II. Break Up

Red

Jessica found herself in the place she was before. The same damn situation as the last relationship. In her room, crying, in fetal position, all by herself. All she did was cry and scream on the bed, throwing her pillows at the walls and all her stuffed toys were being squeezed and tried to be torn apart to no avail. In the end, she exhausted herself with all the screaming and crying that she just fell asleep.

I wish I would just die. What does Sunny have that I don't? Why isn't he happy? What did I do wrong?

This was the lingering thought in Jessica's head the whole time she slept. Along with this was her revenge plan which would most probably never happen. She would just let herself wallow up in sadness until it went away on its own, which usually took months and even years. Depending on the gravity of the breakup. Cheating? It usually took ages.

[THE NEXT DAY]

Jessica wasn't feeling much of herself. She was still hurt and broken over what she had found out about Jonghyun and what he had been telling others behind her back. It broke her heart but she still managed to get up and gather the remaining strength she had in her to eat some breakfast, even if it was just toast. 

Hair tied up in a messy bun, clad in a tank top and sweatpants; Jessica sipped her cup of hot chocolate while waiting for her toast to pop from the toaster. All she did was stare blankly at it, the only thought coming to mind was the thought of Jonghyun being with someone else, the thought of Jonghyun loving someone else for 8 months behind her back.

I never realized being heartbroken took so much work, so much energy, so much effort. I feel so drained. I don't even feel like eating.

The toast finally popped. Sighing and not wanting to waste food, Jessica walked over to the toaster to grab her toast and eat it. Getting her phone on the table, she saw that she had 10 unread messages and 15 missed calls, all from Jonghyun. This made the tears in her eyes stream even more. 

Look, there's wifi. She said inside her head. Jessica connected to her WiFi and opened Facebook. Instead of checking her notifications, she immediately looked up who Sunny was. 

Sunny Lee. 3 mutual friends. 

One of them was Jonghyun.

Nonetheless, Jessica clicked the link and began to browse her profile. Began to check her pictures. 

She's not bad looking.

Sunny Lee had a round face that she paired with short, pixie-cut hair. She wasn't much taller and had a quite curvy built. Jessica smiled the minute she saw Sunny's picture but realized that this was the girl she was competing with for Jonghyun's affections who now had completely stolen him from her. Sunny looked boyish. If you didn't know her well, at first glance, you'd think she was a lesbian. The way she wore ordinary clothes, not the trendy type that girls wore and the things she posted on her wall. Not typical girliness. Jessica smiled, still.

She browsed Sunny's pictures, trying to see if she was prettier than her. Sadly, it was on private. She was going to have to add Sunny or vice versa for her to be able to see info on her.

No way I'm adding this ho! Jessica said in her mind. She put her phone down and kept it on Sunny's profile. 

Jealousy. Heartbreak. What would these lead to?