Warmth

Red

[THE FOLLOWING DAY]

That afternoon, Jessica had just finished popping the popcorn and baking the nachos, the finger foods that they were going to eat while they watched a movie. She had already set her TV and USB up, where she had downloaded the French movie 'Blue is The Warmest Color', a story about lesbian love. 

Why she chose this movie? Well because she had seen it a good couple of times and agreed that it was beautiful enough to share with a friend.

Jessica waited on the couch for Sunny to come. The combined feelings of anxiety, excitement, arousal, and comfort were stirring in the pits of her stomach, making her feel uneasy, causing her to move around a lot. Jessica usually pranced while waiting for someone, this Jonghyun knew as she had exhibited this time after time while waiting for him.  This was a sure sign that she was excited to meet the person and nervous that the person might not show up and she would be left hanging and disappointed. Jessica started to bite her nails, glancing at the windows from time to time for a sign of the pixie haired girl.

"Come on, Sunny where are you? Your house is ing near why aren't you here yet?" This thought worried Jessica. She stayed put, crunching her knuckles and looking out the window, peering for Sunny. Finally, a sandy-blonde, pixie haired girl wearing a loose black band shirt and black pants with black sneakers came walking towards her house. Jessica jumped out of her skin and hurriedly opened the door for her. 

"Sunny!!!!" Jessica greeted. She ran to Sunny with arms wide open, ready to embrace her friend. Sunny accepted the hug and hugged her even tighter, squeezing her skin. When they released each other from each other's grip, Jessica welcomed her inside. Sunny marveled with awe.

"Wow. It's lovely here. You live alone?"

"Parents are abroad. They said I'm old enough to have this house to myself." Jessica said. She guided Sunny to the huge Persian carpet facing the TV. She saw the food that was laid out before them and smiled.

"You had some effort here huh? What are we watching?' asked Sunny. Jessica sat down on the carpet and tapped her side, motioning Sunny to sit next to her. Sunny did and hugged a pillow.

"Blue is the Warmest Color." Jessica blurted. Sunny stopped for a minute and looked Jessica in the eyes. 

Sunny had seen this movie and she knew what this  movie could do to her. She knew how this movie triggered her emotions and her desires and to purposively have her watch this-with a woman-was a test of her control. 

The movie started to roll. The first few minutes were chill for the both of them, eating and talking. But as the 3 hour movie rolled on, the eating stopped, the talking ceased and their eyes were glued to the screen, especially during the make out scenes. It was during these scenes of flesh to flesh contact that Sunny felt like reaching for Jessica's hand, recalling what they had done the last time and wanting to do it again.

It felt awkward. It felt weird.

It felt...right.

Jessica noticed a hand creeping towards her and felt Sunny's skin on her hand. She looked at Sunny, eyes staring straight into her soul, completely ignoring the movie and just gazing into each other.

"I have never felt this way for any other woman." Jessica said. "I have never felt this way for anyone ever."

"Not even Jonghyun."

"He couldn't come close to this." Jessica turned Sunny's hand over and clutched it tight. She pulled the hand closer to hers and kissed it. Sunny was surprised.  Jessica continued to kiss her hand until Sunny felt certain sensations in her body. Giddy, tingling arousing sensations. Not being able to take it anymore, she yanked Jessica forward and began to kiss her with the movie in the background. The two women kissed passionately, with Jessica grabbing the sides of Sunny's face, going up to her hair and dishevelling it, messing it up. Sunny in turn grabbed the ends of her hair and clutched a handful of it, tightly now in a fist. She pushed Jessica backward and landed on top of her, knocking the bowl of popcorn over. Their passionate kissing soon turned to groping and caressing, Sunny slipping her hands underneath Jessica's blouse and groping her s aggressively. Jessica rolled over and the smaller Sunny was now underneath her. Jessica did the same thing, this time with one hand on Sunny's and the other on her thigh, simultaneously groping. All this while they were French kissing and playing a movie that was quite similar to their situation.

The makeout session ended with both women exhausted and lying down side by side, Sunny's arm over Jessica's waist, holding her close and tight. The movie had ended, but their love was just beginning.