Final

Change

"Hello? Hello?" 

"..." Naeun stared at her phone blankly, not being able to find her voice.

"Naeun are you there?"

"O-O-Oh. Erm. Yeah." It was awkward. Neither said a word, but did not hang up as well. They just left the call there, listening to each other's breathing through the phone.

"Uhmmmmmm.." It was getting too awkward for Eunji, so she decided to say something. "Do you... by any chance.... still think the same way as you did yesterday?" Naeun misinterpreted this as the thought of taking advantage of her, so she quickly said a 'no' trying to clear it up.

"Okay." That one word carried so much sadness behind it.

"Eunji ah, do you want to meet? Erm.. There's some stuff I want to say. And I think it's better to say it face to face."

***

"Hi." Both greeted one another, avoiding each other's eyes. Eunji was trying to look past Naeun so that she would seem like she was looking at her. On the other hand, Naeun completely looked away, findling her fingers in nervousness.

"Erm Eunji I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to scare you like that last night.. I, I just lost control. And I didn't mean to ask you to leave your boyfriend i-i-it was j-j-just.."

"Just?"

"Just expressing my pent up emotions." Naeun knew she had to elaborate when she saw Eunji's confused face.

"Look, I loved you and I still do, it so much when I was in America because all I did to spend my days was thinking about you. I felt so guilty to have left you like that, and I missed you so much. Then the day I waited forever for came. I got to come back to Korea, so I happily did thinking I'd be able to get back with you, then I saw you with your boyfriend. I wanted to mend your broken heart, fix back the pieces I shattered, but I saw that instead. I can't even describe how I felt." Naeun was trying really hard to not let her feelings be in control of her. She blinked a few times, getting the tears away. 

"You know, Eunji ah, I hated you so much. I hated how you could move on from me, when all I did was desperately wanting to come back. I hated how you refused to listen to my explanation. Then I realised, I have no right to hate you, not when everything was started by me." Naeun was actually looking away from Eunji, afraid that she could not bring herself to say anything if they had eye contact. But now, she gathered courage and looked up, straight into Eunji's eyes. She had a smile, one that expressed so much hurt within it, but nonetheless a smile. "I realised I deserve it. I deserve every bit of pain I'm feeling right now, because it's not even comparable to what you felt when I left. But y'know, just in case it gets too overwhelming for me one day, I think it would be better to prevent that from happening right now. It hurts more whenever I look at you. You're so attractive I fall for you more every time. Then I have to come to terms that you now have a boyfriend, and it wouldn't be this way if I had treat you better."

Eunji stared blankly, everything was pretty hard to grasp at the moment. Then Naeun stood up.

"I will try to move on, Eunji. If this goes on, I don't know when I'll lose control of myself. I won't bug you anymore. I will only find you again after I have moved on." Naeun's voice was really shaky right now. "Who knows? Maybe at that time you'll be married and have cute little kids, remember to let me be their godmother, hmm? Till next time, I wish you all the best."

Without waiting for a reply, Naeun walked away. Her heart ached so much at what she had just said, but she knew it was better for everyone that way. She stopped a few steps later, as her wrist was tugged, causing her to turn and fall right into Eunji's arms. "I'll break up with him."

"Huh?" With tears running down her cheeks, Naeun was so distraught she could not hear clearly. 

"I said I'll break up with InGuk oppa, Naeun ah." Eunji hugged the younger girl even tighter, Naeun felt so small and weak to her at the moment. "Didn't you say you want to mend my heart? How would you be able to do that if you were to just walk away like that?"

The replies came in the form of sobs, which made Eunji to be in a lost and unsure of what to do. She stood there with Naeun in her arms, awkwardly patting on Naeun's back.

***

"Naeun ah."

"Hmmm?" The two were now just seated somewhere, with who-knows-what scenery, but it did not matter. With the right person, anywhere would make a great place.

"I love you." 

Naeun looked into Eunji's eyes. She was so delighted and touched to hear that again. "Say that again."

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you." That was the final time before Eunji cupped Naeun's face and their lips collided.

A perfect moment for both.

Then they part, still looking into each other's eyes so ever lovingly. It was then that Naeun replied, "I love you too."

The years Eunji waited to say those three words genuinely. The years Naeun waited to hear those three words from her one and only beloved.

And now, these can happen anytime, anywhere.

