VII. Sunny's Home

Red

The two recently acquainted girls got off the cab and walked to the subdivision where they were dropped off. Since they had just met, Sunny and Jessica shared an awkward walk to her house, comprising of small talk and a few giggles. The wind that blew their way was cold so both girls felt a chill, Sunny especially. The temperature that enshrouded them turned Sunny's warm and loving hands into ice that made Jessica grab them for warmth.

"Just to keep you warm. You know. You're freezing." she rubbed Sunny's balled fists over and over, them until heat covered her knuckles. Sunny looked into her eyes and smiled. 

"Sunny, where is your house?" Jessica asked after noticing that the walk seemed to be taking so long.

"It's over there. At the corner." Sunny smiled. Jessica smiiled back and together they walked towards the pink house, the first pink house on the street. Jessica and Sunny were at the doorstep when Jessica released her grip on her friend's hand in order for her to open the door. Sunny smiled at her and opened it, allowing her to enter.

When Jessica got in, she saw what a marvel the place was. It appeared to be old fashioned, 1950s American Suburb style outside but inside it was as modern as it could get. The vases, the carpets, the couches. Everything screamed comfort. 

"This place is heaven! It's neat!" Jessica cried. Sunny closed the door behind her and stood next to Jessica and admired her own house together with her. 

"You decorated this by yourself?" Jessica asked. Sunny nodded. 

"Yeah." Sunny smiled. "I did." Jessica noticed a stack of papers on Sunny's desk. She walked towards it and saw that they were pictures. Tons and tons of pictures, mostly of sceneries, animals, and girls.

"You're a photographer?"

"Yup!" Sunny said with glee. She showed Jessica her camera. and smiled proudly. "Would you like to go for a photoshoot?" Jessica-who had always wanted to model-grinned and grimaced.

"God, I'd love to! Let's go!"

"Let's get you ready first!" Sunny said. "Come. Up to my studio!" 

"Studio?" Jessica asked, confused.

"My room. That's what I call it!" Sunny said, taking the first few steps up the staircase. "Come on!" she cajoled Jessica. Jessica jogged right behind her as they headed up in her room.

Sunny opened the door to her room and allowed Jessica to enter. Jessica was surprised at how comfy the room looked. It wasn't really big but it was spacious with a big bed in the  middle. There were two wardrobes, one for clothes and shoes, and the other for makeup.

"You use makeup? Or is that for your models."

"Sometimes. And sometimes for my models." Sunny said, sitting on the bed and patting the space next to her. Jessica walked over slowly and sat down, all smittenness disappearing. She felt comfortable with Sunny instantly, like a connection was happening between them.

"Close your eyes, and let me do the work."

The artist and photographer proceeded to work on her canvas: her muse.