Double Date

Change

The four of them gathered at 10am in the morning, prepared to spend their whole day having fun together. Everyone was excited, and Naeun was not an exception. However, she was rather upset as well, knowing that it was really the last time they would spend time together.

"Guys, thanks so much for agreeing to have this double date at the theme park. It'll be such a great memory for me," Naeun said.

"Yah, you're saying as if you're leaving us for good or something. You're not going anywhere, are you?" Chorong asked.

"Naeun's going America for holiday. For quite some time," Eunji replied, munching on the popcorn she bought the moment they entered the theme park.

"Son Naeun, some friend you are, fancy you not telling us that you're going holiday," Bomi remarked. "So.. when are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow.. Ah I see.." Bomi blurly responded. In contrast to her, Chorong was really sharp. "Tomorrow? Isn't that Eunji's birthday? And you're leaving in the middle of a school term?"

So she's leaving tomorrow. Why on my birthday? Eunji thought. Sadness was almost literally written on her face.

"Uh yeah. Let's stop talking about this and play!" Naeun tried to act enthusiastic, wanting to end the topic. And she succeeded.

Walking around the amusement park, the two couples happily hooked their arms around their respective partners. Abruptly, the ChoMi couple came to a stop. 

"Bomi, I want that," Chorong said kiddishly, pointing at the huge soft toy bear hung at a station. Without a second thought, Bomi replied, "I'll get it for you."

They informed the other couple that they were going to play at that station, which made Naeun notice something too. "Baboji, could you get me that? I love stitch so much."

"Yah, don't be so naive. These games are made to waste your time. We'll never get a prize." 

"Alright," Naeun gave in, pouting slightly. Stitch was her favourite character, and all she wanted was something that would remind her of Eunji when they part.

Bomi listened attentively to the way to win the prize. "So I just need to shoot every balloon in 30 seconds and I'll win any soft toy?"

Thinking that it would be easy, Bomi took up the challenge immediately. However, she just lost five rounds in a row.

"See Naeun, I'd end up like that too," Eunji insisted. Naeun believed, considering that Bomi had lost five times already.

And Chorong was rather convinced it was not possible too. "Bomi ah it's okay, let's go have fun and not waste time and money here."

"Winning something for you is not a waste. I'd do anything and spend all the time I have in the world just to get it for you." Bomi's stubborn personality was something that even Chorong could not overpower.

"Eunji, Naeun, mind taking care of my Chorong first? Y'all have fun, I'll look for y'all later." Both of them nodded, knowing that there was no other choice anyway. 

"Let's go, Chorong."

Walking down the road, Chorong sighed. "I shouldn't have said I wanted it."

"Do you think she'll get it?" Eunji asked

"Honestly, no." Naeun replied.

"I don't think so either," Chorong said, regret being evident in her voice.

"There's candy floss there, let's go get!" Naeun got excited seeing the sales of candy floss.

"I'll wait here, you guys can go buy," Chorong suggested.

"Yeah sit at the bench then, while I go settle the sweet tooth of this girlfriend of mine," Eunji commented. She then left to buy the candy floss, with Naeun skipping happily next to her.

Chorong looked on the floor, feeling extremely bad for wanting the toy. "I should've known she'd go to great extents to get it," she muttered to herself. She felt someone sitting next to her, but paid no attention to it while blaming herself. Well, not until she heard a familiar voice.

"What's making my dear Chorongie so upset?" Chorong finally looked up, and realised that what was sitting beside her was the soft toy bear, and her girlfriend. 

"Surprise!" Bomi shouted, then followed on by giving a wide smile. The smile was the widest and the most genuine one Bomi had made ever since the day she got chased out of house.

"You won it!" Chorong exclaimed, before proceeding to engulf Bomi in a hug and kissing her.

"Of course I did, you had so little faith in me?" 

"I'm sorry hehe," Chorong sheepishly admitted.

"Wow my eyes, Naeun ah let's kiss too," Eunji daringly requested.

"Only if you get me the stitch," Naeun deliberately set the condition. Immediately, Eunji held Naeun's hand and ran back to the station. "See you later guys!"

Bomi and Chorong could not help but laugh at their childhood friend desiring for the kiss so much.

***

Time always flies. Before they knew it, the day has passed. The two couples parted, spending sometime alone with their other half.

Eunji, as usual, sent Naeun home. At her doorstep, Eunji passed the Stitch doll to Naeun.

"Even while you're having fun, remember to think about me, alright?" Eunji asked. After accepting the present, Eunji turned to head home. Although she yearned to spend more time with Naeun, it was getting late and her parents would be worried. 

"Eunji," Naeun called, causing Eunji to stop in her steps. When she turned around, she was surprised as Naeun was right in front of her. Naeun leaned forward and their lips met. 

"The kiss I promised. Bye." Naeun watched as Eunji made her way into the lift. The moment the door closed, Naeun broke down.

===

"Bomi, you gave me a present, and I have one for you too," Chorong told her.

"Yeah?" 

"Wait. We're going somewhere."

"But it's getting late Chorong, you need to rest. Let's go home." Chorong flagged a taxi, and said the address softly to the driver so that Bomi could not hear.

"Where are we going, why so secretive?" Bomi questioned, but was hushed by Chorong.

"Go to sleep. I'll wake you up later." After a while, they arrived.

"Wake up, Bomi." The half-awake Bomi stumbled out of the taxi. Finally opening her eyes completely, she realised where she was - her house.

"Why are we here?"

"Let's go in," Chorong said, pulling Bomi along.

***

Eunji rolled around the bed, refusing to wake up. Though it was her birthday, she would have no one to celebrate with until in the afternoon. She checked her phone, and there was one unread message. 

From: Naeun <3

Dear my beloved Baboji, this would be a surprise to you but I'm really sorry. I can't bring myself to tell you face to face. I'm going to America for good. My family's migrating there. I'm already on my way to the airport, so don't bother looking for me. I'm sorry for leaving you behind and hurting you this way. Whether I would be back or not is uncertain, but either way do not wait for me. Move on, and find someone who would treat you better than I do. I still love you, and I will continue to love you forever. I'm sorry again. Bye.

As Eunji read the text, she started crying terribly. Hurriedly changing into her outdoor clothes, she flagged a taxi and headed to the airport.

Wait for me Naeun, I'm coming for you. I will see you at the airport, right?


A/N: Will Eunji catch Naeun? What's going to happen at Bomi's house? O: whatever it is, #staystrongchomi and #staystrong2eun ! Thanks for reading guys~

@akumatsubasa hahaha i wonder too :(( maybe they're just not meant for each other. D:

@athousandreveries but Naeun has to :( Bomi and Chorong will both be strong together, i hope.

@soshiace9 hahaha good idea, but even if you're the only one who wants it that way, who knows what will happen? :D It's just sad that Naeun has to leave :( ChoMi's love will last long, as long as they get through this^^