17 Mission: Find Sister

You've Changed


[HANEUL]

recap

Uncle was about to answer when the heart monitor began beeping abnormally. I tensed up.

"W-what... WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" I yelled as I panicked and press the red button beside his bed to call the doctor. Almost immediately, a doctor and 3 other nurse went inside the room checking him whatsoever.

While doing things to him, a nurse pulled us out of the room and now, what I'm staring at is the white door to his room.

I sat back and uncle did the same, neither one of us wanting to speak.

We both stayed silent. I was wondering if this was some kind of dream. I wish I could read Uncle Sooman's mind. What is he thinking?

The door opened up after a few minutes and we immediately stood up.

"His condition is getting worse.  The impact was too much for him to handle. I cannot announce anything... yet. By the way, the patient wants to talk to Sooman-ssi." the doctor said then immediately left.

Uncle went inside the room and I was left there wondering what they were talking about. After a few minutes, Uncle SM left the room and told me to go in.

I opened the door slowly.

"Annyeonghaseyo!!" he smiled brightly at me even at his worst state. He was lying down the bed because he cannot stand up, let alone sit straight.

"Annyeong!" I bowed back. He motioned me to come near his bed and so I did. I noticed his lips pale, also his skin. His face shows dullness.

I frowned, "I was expecting this sooner or later."

"What were you expecting?" he said as he chuckled.

I laughed with him, "Your death, of course." I quickly added, "Just kidding."

He coughed violently, "I-I have something to tell you..." He kept on coughing and I was getting scared. What if he dies infront of me? Nah, he can't die that early. He's still young!

I stammered, "Y-you don't have to tell me now. S-stop talking! Rest!"

"N-no! You h-have to know now..."

"Stop talking!" I yelled at him.

"Y-you... have a... s-sister. H-her name.. is... S-Stephanie--" he didnt manage to tell his whole sentence because he was coughing violently every word.

And that's when I heard the straight line of the heart monitor.

"N-no... NO! UNCLE HANSOO!! WAKE UP!! NO.. No..." I can't believe he just died infront of me. Uncle Hansoo... I will never forget you and how you always managed to make me happy whenever my mom and dad were busy working.

The doctor and nurses came rushing in, attempting to make his heartbeat come back to life. And again, I was pushed out of the room. I managed to escape a few tears...

But then I remembered his last words to me.

Y-you... have a... s-sister. H-her name.. is... S-Stephanie--

I heard it loud and clear but... A sister? I never knew I had a sister...

Now, I had a mission. A mission to find my sister. But all I know is that her name is Stephanie. Uncle Hansoo didnt even manage to tell me her last name.

I sighed.

I felt my phone vibrate. A text message.

from: Baekhyun

Where are you? Someone got into an accident now. Go to the nearest hospital from our dorm.

What?! Another one who got into an accident? In the same hospital?

to: Baekhyun

I'm at the hospital. Room number?

He replied, almost immediately.

from: Baekhyun

Room 1907.


I quickly dashed to the room stated and found her, the leech, on the bed. The other members inside looked at me and I looked at each one of them. I noticed Kyungsoo has a bandaged arm and a scar on his left cheek.

"What happened?" I asked them, looking at Tiffany.

"Kyungsoo oppa was about to be hit by a car and I managed to push him out of the way. For me, it was too late because the car reached me before I could even move so... yeah." Tiffany said.

I nodded, "Thanks for saving Kyungsoo. It could've been a mess if he actually got hit by a car especially that they have promotions next week. I hope you're both okay. I'm just gonna settle the bills." I sniffed, my nose a little bit red from the tears that managed to escape.

I quickly went out of the room because after I have said my thank you speech, they all became silent. Maybe because they were not used to me being all kind and thankey. And the atmosphere was full of awkwardness so yeah, I left the room.

I went to get the bill and info sheet thingy about the patient and noticed Tiffany's original name.

Stephanie Hwang

A thought crossed my mind. Maybe she's my missing sister? Nah, it could've been just a coincidence. But... there's only a few Hwang in South Korea (A/N Let's just pretend, okay? xD I don't really know)

I sighed and puffed my cheeks out. This is going to be harder than I thought.


A/N


triple update!

Yes, I'm trying my best to update while I still can because summer is almost over and I cannot use the internet that much anymore.

//le sigh

I hope you liked it!