Chapter 14 - Shots Fired

[abandoned] Traitor

Chapter 14

Tiffany’s POV

“Taeyeon?”

Why was she here in Seoul? Isn’t she supposed to be with her parents at Jeonju? I wanted to yell her name but decided not to. She must have a reason right?

Yeah.

Let’s leave it at that.

 

 

-

 

 

I keep looking at the calendar, counting down the days until Taeyeon comes back. I just can’t help but to think why Taeyeon lied to me.

Is she cheating on me?

No.

I shouldn’t think that way.

But the more I think about it, the more that question came to my mind.

And then, a tear fell on my lap.

 

 

-

 

 

No One’s POV

“Hey baby I’m back.” Taeyeon greeted as she came home. She took off her shoes and saw Tiffany sitting on the couch, watching T.V.. “Baby?” Taeyeon went over there and sat next to Tiffany. “What’s wrong?”

“Where were you?” Tiffany asked, looking at the T.V. screen.

“I told you. I was just Jeonju visiting my family. Didn’t you receive my text message?”

“Really?” Tiffany asked one more time, giving Taeyeon a chance to speak the truth.

“Yeah. Why would I lie?”

“Then why did I saw you the other day by the grocery store?”

Taeyeon panicked inside a little bit. How did Tiffany see her? “Are you sure that was me?”

“I can recognize you from miles away.” Tiffany stood up from the couch. “Why did you lie to me?”

Taeyeon didn’t say anything.

“Are you cheating on me?” Taeyeon immediately got up from the couch and hold Tiffany’s hand. “Of course not.” But Tiffany pulled her hand away.

“Why did you lied to me then?” Tiffany looked into Taeyeon’s eyes, trying to find an answer, but she couldn’t. “I trusted you.” Tiffany distanced herself with Taeyeon and a tear slipped out of her eyes. Taeyeon looked at the tear drop on Tiffany’s face and her heart hurt a little bit.

She didn’t know why it hurt because she didn’t have mutual feelings for Tiffany. At least that’s what she thinks.

“I didn’t cheat on you Tiffany. Please trust me.”

“HOW CAN I POSSIBLE TRUST YOU WHEN YOU LIED TO ME!?” Tiffany finally had enough. “HOW CAN I POSSIBLE TRUST YOU WHEN YOU’RE NOT EVEN WILLINGLY TO TELL ME THE TRUTH?!”

“’WHY CAN’T YOU JUST TRUST ME?!” Now it was Taeyeon’s turn to yell back, but she immediately regretted it when she saw more tears flow out of Tiffany’s eyes. “No. I didn’t meant to yell at you. I’m sorry.” Taeyeon walked up to Tiffany but Tiffany backed up.

“Let’s just break up.” Taeyeon’s eyes enlarged because she couldn’t believe the words that came out of Tiffany’s mouth.

“No. Please. Tiffany.” Taeyeon tried to reason with Tiffany, but it seems like Tiffany was too disappointed to hear anything Taeyeon has to say.

Tiffany sniffed her snots and wiped her tears before walking away, but couldn’t do so as someone was holding on to her.

 It was Taeyeon.

Taeyeon who hugged her from the back.

“Your father…” Taeyeon slowly said. “He wants me to leave you so he hired someone to…hurt me.” Tiffany who was breathing fast started to calm down.

“What?”

Taeyeon pulled out from the hug and took off her shirt. Behind the shirt revealed a purple-blackish bruise.

Tiffany gasped.

“I didn’t want you to see what your father did to me so I stayed at a friend’s house for a week for my injuries to heal up so you wouldn’t notice.” Taeyeon grabbed one of Tiffany’s hand. “Please trust me when I say I didn’t cheat on you.”

Tiffany head lowered knowing she accused Taeyeon. “I—Tae…” Taeyeon knew what Tiffany wanted to say, but shushed her by pulling her girlfriend into a hug.

“I know…its okay. If I were you, I would’ve freaked out too.” Taeyeon felt Tiffany’s tear go through her shirt. Feeling her tears made her hug Tiffany tighter.

After hugging each other for a couple minutes without saying anything, Taeyeon pulled away and she saw how Tiffany’s hair was stuck to her face because of the tears. Taeyeon brought her hand up and removed those hair and behind it revealed Tiffany’s eyes that was a little reddish from crying.

