chapter 2

N.I.C.U (Now I See U)

“Aegi-ah, I’ve spoken with your mother. He loves you. He wants to meet you badly. Be healthy, nae? So that both of you can live happily with your mother,” Dujun speak with the twins. They were both place in the same incubator since they’re identical twins. All the staff in NICU tried their best to match the condition of incubator as in the mother womb.

“Doc, how’s the mother of the twin?” the nurse asked.

“Oh? You mean Junhyung? He’s fine. He really have a hard time. I don’t know the reason but he carried this twins not by his own will,” Dujun replied.

“Ohh… So, he didn’t want them?”

“I don’t think so. He actually asked me about them. He want to meet them but I said when he was mentally stable, then he can meet his sons,” Dujun said.

“Okay. By the way, what should we call them? They should have names, right?” she smiled.

“Let me ask Junhyung first,” Dujun said. Every time he talked about Junhyung, his heart goes dugeun dugeun. The twins also becomes very calm whenever he talked to them. Seems like they are related somewhere…

 

*****

 

“Hi Junhyung! How are you feeling?” Dujun asked. He personally asked the management and his boss so that he can be in charge on Junhyung too, besides the twins.

“Hi Dujun! I’m much more better than yesterday,” Junhyung replied, cheerfully. Dujun smiled.

“Good. Have you eaten the meds?”

“Ai, ai captain!” Junhyung made a salute pose. Dujun burst into laughter.

“You’re funny, Junnie. Good to see you smile again,” Dujun said. Junhyung only smiled.

“Let the bygone be bygone and I have to live my life, right?” Junhyung said. Dujun nodded.

“Junnie, can you lay down? I want to check the wound. Just want to make sure they’re healing fast,” Dujun asked. Junhyung obeyed. Dujun’s carefully inspect the wound.

“You’re healing quite fast, Junnie. About the scar, you don’t have to worry. We’ll give you meds to smoothen the scar,” Dujun said. Junhyung nodded.

“How’s the babies, Dujun?” he asked.

“They’re doing fine. They already pass critical stage. Now we’re focusing on gaining their weight and stimulates their sense. But still they need machine to help their breathing,” Dujun explained. He can sensed Junhyung expression changed.

“Don’t worry. It’s not your fault. They’re fighting to meet you,” Dujun embrace Junhyung. Junhyung finally burst into tears.

“I feel bad for them. I’ve been a bad umma for them,” Junhyung said.

“Ani~~ You have done more than enough. At least you let them to fully develop as a human,” Dujun said while wiping the tears.

“But still, I feel guilty,” Junhyung muttered.

“It’s okay. Everything that happened has its own reason. We have to accept the fate and don’t repeat it in the future,” Dujun said again. Junhyung nodded. Junhyung still in Dujun embraces until he finally calm down.

“Thanks,” he said.

“No problem. If you need someone, remember that I’ll always be by your side,” Dujun reassured Junhyung. “I’ll go first,” Dujun said but Junhyung grab his wrist.

“Chakkanman…,”

“Why?”

“Can I see my babies?” Junhyung asked. Dujun smiled and nodded.

 

******

 

Junhyung walked nervously into NICU. When he saw the babies with all sort of machines and wires on their tiny body, Junhyung burst into tears. Understanding Junhyung need some space with the babies, Dujun and the staff who are in charge of the twins, left the mother and babies.

“Mianhae~~ Mianhae aegi-ah…. I’m such a bad mother,” Junhyung muttered. He touched the tiny fingers.

“I promise, we’ll live together after this… Just be strong and be healthy. Umma always be with you,” he said again. Junhyung wiped his tears when someone tap his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” asked Dujun in concerned tone.

“Eung~~ I’m okay. Just little emotional when I remember that I tried to kill those innocent lives,” Junhyung said. Dujun the latter hairs.

“Stop think negative. They’re gift for you,” Dujun said. Junhyung nodded.

“So, have you think the names for the boys?” Dujun asked.

“Names??” Junhyung looks at Dujun. Dujun gives a firm nods.

“Not yet,” he said slowly.

“Want me to help you finding the names for them?” Dujun offered.

“If you don’t mind,” Junhyung said and smiled. Dujun smiled and took out his phone to search some name on the net.

“How about In Ho and In Su?” Dujun suggested.

“Sounds nice,” Junhyung said. He take a look at the meaning of the names. “I’ll go with these names,” Junhyung said.

“Are you sure? Don’t want any other names?” Dujun asked. Junhyung gave a firm nods.

“Okay then. Annyeong In Ho-ah, In Su-ah~~~” Dujun said. Babies respond to the names by holding Dujun’s finger tightly.

“Whoaa~~ They seems to like the name, Junnie-ah,” Dujun said. Junhyung was mesmerized.

“They can respond to us?” Junhyung asked.

“Yup… That’s why I always talked to them. They understand we said. It just they cannot replied,” Dujun said. “So, which one is In Ho and In Su?” he added. He took out the babies from the incubator and give one to Junhyung.

“Who is the eldest?” said Junhyung.

“The one you’re holding right now. He’s hyung,” Dujun said.

“Then he is In Ho. In Ho-ah, umma is here,” Junhyung said.

“And you’re In Su,” Dujun said and cooed the baby in his arms. Junhyung looks at how gentle Dujun handling the babies. His heart was beating weirdly…

 

===================================================================================================================

24th May 2014, 0120