Problems to Solutions

Change

Bomi wanted to spend time with Chorong only, to speed up the patching up process, thus she told Eunji and Naeun to go together. Of course, the both of them had different reactions to it - one joy and one upset.

Sitting on a bench in the school, silence overwhelmed them. Between them was nothing but awkwardness. Bomi was just waiting for Chorong to want to talk, while Chorong just could not bring herself to, not even looking at Bomi in the eyes.

For the half an hour of break, they just sat there, hoping that a conversation will be started. But that did not happen, not till the very last minute.

Deciding that there was no more time and Chorong was still not prepared, Bomi initiated, "Chorong ah let's try again till you're ready."

Still not looking back at Bomi, Chorong replied, "I'm sorry." In her heart, she felt more sorry towards Bomi than hurt by her father. There were just so many reasons to be sorry over.

Hoping to make things better by a little skinship, Bomi held Chorong's hand as they walked back to the classroom.

***

"Naeun ah how do you think it's going on between them?" Eunji asked.

"I don't know, just hope they'd be fine," Naeun said. Eunji was physically with her, but mentally thinking so much about ChoMi.

"Eunji, have you all always been so close to one another?" Naeun envied how close-knitted they were.

"We used to be. But now, they're closer to each other than to me," Eunji answered sadly.

"Oh," Naeun said, "It's okay, you have me!" And she meant it.

Eunji just smiled, thinking that it was an innocent sentence. Then she frowned. "Naeun ah, they like each other, right?"

Naeun nodded, causing Eunji to sigh. "I've liked the wrong person."

Yeah you should've loved me, Naeun thought.

***

"How did it go, Bomi?" Eunji asked, now back in class.

"Silence for almost the whole time," Bomi said, a tinge of sadness evident in her voice.

"Don't worry, it'll get better. Give her some time," Eunji comforted.

"Yeah," Bomi replied, "I will wait for her." Honestly, Bomi was not the least happy with the situation between them now. But then again, what could she do about it? Nothing at all. She had no confidence that anything would work out, but she had an essential thing - the only thing she had - perseverence. 

Meanwhile...

"How was it?" Naeun asked Chorong too.

"Well.. silence for almost the whole time. I wanted to speak, I swear I did, but nothing came out. I couldn't even bring myself to look at her. I'm just so sorry for hurting her, for turning our friendship like that," Chorong said.

"It's alright, time will heal everything."

***

It was the same, and day after day they would sit next to each other, embracing the silence together. Then they would end with Bomi saying that the routine would go on, while Chorong would apologise.

Till one day, when another parcel was delivered to Chorong's table. In shock, Chorong's instinctive response was to run to Bomi and hug her. Bomi picked up the parcel and threw it away. "Don't be scared, I will protect you."

It took quite some time before Chorong realised she was hugging Bomi. Blushing slightly, she let go of Bomi and apologised. That was when Chorong realised, the one she was dependent on was still Bomi after all.

That recess, Chorong decided to break the silence. "Bomi ah, could you look away from me?" Bomi was confused, but followed Chorong's instructions anyway.

"Don't look back, just listen to me." Bomi nodded as a reply.

"Yoon Bomi, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I hurt you with my words and actions again and again, and yet I made it seem like you were the one at fault. You always have to deal with my unreasonable actions, acting like nothing's wrong. You waited for me, sitting through all the recesses of silence, just for today. Honestly, I was in pain, very hurt at that. But subsequently, I felt so apologetic towards you, I can't even bring myself to look at you. Even now, I just cant look at you in the face." Bomi wanted to turn, but was stopped by Chorong.

"Yah, I told you not to turn back, else it'd be harder for me to speak. Anyway, I'm just going to tell you the truth now, and you decide for yourself if you still want to stay in my life. When I was young, I was once kidnapped. And the main person was your father. As a child, I was seriously traumatised by your father. And as you know, I have always been especially scared of lightning, and no one cared about me, simply left me in the box shivering from fear. I know, you'd ask why, why would your father do that, right? My answer is that I don't exactly know, but it has something got to do with my father and their business. When I saw your father that day, the flashbacks played like a video. I felt the exact emotions I had during those days I was kidnapped. It put me in further agony that it was your father, and I'm sure Naeun had already told you why. Because I love you, Bomi, ever since we were young. I thought it was a childhood crush, or just the super close friendship we have, but now that we've grown up, I've matured, I realised those feelings were true after all, and they still last now. Like I told you before, I've changed, because of my experiences. I am probably not going to be able to take care of you like the past, because I can't even take care of myself now. I can't protect you, can't give you security. The only thing I can assure you of, is my feelings for you," Chorong struggled to speak as she started becoming overwhelmed with her emotions. "So, what I am asking is, Yoon Bomi, are you still willing to stay by my side, regardless of all these? It doesn't matter if you don't want to.."

By now, Chorong was just standing there like a kid, choking on her tears. Bomi finally turned and approached Chorong.

"Look at me." Mustering all the courage she had lacked, Chorong obeyed.

Putting her hands over Chorong, she told her, "Anytime. Chorong, I'm sorry for what my father had done to you. And you had taken care of me enough last time, now it's my turn. My turn to protect you, to give you security. All I need is for you to trust me. Believe me Chorong, together we will overcome all odds. I will always be here for you."

Both of them stayed in that position for a long time. That moment was just too precious.

***

(At Bomi's house)

"Appa! Why did you do that to Chorong? Do you know how much pain you have caused her?" Bomi was filled with rage, even though it was towards her own father. No one is allowed to hurt my Chorong.

"I had my reasons." For once, Bomi and her father seemed distant.

"Reasons? Probably not valid." Bomi argued back, which got her father angry.

"I told you not to hang out with her."

"I love her, how could I not hang out with her?"

"Since you insist so, then pass me your phone now, and go to your room. From now on, no interacting with her, or else I will not hurt you but her. Trust me, Bomi, I will."

Bomi simply ran to her room and cried. How could he do this to me?


A/N: update! ^^ ChoMi's road is never smooth :/ And Naeun should just say things more directly :(( At her pace, 2eun will take a long time D: Hope yall liked this chapter~

@akumatsubasa Well Bomi does understand but... nah not getting together XD not just yet! Naeun is working haaaaaard :D

@ChristiiChan I hope so :>

@SONEShawolELFDiadem Eunji realises it, but feelings are hard to change right XD

@athousandreveries #MyHiddenShipIsNaRong HAHA their friendship is so cute :> The ship of ChoMi is facing so many difficulties :(

@newauthor if only she could :[