Chilling

Red

Jessica and Sunny were exhausted by what they had just done and didn't even realize the movie was already over. 

"So much for movie date huh?" Sunny laughed, flipping her bangs to the side.

"Yeah. I've seen that twice already. I don't need to see it again."

"I've seen it many times." Sunny laughed. Jessica laughed along with her. 

"Hey, do you smoke?" Jessica asked. Sunny shook her head.

"Wanna learn?" Jessica cajoled. Sunny had a mischievous smile on her face and eventually nodded. 

'Alright. But just once. I won't be doing this after today." Sunny promised. Jessica smirked and reached for her pack of cigarettes on the couch. Marlboro Reds. Not lights. She popped one in and gave another stick to Sunny. Sunny held the stick in between her two fingers like a pen, much to Jessica's amusement.

"You are still a newbie. Hahaha. You'll get used to it. Eventually." Jessica grabbed her lighter and lit the cigarette, began to smoke. Sunny watched how she did it and tried to imprint in her mind how smoking worked. She put the cigarette in and motioned Jessica to light it up.

"Okay. No regrets?"

"Nope." came a muffled reply from Sunny who had a stick in between her lips. Jessica lit the end of the cigarette and told Sunny what to do. The newbie that she was, Sunny inhaled the smoke and exhaled it immediately, just playing with it in .

"Make sure you get some of the nic in your lungs okay. Don't just play with the smoke in your mouth." Jessica smoked and puffed, polluting the living room with smoke.

"Earlier this place smelled like lavender. Now it smells like nicotine."  Sunny said. The two smoked together and were relaxing in the living room after a makeout session, one that was undeniably hotter than the first.

Sunny suddeny felt a vibration on her thigh. She felt her phone and saw that her mother had been calling her 5 times. Cigarette in mouth, she quickly spat it out and was debating whether or not to answer it. Jessica looked at her with a look  of panic and indecisveness.

"Should I answer it or not?"

"Don't." Jessica said. "Just let it vibrate. Put it on the floor so you won't be disturbed."

"What if she asks?" Sunny said.

"Tell her you left it on your friend's table and you went somewhere." was all the alibi Jessica could think of at the moment. Sunny furrowed her brows and did what her friend said. 

"Okay. Okay okay okay." Sunny tried to calm herself down. Jessica gave her another cigarette and lit it for her. The two smoked even more.

"Do you drink?" asked Jessica. Sunny nodded and pinched her index and thumb together.

"Good. I got some beer. I'mma get it." Jessica stood up. Just as she was about to get the beer, Sunny's cellphone vibrated. This time it was a threatening text.

Sunny, where are you! It's time for supper and you're still not here! You  better not be at your friend's house. Come home this instant or I will look for you!  her mother demandingly texted. Sunny's heart raced faster and faster.

"I really have to go now." Sunny said. Jessica returned with the beer and saw Sunny gathering her things, getting ready to leave.