First Draft

Sports Unlimited

Daehyun’s POV

I woke up on a bed with a beautiful sunshine beside me. I smiled as I watched Jae sleeping and then decided to kiss his forehead before I shifted a bit so that I can lie on my back and put Jae’s head on my chest, then I watch the ceiling to kill some time.

I ended up a sleep over at Youngjae’s place because Jae refused to let me go home last night saying it’s already too scary outside. I followed his suggestion, and decided to text my mom that I’ll be staying over at Jae’s before we went to sleep.

“Hmm..” I heard Jae groan as he shifted from his sleep.

“Morning Sunshine~” I greeted as he move his head to look at me.

“Mornin~” he mumbled back. He raises his head to look at the clock on the side table. “6 o’clock~” he mumbled before plopping his head back on my chest. “Hmmm.. I need to cook.” He mumbled once again before he stood up.

“But it’s still too early.” I whined.

“I know… but Zelo needs to go to school earlier than us.” Jae explained before he opened the door and left.

 After a few minutes of daydreaming I decided to get up as well and scanned Jae’s room. I was busy browsing Jae’s desk when I saw a piece of paper.

“Sports… Unlimited” I mumbled as I read the words scribbled on the paper. “The first response Daehyun told me when I first approach him about the interview is ‘Cut it’, he didn’t even let me finish say our club’s name. He told me to get lost, and whatever I’m going to say is futile and suggested that I should instead give up.” I smiled as I read the first paragraph, because while I’m reading it, I can’t help but remember all the things that Jae and I had been through. “What I’ve learned these few weeks of following this Mr. Sportsman, to get his approval, was that he somewhat a kind of guy who plays because he loves it, not to gain popularity.” You really think of me like that? I was about to continue reading it when someone decided to snatched it away.

“Did you?” Jae asked as I turn to look at him.

“A little…” I answered truthfully.

“This is just the first draft Dae..” Jae complained. “There are still a lot of error that must be corrected.” He said as he blush.

“I still think it’s great..” I convince him.

“You do?” he asked, I nodded. “How can you say it … when you just actually read a little?” he asked curiously.

“Ahmm… because… well… you can tell that an article is interesting based on … reading its first paragraph, right?” I asked unsure.

“Yeah~ I think you’re right… But you really do think my first draft is good?” Jae asked.

“Definitely!” I assured.

“Ohh! By the way, the food is done… come downstairs… let’s eat?” Jae invited as he pulled out of his room to their kitchen.

“Daehyun-hyung?” Zelo asked as Jae and I entered the kitchen. “You’re here?” he added. Shocked is written all over his face. “What brought you here early in the morning?”

“What are you talking about? He’s been here since last night” Jae answered.

“What?” Zelo shouted. “How?” he inquired.

“I came later that night to apologize for Jae since I can’t let pass the night knowing Jae is upset.” I explained.

“And I make him stay because it’s too dangerous outside for him to go home by himself.” Jae added.

“Ahmmm… You two didn’t...” Zelo said bashfully.

“Didn’t what?” Jae asked innocently. I think I already had an idea what Zelo has been talking.

“You know… lovers in one room… in one bed.” Zelo explained. “Well..”

“The heck Zelo… of course not!” Jae shouted, when he finally figured out what he has been talking about.

“We didn’t do it Zelo.” I said calmly. “I-I can’t take advantage of the situation… I love Jae so much to do that.” I added.

“Ohh~” Zelo nodded. The atmosphere feels awkward.

“Where’s your mom?” I asked after I cleared my throat to change the topic.

“She went to a business trip at Jeju” Jae answered. I didn’t talk about his dad because I already know that Jae and Zelo’s dad passed away last year because of a cancer. Same as Jae’s, my father also died but because of a car accident when I was still in 11 years old, but my mom has a boyfriend now, and I let her because it’s already been 6 years so I think it’s time for her to feel love and happiness once again.

“Are you planning on going home before you go to school?” Jae asked.

“Yeah..” I answered. “I still need to change to my school uniform.” I explained.

“You can always borrow mine.” Jae suggested.

“And the underwear?..” Zelo asked as a matter of fact.

“You’re right.” Jae agreed immediately. Blush is shown on his cheeks.

“I can drive you to school Zelo before I go home…” I suggested. “.. And you beautiful… you can wait for me here, cause I’ll pick you up.” I added sweetly.

“Please… not this early morning~” Zelo whined. While Jae give Zelo a quick glare.

“You don’t have to Daehyun… I can always ride the bus.” Jae refused.

“But I want to pick you up~” I whined childishly.

“F-fine!” Youngjae give up. YEY!

“By the way hyung… What happened to you yesterday anyway?” Zelo asked to Jae.

“Let’s not talk about it please..” Jae said embarrassingly.