At that moment, Taeyeon got this urge. This urge to kiss Tiffany on the forehead sweetly.

Taeyeon slowly closed her eyes and grabbed Tiffany’s face lightly and placed her lips on Tiffany’s forehead.

In that moment, Taeyeon feared something.

 

 

 

 

Feared that she might actually have fallen for Tiffany.

 

 

-

 

 

 Mr. Hwang immediately grabbed her coat and rushed out of his office with Junyoon behind him.

“Cancel all meetings and appointments today.” Mr. Hwang told the secretary and clicked the elevator button. As soon as the elevator doors opens, Mr. Hwang quickly got in and pressed the parking lot light.

Once reaching the parking lot, he go into his car and Junyoon drove off.

 

 

-

 

 

The second Mr. Hwang reached his destination, he quickly turned his head left and right to look for a certain person.

“Are you okay?” Mr. Hwang walked closer to the person he was looking for, but the person didn’t respond.

“…”

“Tiffany…”

Couple of tears started to fall on the crying girl’s lap.

“Times like this is where I wish we didn’t reunite.” Tiffany started off. “Why must you bring your business into my life? Why.” Tiffany clenched her fist. “ing why…” 

“I never imagined that they’ll hurt you.”

“They didn’t hurt me.” Tiffany plainly said. “They hurt Taeyeon. Taeyeon who protected me even though she knew she would have no chance of winning the fight. Taeyeon who protected me even though she was already weak because you beat her up last week.”

Mr. Hwang gasped.

 

She knew all along…

 

“She told me not to confess to about how you beat her up just for her to leave me. She wanted us to get better, but after this incident, I will never forgive you.”

“Tiffany—I—I never knew he’ll take revenge on me by using you.”

“Ah…revenge.” Tiffany let out a low laugh.

“I know that whatever I say right now won’t matter—“

“Your right.” Tiffany cutting her dad’s words off. “It doesn’t.”

It was silent for a couple seconds until Tiffany spoke up. “Just leave. I don’t want to see you. In fact, get out of my life.”

Tiffany knew those word are harsh, but it was true. Ever since her dad came into her life, it’s just been a mess.

Before Mr. Hwang can say anything, the emergency room light went off and came out was a bed with unconscious Taeyeon with couple IV sticking into her body and nurses besides her, rolling Taeyeon down the hall way.

“Is she okay doctor?”

The doctor took of her mask before speaking. “Yes. She is fine. Just a couple of broken bones and some bruises on her face and body. Some places need stitches because the cut was a little deep, but like I said, there’s nothing to be worried about.”

Tiffany let out a sigh after hearing Taeyeon was okay. She thanked the doctor for her work and grabbed her purse and went to Taeyeon’s room.

Unconscious Taeyeon had a mask on her face to keep her breathing. Tiffany grabbed a chair and placed it near Taeyeon’s bed and sat down, holding Taeyeon’s hand. While Tiffany was staring into Taeyeon’s closed eyes, Mr. Hwang watched every moment of his daughter from outside the window.

Mr. Hwang didn’t speak anything. He continued to look at how his daughter slip out a tear for Taeyeon.

“Junyoon.”

“Yes sir.” Junyoon responded.

“Find him.”

“Understood.”

 

 

-

 

 

Taeyeon finally woke up after a week of unconsciousness. But even if she woke up, her body was still very weak. Tiffany literally lived at Taeyeon’s room when Taeyeon was unconscious.

“I was so scared you were dead Tae.” Tiffany hold Taeyeon’s hand and confessed.

“I’m alive aren’t I?” Taeyeon placed a hand on top of Tiffany’s. “Don’t worry baby.”

Tiffany then pulled Taeyeon into a sudden hug. “Just—don’t do that again okay. Protecting me like that.”

Taeyeon returned the hug. “How can I not protect the one I love? You’re worth more than my life.”

“Yah!” Tiffany slapped Taeyeon on the shoulder. “Don’t say that.”

“Ow!” Taeyeon immediately let out a painful sound after Tiffany’s slap.

“Oh my god.” Tiffany panicked. “I’m so sorry. Are you okay?”

Seeing how Tiffany was panicking made Taeyeon heart all fuzzy inside. Suddenly, Tiffany’s phone rang.

