Chapter 4 - Group Project

[abandoned] Traitor

 


“Kim Taeyeon.”

Everybody was clapping as Taeyeon went on the stage, prepared to receive her reward.

“You go girl!” yelled Yuri in the crowd.

Taeyeon stood by Kiwoon who had her medal in his hands.

“Congratulations.” said Kiwoon as he handed Taeyeon the medal. Before Taeyeon went off the stage, she saluted.

After receiving her award, Taeyeon got off the stage and sat by Yuri as she watched the rest of the ceremony.

 

Finally after 9 weeks of long and tiresome training, she was finally done. Taeyeon is now officially an ATF member and she couldn’t be more proud.

The ceremony was over and people talked with each other about how hard this journey has been. Taeyeon was never a talkative person so she didn’t have a lot of friends. The only friend she really has or talk to is Yuri.  If Yuri at that time didn’t introduce herself to Taeyeon, she would probably never talk to her.

Instead of sitting in the corner awkwardly, Taeyeon decided she needed a breather so she stepped outside a little. She took a nearby seat by the oak tree. The sun was just setting behind the mountain, creating a gorgeous view that was in front of her. She admired the scenery so much that she didn’t know somewhat sat beside her.

Taeyeon immediately got up and saluted.

“You don’t need to do that. I’m not your supervisor anymore.” Kiwoon said as he took a seat by Taeyeon.

“Sorry sir…” apologized Taeyeon.

“No sir either Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon sat back down.

“So. How does it feel being an official ATF member?” asked Kiwoon.

“It’s,” Taeyeon exhaled “…nice knowing I made it without quitting.”

“You were one of those trainees’ I knew would make it through all 9 weeks.” Taeyeon looked at Kiwoon. “Many other have quit within their first day and seeing how you got up from the fall you encounter and still climbed that wooden board…I know you were different. That difference is rare. I’m sure you heard of the saying “It’s not how you fall down, it’s how you get back up.” before and it’s easier said than done. That day, I saw a lot of people get hurt and none of their injuries were as bad as yours, but you were the only one that managed to get back up and I admire that.”

“Thank you…for believing in me.” said Taeyeon as she faced Kiwoon. “Thank you for everything.  From saving me when I was 17 to now.”

Kiwoon got up. “Now…Taeyeon as you face the real world, know that I’ll be by your side supporting you.” Kiwoon brought out his hand.

“I won’t let you down.” Taeyeon then shook Kiwoon’s hand.

From that day onward, Taeyeon’s journey as a spy begins.

(End of flashback)

 

 

(No One’s POV)

Taeyeon was on her third binder and her body was giving her all sorts of pain. Her back hurt as she sat too long and her legs were starting to get numb. She was starting to get scared that what if she sat so much, her became flat? Even though Taeyeon admit that she’s short, she can’t deny that her is pretty y.

“Oh my god…20 more pages to go and onto fourth binder.” Taeyeon silently mumbled and cracked her fingers a little. She looked at her computer and saw it was around noon.

“Great…” Taeyeon looked around the office and saw no one. It was completely empty. Everybody was off to lunch as Taeyeon here was typing her little off.

“I guess it’s just lunch with you and me Ms. Silent.” Taeyeon’s facial expression then suddenly changed. “What the heck. Ms. Silent? Your cray-cray is getting to you Taeyeon.”  

Taeyeon got up and stretched her sleeping muscles. She then grabbed her cup and went to the staff area where there were refreshments…at least that’s what she thought.

 

(Taeyeon’s POV)

I walked in and opened the cupboard and there was no food and I swear to god that yesterday there was so many ramen here. I closed that cupboard and proceed with the next one.

Who knew.

It was empty.

Great.

I mean I found some instant coffee packs at least in the corner so it’s not that bad. BUT that was before I checked the date. 2008. . I just put it back where I found it and left it alone.

On second thought…either I drink the old coffee or be a zombie for the rest of the working hour. I’m going with the old coffee. I reopened the cupboard and grabbed it.

I checked the rest of the cupboards and it only greeted me with emptiness. I had no choice, but to buy ba-jillions of snacks from the vending machine.

Before I got my wallet out, I made myself some coffee. It definitely smelled a little weird though. I ignored that thought and got out my wallet.

“Okay… let’s see. I want this, this, this and this.” I pressed enter and a lot of snacks dropped and I grabbed them all. I hugged all my snacks and grabbed the cup of the old coffee inside and left.

Before I can completely return to my desk, I just had to have this incident.

 

 

I JUST had to bump into this person.

“YAH!” She screamed, I screamed, we all screamed.

“Oh my god. My shirt!” She screamed.

“My snacks! My old coffee!” Inside my heart was broken. I mean even though the coffee was old, at least I had some... “Don’t you have eyes!?!?”

“Shouldn’t I say the same to you? Look what you’ve done! This shirt was expensive!”

“Look what you’ve done! My coffee was the only thing that was going to keep me awake!”

