Chapter 2 - Returning To The Past

[abandoned] Traitor

 


Taeyeon’s POV

I walked out of the elevator as soon as it opened and adjusted my glasses before I examined my surroundings.  Immediately, I noticed people were busy doing their own thing whether it was talking to other people, busy typing up a letter or just roaming around the internet. The S floor was pretty huge as left part was just a mini laboratory for scientist to test on their experiment. The middle was at least 20 desks for their employees to work. Right side was an area for people to chill and take a break. Of course, we can’t forget the office that’s literally half the size of the floor that’s made for higher ranking employees.

It didn’t take long before I found a welcome package on a desk and I automatically just knew that place was mine. As any other person would do, I grabbed the packaged and looked what was inside. Inside was some expensive German chocolate with a greeting card. It was okay, I was never a big fan of chocolate but I mean at least they got me a welcome package right?

Removing the package from the desk, I saw the note under it and it said

“Come to my office – Kyuyoon”

Office? What office? I turned around and scanned the whole floor again and – ah…that office. The office that says Kwon Kyuyoon – S Floor Administrator. I adjusted my lab coat and clothes before I started to walk towards the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

“Come in.” Knowing it was my queue I entered and may I say, his office is no joke. There’s a freaken bar on the side and sofa area next to it. I recomposed myself before standing in front of…um… my boss? Is he my boss? I don’t know.

“Hello.” I greeted. Not gunna lie, I crossed my fingers hoping that he is just not those typical mean people.

“Hello…uh Taeyeon-shi. Welcome to your first day.”

I thanked him in response.

“How’d you like your first day at HMC?” He asked while glancing as his computer screen back and forth.

“As of now, I’m enjoying it. By the way, thank you for the welcoming package. I appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome.” He smiled

“Is there anything I could do for you? That’s the reason why you called me in here right?”

“Ah…yes.” He bended down and grabbed something that immediately just made my jaw dropped. He effin grabbed 5 paper filled binders and dropped it on his desk. “Please finish this by Friday.”

What day is today? Monday? Tuesday? No no, it was Wednesday. Oh my God…2 days to finish that?!? Well, might as well write my will.

“You’ll finish this by Friday right?”

I forcefully smiled. “Ye-ah…”

Kyuyoon returned this smile to me. “Good. You may leave now.”

I went and grabbed those 5 giant binders and carefully carried them and closed the door with my foot.

“Joy…” I sighed returning to my own desk.

---

I checked the time on my computer. 3:52 p.m. I looked to my right and just sighed. I only have 1 binder done and my fingers are already sore from typing, not to mention my eyes are completely burning.

See, I’m a spy, not an employee. Even though I got a PHD in Biomedical, doesn’t mean I’m employee material.

A lot of people in ATF don’t seem to understand why I became a spy even though I got a PHD in BioMed.

Well let’s just say, it started when I was 17…

Flashback

No One’s POV

Taeyeon was no average 17 year old human out there.  She was special. Special as in her mind was smart. Too smart to be exact. She was one of those people that got full scholarship in the University of Seoul. So here she is, attending at one of the greatest university in the whole country.

 

Like any other school day, she walked home after school. Her route was to usually cut into a small valley between the big buildings and eventually leading back to the main road.

She’s walking and walking in the tiny little space between the building and noticed 2 guys on the other side. Taeyeon often see people walking through this area so she didn’t really care. Having her headphones plugged in, she walked towards them. Too busy listening to music, she didn’t notice one guy was just smirking like a ert. As they got closer and closer, one of the guy dared to touch  her leg, making her scream like any other girl would.

“YAH!” yelled Taeyeon.

“Ah…sorry. Your legs are somewhat very smooth…” said the erted guy. Once hearing what he said, Taeyeon immediately knew what the situation is and started to run towards the opening on the other side, but before she can, the guy grabbed her wrist. “Uh-uh. I want to see if rest of your body is just as smooth as your leg.”

After hearing what he said, Taeyeon instantly regretted wearing a skirt that day.

One of the guys pushed Taeyeon and held her wrist against the wall and started molesting her. He ripped her button shirt open, making buttons pop everywhere to taking it off, leaving her in a bra. As any other girl, she yelled, struggled, kicked and doing whatever it takes to make him stop, but she just couldn’t. The guy was just way too strong for her petite body. Not even 5 minutes in, Taeyeon was already in tears, knowing that no one could possibly help her.

“Yah! Kiwoon what are you doing? Cmon’ she tastes so good!” said the guy as she was busy on Taeyeon’s neck.

The other guy was odd. He just stood there like a tree, watching how the guy is molesting Taeyeon. His facial expressions looked like he was thinking something.