 


 

"Yah Bbom ah, couldn't you at least give me a hint of where we're going?" Chorong said in an annoyed tone. She was actually dying of anticipation, not having the slightest clue about where they were heading to.

"Wait a little longer, we're reaching." 

"That's what you've been saying for the past fifteen minutes at least!"

"I love you." Somehow, that was all that was needed to keep Chorong quiet.

***

"We're here, give me a moment while I go open the door and help you out."

"Can't I just take this out?"

"Two minutes. Just two minutes more, please?" They were already at the entrance, all that was left was to go in.

***

Bomi removed the blindfold, finally allowing Chorong's vision to scan and see where they were. However, since it was dark, Chorong could not see clearly, not to mention that the blindfold made it worse. "Yah you-"

Chorong was silenced as the lights suddenly came on, revealing that they were in a theme park. "What's with this? Why are we in an amusement park at this hour?"

"I booked this place down for something really special today. We'll part here now, Chorong ah. I know you have many questions right now, but just follow the path there, hmm? Hopefully I'll see you later." Without saying another word, Bomi walked away nervously, her heart beating really fast. It was a bet, no one knew what would happen later on.

Chorong was left there, watching Bomi walk away, unable to grasp anything that was going on. She decided to go with what Bomi told her, to follow the path. Within a few steps, Chorong stopped where there was a screen. She stared at it as it was switched on and Bomi appeared on the screen. A smile was subconsciously formed on her face.

"Ah, ah, ah. This is working right?" Chorong chuckled at how Bomi was being really like herself even in the video. "Ahem. Chorong, you must be really confused right now, right? This is part of Bomi's genius projects kekekeke. There will be a few stops, but promise me regardless of anything you have to go right till the end, okay?"

The girl viewing the video had a smile on her face and was prepared to walk on when she heard Bomi's voice from the video again. "Ah! Chorong ah. I know you're scared of the dark, so I got them to on the lights for the entire route."

Hearing those words and seeing a sweet smile on the screen, Chorong felt really touched, although it was just a small gesture. She said softly, "Thank you, Bbom ah."

She soon arrived at the first stop. Just like before, there was a screen set up, and Bomi appeared again. "Congrats on reaching here! Hehe, you're going to see me everywhere. Chorong ah, look around, you notice that we're at the children section right? Merry-go-rounds, dumbos, the swing thing. So the theme of this corner is 'Childhood'! Do you remember when the three of us became best friends? You were always the most mature among us, and always took care of us even though we're actually the same age. We were all small little kids, Eunji and I would cry all day while you barely did. But when there was thunder.."

Bomi didn't actually finish her sentence, the clip cut off right there. However, Chorong completed it herself. "I'd go into a corner crying and you'd come and comfort me."

Following the route, Chorong stopped where the next screen was. "Ahem ahem. Chorongie~~ Look behind you! Jjajjan!"

What was on the ground was a few boxes of strawberry pockys, arranged in a shape of a heart. "Ah~ Don't keep staring there, Bbomi here needs your attention too!"

It was as if Bomi could predict Chorong's actions so well. "Hehe, do you remember strawberry pockys? They've always been your favourite, and that's also what made you talk to us again. I've formed a heart shape with them, which represents how you have walked into my heart. Do remember to pick them up as you leave okay?"

Chorong turned to pick up the boxes, thankful that she had the habit of bringing a plastic bag with her. Random snippets of their school life was re-appearing in her head, as she remembered how she tried to ignore her best friends, as well as how her relationship with Bomi had gone through quite a bit then.

Soon after was the next stop. This time, a book was placed in front of the screen. Just as Chorong was staring blankly wondering about the book, the screen lit up. "Hey, this is the last stop. The book you see is a diary - my diary. Ever since you moved in, I knew things were getting more serious between us, and I started writing a diary. I pen down the special things we do, the quality time we spent together, and also the times we had little arguments. Now that I think about it, it was quite stupid of us to fight over those stuff. Anyway, the road splits ahead. Even if you didn't just now, I'm sure you know by now where this whole event is heading. If your answer is 'Yes', then head towards the ferris wheel. Of course, you could choose 'No' and just walk out through the other path. I hope to see you there, Chorong ah."

Picking up the diary, a small smile was brought across Chorong's face as she browsed through it.

