae’s feelings are strong? Because of the two incidents happened during our interviews: First, when we once talk about his hobby, he mentioned that aside from the sports, sleeping and eating, Dae also considered this lucky person as his hobby, because of his own understanding of hobby, which is something you regularly do or wanted to do for relaxation. That person was his source of relaxation, according to him. Second was we talked about his late father, he mentioned that his father did able to tell him that sooner or later Dae will be able to find someone who can change of his priorities. He didn’t believe it at first and putted in mind that he will be forever choosing soccer and basketball over anything else, but when he met this person he finally understand what his father said.

Who’s that special someone? I’ll put the rest to your observation.

 

“Great! That’s more I like it.” Dae complimented.

“Then I’ll pass it tomorrow!” Jae cheerfully announced.