The change of attitude

The Sisters' crown

A/N : i'M BACK! and I'm sorry if it was too long for me to write again...:( I hope y'all readers are still there. I got a little busy with school and all but now everything's okay now. I can update every fridays or saturdays but surely during fridays. 

Please comment and subscribe guys please? Thank you :)) 

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/heewanredlight

KRYSTAL’S POV

For the very first time in my life, I felt tortured and uneasy with thought that keep on flashing in my mind whenever I remember those eyes, the pair of cold, emotionless eyes that pierces into my heart when she looks at me. I don’t know if it’s because of the accident or she’s just really busy that she suddenly treated me the complete opposite of how she treated me before. Yes, I’m talking about Amber Liu.

The once dorky and funny person who never fails to make me smile inside even if I show a though, dark and uninterested façade, the one who was always there to remind me every now and then that she’ll befriend me and never even misses a morning & evening without greeting me a good morning and good night,  the one who always leaves mangoes on my study table whenever she hears that I’m grumpy or stressed out and someone who made me feel that I’m alone…Is now cold and sees me as a ghost.

The Amber I knew suddenly disappeared without notice and I hate myself for hating it. Isn’t this what I wanted? For her to stay away because I don’t want to fall for her? But right now…I’m having a hard time, I’m longing for the playful Amber to comeback, to piss me off again.

“Is there something wrong Jungie?” Jessica came out from the bathroom, drying her hair and preaparing for her class with Yuri, I was by then spacing out from my bed that I didn’t even notice that she’s already beside me.

I looked back at her, thinking of whether to tell her or not the reason why I’m bothered like this, I know she’ll tease me but I also know that she already knew that I have problem ever since she asked me.

“N – Nothing Unnie” I tried, to escape from the train of questions she’ll throw at me if I’ll say yes but she just stared at me, unconvinced with my expression and answer.

“It’s about Amber, she…she changed a lot” my voice went lower with every word until I hung my head low.

“I noticed that too and everyone else in this mansion…well this place has been very quiet since she changed”

“It all started back at the court when she saved the ball for me, when she got back home she became the coldber and it’s been like that for two months now”

Jessica pulled me into a hug while I unconsciously started to sob, the pain and the hurt that I first felt that started that day at the hospital.

FLASHBACK

I arrived home early after I left Amber inside the clinic, I actually planned to buy her food and drinks to make her feel better but I got a message from Jessica telling me to go home immediately. I saw her together with our parents and they have this worried look on their faces.

“Jungie, we need to go. Mr. Liu is in the hospital right now, he passed out” Jessica  said and held my arms.

“Unnie, Amber is in the school’s infirmary. I need to go back to fetch her.”

“Yes, the school nurse called us earlier, Xiumin is already here, let Amber rest first SooJung. Let’s go now” I gave up when mom spoke and lead the way. I don’t what to think Mr.Liu and Amber are both in the hospital but Amber…Amber is…

“Don’t worry Jungie, Amber will be fine.” I felt the reassuring hold of my sister in my hands, I gave out a sigh and leaned my back on the seat.

We saw a large crowd of reporters outside when we arrive, I bet they would like to take coverage of what had happened to one of the world’s successful businessman. It took us around 15 minutes or so to be able to secretly go into Mr.Liu’s room and all of us breathed in relief in doing so.

“Hey” Mr.Liu greeted us weakly when he saw us standing, he seemed to have lost weight and weaker than the last time we saw him.

“How are you uncle Liu?” Jessica and I bowed 90 degrees while he motioned us to approach him.

“I’m fine girls, thank you. You two are still beautiful as usual”

“Thank you”

“Where’s Yuri?”

“Yuri is on the way already uncle, Amber is in the infirmary she got injured from their basketball game later.” I answered and I saw his face turned worried.

“Is she okay now?”

“Yes Uncle”

“Why did she got into an accident anyway?”

“Amber saved Krystal from being hit by a ball” Jessica butted in that made me slap her on her arms. Uncle Liu laughed at us as I tried to hide my now reddening face.

“I’m happy that the two of you is starting to be friends”

“I’m happy too, Uncle”

I stayed by uncle’s side for the next minutes until Yuri came and hugged him tight, she also bowed to my parents and gave a sweet smile at me and of course Jessica. My sister was always with Yuri that time, accompanying her in wherever she goes. I also noticed that she started holding to Yuri’s arms whenever they’re walking together. They got past their argument I can see and Unnie is now comfortable with her.

About an hour after we heard the door opened and came Amber with Xiumin at the back, she was wearing a black hoodie and I immediately saw that bandage on her head. I wanted to go to her and ask if she’s okay or not but her stare stopped me, it’s not that usual look she gives me…it’s cold, emotionless.

She bowed at us and even smiled to my parents and Jessica but when she turned to me, she did nothing. She averted her gaze to her father and approached him.

“Hey, I missed you Amber” Uncle Liu stretched his hands out that Amber took and gripped.

“Me too Dad, how’re you?”

“I’m fine, maybe I was just tired. By the way I heard that you injured yourself. Are you feeling better?”

“It’s nothing Dad I just tried to save the ball for my team to win, I really want to beat the other class”

“Really? Someone told me that you saved the ball because – “

“Because I wanted to win nothing more” She cut him off and finished it with that statement, when I heard that I felt something pierced into my heart. So it wasn’t for me, I was just being delusional and all.

END OF FLASHBACK

After that incident, Amber started to distance herself from me. Whenever I’ll be around the area studying, she’ll do and find a reason to avoid me. She’ll never sit next to me at the dining table and wouldn’t even go with us during family activities and gatherings. She always says that she has basketball practice and school reports but I know there’s something more, something about us.

“Try approaching her Jungie, forget the Jung pride for a while” This is the very first time my sister advised me like this, she usually tells me not to let anyone hurt me and that I should always keep my guard up. Well I think Yuri really changed her a lot, especially now she’s with her, helping her to take over the Liu’s company.

Jessica planted a kiss on my forehead before standing and leaving the room, she’s been very busy these days because of work and studies but I never saw her with a gloomy face, she always have this smile on her.

When Jessica left, I started to think what should I do next, to approach or ask her directly or just scream my feelings out? I want Amber back…I really do.

I stood up, took a last look at the mirror and left. I’ll tell everything to that stupid dork, I’ll tell her that I’m sorry and I want to have another chance to being her friend.

I’ll do this for our friendship…and for my happiness.