Challenge

The Sisters' crown

CHAPTER 6 

AMBER’S POV

I really don’t understand what Krystal wants, I am trying my best to befriend her but she’s always keeping the distance especially when Suzy is around. Suzy has been my friend since elementary and she knew everything about me that sometimes stirs up the rumors that we are dating. 

“BerBer” I heard Kris’ voice while I was thinking deeply on the bench near the school garden. This has been my favorite place ever since because of its quiet and peaceful atmosphere.

“Hey, what’s up?” I greeted him while he took the seat beside me.

“You’re in a trouble buddy? I saw you with Krystal earlier.” 

“Our parents made us live with each other” I gave out a deep sigh and covered my face with my hands.

“Woah! Really? That’s one big step Ber, so how do things go so far?”

“She doesn’t want to be friends with me.” 

“Why?” He brought out a can of soda and sandwich from his jacket and got busy eating. 

“She asked me about Suzy and my relationship with her and then she said that if she’s her, she’ll not let herself get attached to me.” I was watching him take mouthful of his sandwich.

He was saying something but I couldn’t understand a single word because of his mouth full of food with some even falling from it. I shook my head and buried my face back into my palms, I want to befriend Krystal though I do not know the exact reason why but I really felt like it. 

“Are you even listening to me?” Kris said, his voice is much clearer now but still he continues to chew on his sandwich. 

“How can I?” 

“I said that you should stop being a pimp and stick to Krystal maybe that’s what she wants.” 

“Pimp?” I glared at him while he smiled playfully.

“Yeah, you jump from one girl to another. Remember our class party? Once I saw you hanging out with Min and then just a few minutes you’re with Ailee and others.” 

“Wait, what’s wrong with having many friends?” 

“That’s the point, you are so close to them that many suspects something is going on with all the girls you’re hanging out with.”

I thought of what he said. Yeah, I really do have many girl-friends that I usually hangout with. I have also heard the rumors spreading throughout the campus between me, Suzy,Ailee,Min and some other close friends that I have. Maybe Krystal was so much aware of it and she thinks of me as a player or flirt…Damn I never realized that before. 

“Okay.” I stood up and fixed my shirt and collar. I’ll do this for Krystal, I’ll definitely make an effort.

“Okay What?” 

“I’ll go get Krystal.”

I left Kris waving at me while finishing his last bite. Oh that guy, he’s really into food and sleep. I went straight to our room hoping that she’s already there, it’s still 30 minutes before our next class so she’s still possibly in the Music room. When I opened the door I saw her standing by the windows, she was alone for the other students are still outside. 

“Hey” I spoke that surprised her as she looked back at me. 

“What are you doing here?” She asked me in her monotonous, cold tone.

“Checking out where my friend is?” I said while roaming my eyes around the place.

“Oh, Suzy? She just came here, looking for you.” She said and rolled her eyes off me.

“Not Suzy, I’m checking out for my friend who’s always cold to me.” Approaching her, I leaned on the wall and looked at her. 

“I don’t know who is who among your numerous friends.”

“I thought you were at the music room, I’m surprised you’re here. I was looking for you and not Suzy or others.” She looked back at me with wide eyes.

“Why?”

“Nothing. I just want to ask you if you could walk with me later?”

“Later? After class?”

“Yes, I’ll tell the driver not to fetch us here and maybe we could walk or ride my bike?” She stared me. Frankly, I am nervous and I don’t know if she would reject me again for the nth time.

"I'll think about it." she finally spoke and went back to her seat. 

KRYSTAL'POV

She asked me out... I don't know what she's trying to do but it somehow made me happy but then again, I will never fall for her charm. I went to my seat to divert my attention and and not to indulge myself into what I suddenly felt. Amber followed me and sat beside me, she was just staring at me that made me conscious.

"Don't you have anything to do?" I asked her without looking. I don't want to see her face upclose it makes my face turn red.

"Nothing, you want ice cream?" When I looked at her, her head is resting on his palm and was smiling at me. this is bad, I feel like my face was already heating up. I really hate this dork.

"No, Just mind your own business" I returned my eyes back to the book when I heard that familiar voice from the door.

"Oh Amber you're here, I was looking for you" it was Suzy, she arrived panting.

"Hey Suzy. I'm sorry I am with Krystal" 

"You should have texted me." I unintentionally raised an eyebrow on her with what she said.

"See Amber, your girlfriend is worried about you" I slammed the book closed and went out of the room banging the door. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, I really hate that Amber.

"Krystal" I heard her voice when she called me by the door.

"What?" 

"I'm Sorry"

"Sorry for what?"

"Suzy is not my girlfriend, she's just a close friend of mine"

"I don't care Amber" I was about to leave her alone when she pulled me back and leaned me on the wall.

"I know you don't like me, but please give me a chance. I really want to be your close friend and if I need to do something just to make you trust me, tell me and I'll do it."

"Fine" 

 

 

P/S what do you think guys? Please comment your feedbacks thank you :)