“Hello…?” – Tiffany

“Ms. Hwang—“– Junyoon

The second Tiffany heard the Ms. Hwang word, she knew who it was from.

“No. I want nothing to do with him.” – Tiffany

Once Taeyeon heard the word him, she knew it was Tiffany’s dad. “Tiffany, give him a chance. Hear what he has to say first.”

Tiffany sighed a little bit before placing the phone near her ear. “What.”

“Your dad wants me to tell you to come to this address I’m about to text you.” – Junyoon

“Anndd why should I go there?” – Tiffany

“It’s the man who beat up Taeyeon.” – Junyoon

Tiffany gasped mentally. She didn’t know what to do. Was it really necessary to go there?

“We’ll see.” – Tiffany

Tiffany ended the phone call and place the phone on the desk. After that, Tiffany spaced out.

“Everything okay?” Taeyeon asked.

 Tiffany snapped back into reality. “Oh? Yeah. I’m okay. My dad just want us to meet up and talk.”

“Then go.” Taeyeon happily suggested.

“Are you okay without me?”

“Of course. I got nurses watching me and stuff.  Just go okay? Don’t worry.”

“Okay then.” Tiffany got up and grabbed her coat and purse and headed out of the door.

 

 

-

 

 

It was almost 7 p.m. when Tiffany arrived at the address her dad’s secretary sent to her. She didn’t know why she wanted to come here, but what has her dad to done to the guy keeps pulling her in.

The entranced was guarded by security as once they saw Tiffany, they moved out of the way for her to come in.

The place she was in was an abandon warehouse in the middle of nowhere. Loud screams echo throughout the warehouse. With a couple more steps, Tiffany can see her dad.

Mr. Hwang was staring out the window that looks like someone being hanged on a stake. Tiffany couldn’t believe what her eyes were seeing.

“What are you doing to him?”

“Doing the same he did to Taeyeon.” Mr. Hwang simple said.

Tiffany stared at how the man was being tortured. His chest had marks on whips on him. Beside him was two guys holding different torturing devices.

“AHHH!!!!” The man screamed as another whip came across his chest. “I have no regrets of what I’ve done.” The words that came out of his mouth didn’t really please Mr. Hwang so he earned another whip across his chest. “ARGG!!! We were partners in business. breaths But you dirty tricked me.”

“It’s your fault for trusting me. Not mine.” Mr. Hwang raised his eyebrows a little bit and the guys know what to do. The guys brought out a fire and what it looks like a hot iron bar.

When Tiffany saw that, she knew exactly what it was going to happen.

“Woah. Woah” Tiffany immediately walked in front of Mr. Hwang, blocking his view. “You’re not going to stick that hot iron thing on his body are you…?”

Mr. Hwang kept silent and Tiffany knew that was a yes. “Um…let’s not do that? I mean Taeyeon’s alive isn’t she? A beating is good enough. No need to hurt him that bad.”

After hearing what Tiffany has to say, Mr. Hwang ordered the guys to not torture him with the iron.

“A beating might teach him a lesson, but that doesn’t make sure he doesn’t do that again…” Mr. Hwang trailed off. “Tiffany…let’s leave.”

Mr. Hwang walked towards the door, but Tiffany wasn’t moving.

“C’mon sweetie.”

Tiffany followed his dad out of the room. Once they were out, the security closed the door and in only a couple seconds, a fire shot was heard.

 


 

sorry i haven't been updating. laziness really go into me. 

sorry if i disappointed you in this chapter. i tried my best. 

and sorry for this advertisement for my new story. [inFamous: A Hero Rebirth]

YES i know i have too much stories going on but this one is a short story like maybe 10 chapters max? if you heard  or played this game before (inFamous: Second Son or the series) go check it out. or if you haven't, still go check it out like why not? O_O 

reason i'm starting a new mini story is because i just recently watched the gameplay of the game and really liked the story. also cus i couldn't sleep because i was thinking about it. 

thanks to adriane29, SNSDSonexx, TaengNY, and lolli_pop for upvoting! means a lot a lot! :D 

it's 1 am right now. omg. 

#promisedmyselfiwouldupdate 

adios! 967339c1.gif

 14366338941_a9f3ef1944_o.png