Reconciliation and Distraction?

The Sisters' crown

CHAPTER 15

AMBER’S POV

“So… why did Suzy cancelled your date?” Krystal broke the awkward silence while we were walking down the streets to the ice cream parlor. I suggested earlier to just ride our car but she insisted to just walk so we could spend more time together.

Actually I don’t know what happened to her that she suddenly changed, she was even smiling sweetly at me which she never did before. Did she hit her head? I was just staring back at her, still confused of this situation.

“Earth to amber?” she waved her hands infront of my face which brought me back to my senses.

“Uh – yeah, she said something came up.”

“Really? Then we shall spend this day together” she giggled and moved closer to me.

“You’re strange.” I mumbled within me but she looked up, hearing me.

“Don’t you want it?”

“I… um… yeah I want it… but I never expected this”

“Then expect more of the unexpected”

She fasten her pace and even grabbed my hand, now I’m staring at our interlocked hands while she drags me to a place I do not know…uh yeah…ice cream parlor.

“Mango and chocolate please” she happily ordered at the counter, smiling sweetly to the cashier as she bit her ring finger. If I was to count how many times I stared at her and space out I would be out of fingers, include this time where my thoughts drifting again…focusing on her…lips.

Aish! What the hell is happening to you Amber? I mentally smacked my head, yeah really…what the hell is happening with me. I know before that I really wanted to befriend Krystal for my dad but when did I feel this funny feeling?

“You’re spacing out again” I saw a chocolate ice cream in front of my face and then when I looked up, Krystal was hers…her eyes seemed to smile at me but my gaze looked back to her lips and the way she it…

“Ugh” I ruffled my hair and took the ice cream from her hands immediately, she was talking and telling me stories but nothing processed into my mind. I am actually trying my best to avoid looking at her, I might space out and stare at her again and it would be too obvious.

“You’re not listening to me” my head jerked up and saw her head down low and she was pouting. That’s what I mean… the main reason why I was avoiding to look at her.

“Uh – sorry was what that?”

“I said I’m sorry if I treated you rude before”

“Nah it’s nothing Krys, forget it.”

“But you changed a lot after you got into an accident at the basketball game”

“Uh – well that was because… how do I say this? It’s just that I realized that you really don’t want to be friends me?” I gave out a nervous laugh.

“I don’t understand”

“Well…you know Krys, I really did save that ball because of you” her eyes widened while I just looked at my ice cream.

“The moment I saw that the ball was going to hit you, my instincts took over and my body moved by itself to catch it before it hits you.” We were both silenced, I was thinking if I should continue or not but she spoke.

“Thank you”

“I told you it’s nothing… maybe you should’ve visited me in the clinic anyway” I noticed the sudden confusion drawn in her face.

“But I was there Am”

“But Suzy’s friends told me you weren’t”

“Maybe they didn’t see me, I left because I planned to buy you food when you wake up, but mom asked me to go home because your dad was rushed in the hospital” I noticed a tear building up in her eyes, I felt guilty. I immediately believed in what others said, I broke the promise I made to her before…that I’ll never give up on her.

“Krys… I’m Sorry” Unconsciously, I held her hands on the table and when we both noticed it, I immediately pulled mine back.   

“Am – “

“Amber?” Krystal wasn’t able to finish what she was about to say when we both turned our heads to the side when I heard someone calling my name.

“Kai?” He approached us and ruffled my hair, not noticing Krystal whose eyes followed him.

“Didn’t expect to see you here bro”


Ugh...Kai entered the scene... who might add up to Kryber's distractions? Please comment :P Thank you :))