Basketball

The Sisters' crown

Hey guys I'm back! and now I will never mess up with my fics lol. I hope you're still there, and continue supporting this fic. :)) 

Please subscribe and comment :) (comments inspire me so much :P)

by the way... if by any chance you see "HEE WAN's POV" there, that's me okay? I turned to an extra to this fic. hahaha! 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

These past months my relationship with Krystal got a little better, I can see the happiness in my father’s face whenever I tell him that we’re already talking. I’m doing this for my Dad in the first place, I like Krystal as a friend…I actually don’t know what I am feeling. I still bother her and try my best to be close to her but the wall she built in between us is really hard to break that sometimes I just thought of giving up.

“You sure about that bro? You strived for two months now.” Kris munched on his bread and looked at me with questioning eyes.

“I’ve been thinking about it, I honestly don’t think it will work. Well, she’s talking to me but it’s an acquaintance and casual kind of talk. You know I’ve been trying my best”

“Fine. For now just forget about Krystal, just think of the basketball game later. We’ll be having a match with Jongwon’s team and I really want to beat them” he paused and straightened himself. Whenever we talk about basketball and tournaments, his aura really changes and you can just see his eyes burning of determination and excitement. I shook my head and turned my attention back on my food.

“Good luck Amber!” I can hear some students screaming for my name when we entered the court. It is our Physical Education class and our section will be facing the higher year.

Our opponents were known as Ace, I don’t know how it started but I just heard the students talking about it. Their members were Jongwon, Minho, Onew, Heechul and Siwon. Our team doesn’t have a name, but we’re quite popular because of Kai. Kai is the point guard of the school’s varsity team he’s been awarded as MVP for 2 consecutive years and his fan girls are off the charts. We’re composed of me, Kai, Kris, henry and Suho. For me, we’re a strong team given that we are friends and know each other’s’ style.

“Hey BerBer, I need you on this one” He suddenly tapped my back as he looked at Jongwon.

Oh I forgot, Jongwon is the former team captain of our varsity team but was ousted because of playing dirty. He is used to hitting his opponents, especially the good ones.

“Count me in” I bumped Kai’s fist and readied ourselves for this match.

I roamed my eyes and caught a glimpse of Krystal with her friends, we came in the gym as a section so she’ll definitely be watching. Rumors are spreading about Krystal having a crush on Kai but I wasn’t been able to confirm it. I’m not that interested on that issue though, Krystal have all the freedom to do what she wants and Kai’s one of my best buds so I don’t have a problem if one day they’ll end up together.

“Looking at your girl?” Kai’s whispered in my ear that made the hair on my neck stood.

“Of course not, I’m looking for someone else.” I pushed him aside and I could hear him chuckle. He threw a ball at me and motioned me to practice with him.

While I was dribbling my way to get past Kai, I can feel the stare of Jongwon on the other side. I think he’s threatened by this guy infront of me. Kai’s a good player and I’m confident he’ll be able to beat the hell out of Jongwon.

“He’s looking at us” Kai said as he got the ball from me.

“Yeah. Just pretend you didn’t notice”

The whistle of the referee signaled the start of the game. I took off my jacket revealing the white varsity shirt underneath with my surname and number 24 at the back.

“I love you Liu 24!” I stopped at my tracks and turned to where the voice came from, It’s  Ailee alright with Tiffany and Suzy beside her. I waved at her and went to my team mates.

“Okay guys, you know how dirty Jongwon plays right? You all need to be careful with him, especially you Kai” Our coach gave us his last instruction before letting us play at the court.

I was guarding Onew, Kris is on Minho, Henry with Heechul, Suho on Siwon and Kai with Jongwon. Kris and Minho are on the middle for the jump ball, the ball was thrown and Kris was fast enough to tap the ball. I got it and passed immediately to Kai who was already near the basket, he drove it towards the basket for a lay-up but was blocked with Jongwon who also gave us a smirk.

“Stupid” I whispered to myself as I caught up with Onew who was dribbling the ball and passing it to Siwon who shot a three pointer.

For the next five minutes we’ve been trailing behind points, though my coordination with Kai is good enough to get near them, Jongwon’s style is making us conscious.

“Ber!” Kris passed the ball to me.

I need to make this shot. I dribbled and Onew appeared in front of me, I faked a step and turned getting past him. Minho guarded me and I passed the ball in between his legs with my right hand and claiming it back with my left. Two down, three left.

When I jumped for my Lay- up Jongwon and Heechul’s face appeared, I bent a little and made my way through that little space in between them. It’s enough for the ball and my hand to pass thorugh and making the shot. Now our scores tied up.

“Way to go Ber” Suho head locked me and ruffled my hair.

“You’re still good as ever even you always ditch our games” Kris seconded.

“Join the Varsity now” Kai tapped my head.

“Stop it guys. First it’s just one time that I ditched our games and second girls are not allowed to play in an all – boys varsity team. “ I can hear my name echoing the gym, I blushed a bit and brought my focus back to the opponents.