“Excuse me?” the lady asked me in disbelief. “My shirt is 100x more expensive than your coffee so don’t you even compare that to mine stuff. You better pay for it.”

“Pay my . Look here...” I had to look at her name tag for a second. “Tiffany, you were the one that bumped into me and instead of saying sorry, you want me to pay for you shirt? What logic is that?”

“I didn’t not bump into you. You were the one that bumped into me. I mean if you weren’t that short and didn’t hold so many snacks, maybe you could see where you’re going instead!”

“Oh you did NOT just called me short.”

“Short. Midget. Dwarf.”

“You just crossed the line Tiffany…”

“Did I midget?” she smirked.

Before she even knew it, I splashed the rest of the coffee in her face.

“What the !?” Tiffany yelled as not just her hair was in coffee stain, but her whole outfit.

The second I splashed the coffee on her, I knew the consequences, but she called me midget and that’s so unacceptable.

Tiffany was about to jump on me until some employees came back from lunch and held her.

“LET ME GO!” she yelled in anger. I just stood there smirking.

“What happened here?” asked Kyuyoon who stepped inside the scene.

“She bumped into me first.” We said as we both pointed at each other.

“What? It was totally your fault.” I defended myself. Heck no I was gunna be accused. Nu-huh.

“Woah woah woah…stop. You in my office now.” Kyuyoon said to Tiffany. I smirked. She’s is in SOOOO much trouble. “That means you too Taeyeon.”

“Taeyeon? What an ugly name.” She said.

“You wanna fight Tiffany?” I asked standing closer to her.

“Bring it midget.”

She and I was about to go into a fist fight before Kyuyoon stopped us.

“STOP! In my office NOW!”

I had no choice, but to obey his orders.

 

 

(No One’s POV)

“Close the door Taeyeon.” ordered Kyuyoon and Taeyeon did. “Both of you have a seat.”

Taeyeon and Tiffany sat down and both sat the end of the chair just to avoid each other.

“I don’t care who bumped into each other first.”

“She did.” Taeyeon blurted.

“What? You totally did.” Tiffany protested.

“No you—“

“ENOUGH!” Kyuyoon yelled, making the girls stop arguing. He brought his hand up and rubbed his temples. “Guys…listen. Fighting like this is totally unacceptable in HMC and I’m sure both of you guys know that. It’s not just immature as both of you are adults, but it also ruins HMC reputation. In order to prevent this from happening again in the future, I’m going to sign a group project.”

“WHAT!?!?” The girl’s yelled in unison.

“Yes. Your ears aren’t bad. Group project.”

“But Kyuyoon how are we supposed to work with each other after this? I mean we both hate each other.” Taeyeon said.

“I agree. We can’t do this.”

“Look we’re off to a great start. You guys are starting to agree with each other.” smiled Kyuyoon.

“We’re only agreeing with each other because this idea of a group project is completely stupid.” explained Taeyeon

“Are you testing my intelligence Taeyeon-shi?”

Taeyeon cleared . “No sir.”

“Are you Tiffany-shi?”asked Kyuyoon

“No sir.” replied Tiffany

“Good. Now here’s the project. You guys will need to find virus that this person has. The person previously had serious coughing issues and due to the coughing, he eventually died as  he started to cough up blood. Any questions?”

“No…” Both girls said in unison.

“Good, both of you may return to your seat now. Let me remind you, IF I see you guys get caught fighting again, I’ll assign more group project. Understand?”

“Yes.”

Taeyeon and Tiffany then got up and left Kyuyoon’s office and both returned to their desk.

“Are you stalking me?” asked Taeyeon as she kept walking towards the desk.

“My desk is this way too. Like anyone wants to stalk you…” Tiffany said in a dissing voice.

Taeyeon decided to not argue as the group project with her ‘enemy’ is worse enough. Finally upon reaching her desk, she sat down and my oh my…Tiffany sat next to her.

“No ing way. Just no.” Tiffany said.

“What?” Taeyeon said as she sat down.

“I sit across from you…oh my god, now I get to see your face every day.”

“Like I want to see your face either…”

“At least I’m prettier then you…” Tiffany then took a seat and mumbled to herself and Taeyeon heard it.

“What did you say?” asked Taeyeon in a ‘nice’ tone.

“Nothing.” Tiffany fake smiled.

Both of the girls returned to their task at hand, but at the same time, both of them mumbled something under their breath that people could barely hear.

“.”


ta-da! tiffany is now here 

most of you guys are wondering why i wrote a chapter despite my exams coming up. to be honest, i think i wrote it for stress relief. I've been studying too hard the past couple of days and i just need to take a break. math for 3 hours? yah, i need a break. 

like i said before, exams are starting NEXT week. as of now, i'm pretty safe to say that i will probably not update, but it all depends how the days goes and stuff. after school is over, SUMMAR! 

thanks to saxodust, Dhino_ss and AJKJKryber for upvoting! 

okay, see you next time breads. ya know i luv yu guys right? 

bai