The molester kept on Taeyeon’s neck until his eyes drifted somewhere else. Taeyeon’s to be exact. as ever, the guy went beside Taeyeon’s back and was about to unclasp her bra until the guy that was watching the whole time grabbed the molester and threw him down the ground.

“Oofph…What the man?!” yelled the guy who’s on the floor. Before he even got up, the called went over and punched the daylights out of him. Taeyeon on the other hand was in a turtle position where she was hugging her knees to her chest, shivering as she was cold yet scared for her dear life. The guy turned around and looked at Taeyeon for a second. Both of them made eye contact. The guy took off his coat and gave it to Taeyeon.

“Here. Wear this.” said the guy. Taeyeon looked up in shocked thinking that he only knocked out the guy to molest her. “Cmon’ take it.” Taeyeon got up and grabbed the coat from his hands.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon said gently and wore the coat. “Who are you?” The guy didn’t respond and walked the other direction, leaving Taeyeon hanging there. “Kiwoon.”

The guy immediately stopped his track.

“Who are you?” repeated Taeyeon.

“Do you really want to know?” Kiwoon asked back, facing away from Taeyeon.

“Yes.”

“I’m a spy.”

Nothing was said afterwards and Kiwoon kept walking away from Taeyeon. Taeyeon remained in the same position for a couple of minutes before calling the police.

---

It has been days after the molesting incident that happened to Taeyeon and all this time, she couldn’t take her mind off on what the guy said. Her mind has been repeating “I’m a spy.” every day no matter what she is doing.

She still has his coat in her house, hanged up in her bedroom to remember him.

Taeyeon was a person that when she makes a choice, she sticks with it. No matter what the outcome, how hard it is to achieve that goal, she sticks with it. But something in her changed after that day.

---

Taeyeon threw her cap up like every other graduating college student out there. Finally getting her PHD in BioMed after 3 years. She was lucky as most people would take 7-8 years to get to that level.

---

Taeyeon opened her eyes as the sun pierced through the curtain in her room. Moving a little, she let out a big yawn. She turned to the right and looked at the clock and it only said 8:00 a.m. She decided to let herself sleep a little longer as college was over.

9:27 a.m. came and Taeyeon got out of bed and to the bathroom. She did her business inside and changed into her clothes and fixed herself. 20 minutes later, she was fully dressed in presentable clothes and cooked herself some breakfast.

After the breakfast was made, she sat on the table and ate her meal while searching around the internet with her laptop in front of her. Taking a couple of bites, she pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

“Hello.” – Taeyeon

“Hi. How can I help you?” – Unknown

“How do I apply for the Anti-Terrorist Force?”  - Taeyeon

---

Taeyeon arrived at training camp. She stepped out of the bus and in front of her was cabins. Cabin's that looks like its enough to fit two people. 

"Everyone please go over there where the tables are and retrieve your cabin number." said of of the soldiers there. Taeyeon followed their instructions and got her number and keys. Her cabin number was room 15.

She walked towards the cabin she was assigned with a couple of baggage with her. When she arrived at the door step, she pulled out her key and unlocked the door. Once the door was unlocked, she stepped inside. Inside was plan and simple as there was bunk beds, a mini kitchen and a bathroom.

Since she arrived there first, she got to choose either the top or the bottom part of a bunk bed. WIthout hesitiation, she choose the top. After she checked everything out, she unpacked her necessities. 

In the midst of unpacking, the intercom made an annoucement.

Intercom

Everybody will need to meet outside by 3:50. Anyone late will be punished.

End of Intercom

She looked at the watch on her right hand. 3:40. Knowing that she doesn't have a lot of time, she changed into clothes that's suitable for workout and headed out the door.

Taeyeon waited outside exactly on time. Other people also started to gather around. 5 minutes has passed and two guys stood in front.

“Attention!” said one of the guy. Everybody stopped babbling and saluted. “You are here because you wanted to be part of ATF. We would not allow failure an option in here. Anyone who wants to quit right now please walk away.”

No one moved.

“Good. I hope you keep this attitude with you as you go through this 9 week training. Let me introduce myself. I’m General Park Hyunjae. This over here is General Kim Kiwoon.”

Taeyeon eyes widen after hearing the name. Her eyes traveled around one of the two generals and she couldn’t help but to gasp.

It’s him.

(cont. of Flashback next chapter)  


i'll write a couple of chapters on how like taeyeon became a spy and the training process and all that stuff before i actually start the story(?). does that make sense?

thanks to xXBlackPearlXx for upvoting and comments I received last chapter! Luv you guys ♥

i better head to sleep...so bai breads