We’ve been keeping up with them and I thought our guards went down when I saw how Jongwon shoved Kai’s hand together with the ball, it was so hard that it flew to the audience’s side.

“Krystal!”

HEE WAN’S POV

The sound of crashing chairs silenced the cheering crowd and a wounded player lay on the floor, blood dripping from her head.

“Amber!” Suho rushed to her side that was holding her head in pain.

“Ouch” she mumbled. Her teammates surrounded her checking if she was okay, she flashed them a dorky smile and gave a thumbs up sign.

“I never thought you could run that fast and jump that long. Maybe you must try joining the track and field or high jump team” Kai chuckled as he reached out his hand to help the girl get up.

Their coach applied cream on her wounded forehead and covered it with bandage. Jongwon was eliminated from the game and Amber sat on the bench with an Ice pack on her head.

A surprised girl was standing beside the chairs, she hasn’t been able to react immediately because of what had happened. She just watched her savior walking with her teammates towards the bench.

“Hey Krys, are you not going to thank Amber?” A petite girl with blonde hair spoke beside her and waving her hands in front of the surprised one.

“I – I will Luna” she took her step towards the player but what she saw next was unexpected.

The players surrounded Amber who fainted on the court, Kris and Suho carried her on their arms, rushing her to the infirmary. Others followed them including some of their classmates.

“Krys let’s go” Sulli dragged Krystal who has her soul still on space and followed the crowd.

The nurse stopped them from entering the room and they just waited outside for news.

“Amber” finally, Krystal spoke and was brought back to her senses. She gripped Luna’s arms and concern started to appear on her face.

“Wow, where did you go Krys? You reacted really late” the other girl looked at the taller one with such amazement in her eyes.

---

After minutes of waiting and Krystal walking to and fro making her two friends dizzy following her with their eyes, a lady wearing medical gown stepped out of the door followed by her team mates.

“Amber’s okay now, she’s sleeping inside” the lady smiled and went back inside the room. Amber’s friends followed her with their and eyes and smiled.

“We’ll leave Amber to you” Kai looked at Krystal and to her friends.

“Let’s go girls?” Suho motioned Luna and Sulli to follow them leaving Krystal alone in front of the door. She tapped her foot on the floor thinking of her next step, biting her thumb she knocked and twisted the knob.

“Excuse me, can I stay beside Amber Liu for a while?” she asked the lady in gown who gave a playful nod.

Krystal dragged the chair and sat beside the bed, she watched Amber peacefully sleeping and gave out a sigh.  

KRYSTAL’S POV

This is actually my fault, I was too busy chatting with my friends that I didn’t even notice the ball towards me. I didn’t pay attention on their game, I know Amber wants me to watch but I don’t want to let her feel that our relationship is getting better. I may watch them but my attention is always focused to Kai, my crush since elementary. Every time his name is called I would turn my head and smile but this time, seeing Amber hurt like this I felt guilty. She just wanted to befriend me and I prevented her to be close to me.

Staring at her I noticed her facial features, now I know why she has many fan girls. I admit, she’s handsome and yet she hasn’t got a girlfriend. In case I allow myself then I would be her… Wait, what am I thinking?

I stood up and left the room to shrug my growing thoughts and stop cheeks from heating up.

HEEWAN’S POV

I don’t know what’s wrong with Krystal but she just left the room while cupping her cheeks… oh! Blushing maybe? And then there’s Suzy with her friends walking towards the infirmary the knocked and the Lady in gown welcomed them with a smile. They entered happily and approached amber, Suzy planted a kiss on the player’s forehead.

“I can’t imagine Amber will really do that thing for Krystal” Ailee spoke while she played her hair with her fingers.

“And she didn’t even care visiting the one who saved her. Aish, she’s really an ice princess, I wonder why Amber wants to befriend her so much”

“You’re right, she doesn’t even care to Ambie’s efforts”

Suzy stared at Amber and caressed her hair, she motioned her friends to leave and they walked out of the door.

Now that the place is quiet the sleeping one slowly opened her eyes, she looked at the ceiling and a tear fell from her eyes.

-------

“Hey Amber!!” Henry happily bumped his fist to the tomboy and they laughed. Henry and his friends came back to the infirmary after an hour. They finished their classes and they brought milk tea with them.

“I know you like this” Kai threw to her the can.

“Thanks guys, you’re the best” Amber opened the gift and feasted on her favorite drink.

“So how’s your head” Suho sat beside her and patted her shoulders. They treat Amber as their youngest brother and were protective of him ever since.

“I still feel quite dizzy but not that much anymore”

“Did you see Krystal?” Kris asked which made every head to turn to him.

“No, why?”

“We left her here a while ago”

“It was Suzy, she came here with her friends. I woke up because of their voices actually”

“Ow, I thought she stayed with you”

There was an awkward silence that ruled the room, Kris mentally slapped himself for saying that in a teasing tone.

“Why would she? As if she would care right?”