"Dear Diary, this is my first entry. From today onwards, Chorong will be moving in! I am so excited. What's even better is that we got into the same university! I hope we'll not become too busy, or preferably the same course so we'll still be able to meet each other quite a lot. Ah, the doorbell just rang, it must be her. I'll write again soon, bye!"

"Dear Diary, I just argued with Chorong again this morning, and we had cold war throughout the entire day. It's already nine right now but she's still out. I'm quite worried about her safety. :/  I hope she comes back soon, I miss her so much already. I will definitely apologise to her later, hopefully our problem would be solved. Wish me all the best! That's all for today, goodnight!"

Then she flipped to the last entry that was made.

"Dear Diary.. I'm really down today. I fought with Chorong over Namjoo and she moved out. I really wanted to just hug her right there and apologise to her, but my pride just wouldn't let me. I watched as she left with her belongings. All I want to do is to message her an apology right now and tell her how much I miss her, but at the same time I wished she'd apologise first.. What do I do?? I should've kept her back.. Guess I'll apologise to her tomorrow. I'll go sleep it off for now. Goodnight."

Chorong's eyes were brimmed with tears as she read them, she vaguely recalled that major argument, and how she headed to Bomi's office the next day, ready to make things right. She remembered the beautiful moments they shared during their university times. Holding the diary tight, she ran.

***

Bomi paced around, rubbing her hands nervously as she waited. It was a little longer than she expected. Did Chorong turn and walk out? She started to worry.

A while later, she heard footsteps. She turned around, expectant. Within seconds following the footsteps, was a girl - her beloved - running towards her. She smiled, her nervousness fading away as the girl came crashing towards her, arms wrapped around her shoulder. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around the girl's waist.

Bomi's mind was clouded with happiness, she could not think straight. It took her a little while, but as she came back to reality she let go of the older girl. "Ah, just a moment."

Bomi struggled a little to take a box out of her pocket. Then she knelt down in front of the other, opening the box as she asked, "I know I am clumsy, careless, and stupid. I am not the perfect partner every girl would want to have, but I love you, I really do. So Park Chorong, dear angel that fell from the sky, would you marry me?" Her hands shaking slightly, she still could not quite believe that Chorong did appear in front of her there after all.

So there was a scene where one was proposing to the other, and the standing girl had a hand covering , touched by whatever that had just happened. A couple of tears got involved, but the older girl never forgot to respond. "Yes, yes I would."

Quickly getting up, Bomi put the ring on Chorong's finger and gently wiped the tears away before leaning in. The kiss was a sweet one, but was abruptly stopped by Bomi.

"Why?" Chorong gave a confused look, while Bomi only smiled sheepishly back.

"I only booked this place till ten, and it's about time right now. If we leave later than that.." Truth be told, the whole event cost Bomi a bomb, and she would want to avoid any extra charges. Holding Chorong's hand, she said, "Let's go."

***

The two actually headed home, but decided to take a small walk at the park near their house before going back. Their fingers were entwined firmly as they walked down the stretch of the road that was lighted by the street lamps and the moon.

"Bbom ah."

"Yes?"

"May I ask you a question?"

"Mmhmm."

"Why didn't you write more after the day we had our big fight?" Chorong was so sure the things that happened after that were worth writing as well.

Bomi stopped walking and turned towards Chorong, who did likewise. The former looked into the other's eyes lovingly, still trying to digest the fact that the girl in front of her had accepted her proposal. "Because I didn't like how our story was going. I didn't like how things didn't seem right."

Just like before, Bomi leaned in, letting their lips touch. This was another sweet one, slightly passionate, but contained a lot more of the pure and genuine love they had for each other.

They parted when the timing felt just right. It was just a kiss, but still a satisfying moment for them. Bomi then continued, "But I like how it will be going from now. We're going to open another chapter of our lives, and it's going to be really beautiful, just like you. Let's write it together, baby."

Their eyes just could not leave each other's, as they stared at each other with love. Chorong smiled and nodded. "Let's."

 


A/N: So... this story has ended >< This chapter should've came so much earlier, right? I'm sorry for the delay in this :(

I hope through the course of writing this story you guys have enjoyed it~

Do comment on your thoughts about this story as a whole!

I still have another story, so please do support that as well~ and also to the future ones if I do write more! :)

Thank you for the votes, subscribes, comments and simply viewing! ♡