We Can Do It

Change

The bell rang, signalling recess time. Immediately, Eunji turned to Naeun, wanting to spend recess with her. Although Naeun noticed this, she looked to Chorong and wanted to go with Chorong. Aware of Eunji's intentions, Chorong told Naeun, "Remember I won the competition? I'll do something for you now. That is to let you and Eunji spend time together."

"But I want to talk to you," Naeun whined, not agreeing with the idea.

"We can talk later in class, or after school. Bye Naeun, fighting!" With that, Chorong skipped towards Bomi, hooked her hand around hers and left the classroom. Naeun sighed. It was going to be awkward. Giving Eunji a look which signalled "Let's go." , she walked out of the class. Suddenly, she felt fingers interlaced with hers. It was Eunji. Her heart fluttered slightly at the contact, but she showed no expression. And to Eunji, being allowed to hold hands with Naeun was more than enough.

"Naeun ah, I'll treat you to food."

"There's no need for you to."

"Accept it please? It's step one to my apology," Eunji pleaded.

"Alright, alright." Sitting at a corner rather separated from others, the two treasured their time together.

While walking back to class, Eunji finally spoke up. "Naeun, from now on I will protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you again, not like the way I did."

Seeing the tears that were mildly forming in Eunji's eyes, Naeun had no doubts in Eunji's sentence. Actually, Naeun's heart had already went to Eunji. The only problem is that she was too afraid to be hurt again. Once bitten, twice shy.

***

"Bomi ah let's go~ Naeun and Eunji will spend their recess together," Chorong said, hooking her hands around Bomi's.

Although Chorong was rather excited, Bomi's mood was one more of serious, or worried. Noticing that, Chorong asked, "What's wrong, Bomi ya?"

"Nothing," Bomi replied with a fake smile, not wanting to dampen Chorong's mood.

"Hey, don't lie to me," Chorong said with a slightly angry tone. She knew it would definitely work on Bomi.

Bomi sighed. She could never hide anything from Chorong. "It's nothing much, just wondering how we're going to settle my dad. Ever since that day you appeared at my house, he hasn't threatened or stopped me from hanging out with you, but he hasn't talked to me either." Bomi's voice cracked towards the end of her sentence as tears were threatening to fall. It upset her very much that her close-knitted relationship with her father had turned into like that.

Putting her hands on Bomi's face, she wiped off the tears that fell over Bomi's cheeks. Thereafter, Chorong held Bomi's hand and squeezed it. "I'm sorry Bomi ya. Don't cry and cheer up, we will get through this together."

In Chorong's mind, she was equally upset as well. Why is it that we truly love each other yet there are so many obstacles? It's so tough on both of us. It's okay for me, but why must our love affect Bomi like that? She thought. Not wanting Bomi to realise that she was sad as well, she decided to lighten the mood. "Bomi ah," she called.

"Hmm?" Bomi turned towards Chorong. Seizing the opportunity when Bomi would not expect anything, Chorong leaned closer to Bomi and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"You look beautiful even when you're crying," Chorong complimented. "But you look even better smiling, so don't be sad already, okay? I love you and I will love you no matter what."

Bomi cheeks turned red at the sudden kiss and compliment. Embarrassed, she looked away. Her heart was beating extremely fast now, as she thought about the kiss.

"Anyway," Chorong continued, "Your father's just concerned about you. There's no parents in the world who do not love their children. Just treasure it okay? At least you've got parents whom you can meet everyday, my parents, they're divorced, and one's working overseas and the other's gone with another man."

Bomi was rather shocked, as Chorong had never mentioned about her parents before. She never knew that Chorong's father worked overseas, nor had she known that Chorong's mother had remarried. But those were not pleasant things to talk about anyway.

The two were in their own little world, what they did not know was that from a corner, someone had already taken several photos of them.

***

The moment Bomi entered the house, her mother told her that her father was looking for her. As she went into her own room, she was greeted by her father, who had a rather stern look on his face.

"I heard you're looking for me. Is there anything?" Bomi asked.

Emptying the contents from an envelope next to him, he took out a few photographs. Handing them to Bomi, he said, "As you can see, these are photos with you inside. One of that girl holding hands with you, another of her touching your face, and the last of her kissing you. I see you two have became so much closer now."

"Dad I-" Bomi tried to explain, but was given no chance to do so at all.

"Haven't I already warned you to not stay so close to her? Are you doubting the truth in my words? Just because I haven't said anything these days does not mean I have changed my opinion."

"But Dad-"

"No but-s, my dear. Try continuing being like that and you'll see what will happen." Without even letting Bomi to respond, he left the room. Bomi fell onto the ground, as her legs gave way from all the frustration. This was the end. 

Chorong's POV

I just reached home when I received a message from Bomi. Reading the message, my heart totally broke.

From: Bomi

Chorong, I really don't think it's possible for us to continue anymore. No doubt we love each other sincerely, but I can't take the risk of you being hurt by my father. If you were going to be hurt just because of our love, then I'll rather that we don't get together. I cannot stand it anymore, worrying that my father would do something to you one day. Please know that I love you, but circumstances just don't allow us to be together. Let's end this, Chorong.

Not only was I heartbroken, I was actually furious towards her. Without thinking rationally, I sent a reply that was absolutely controlled my feelings.

To: Bomi

This just shows your doubt in our love, you think that it's not strong enough to withstand all the pain. I guess you just don't love me as much as I love you. Whatever that your father would do to me might hurt, but don't you realised that giving up and telling me all these stuff would hurt me even more? As long as I have you, I would not be afraid of your father at all. But since you want to end this, then let's do that. I love you, but I am really disappointed in you now.

After sending that message, I went to my room and pushed everything off the table as a form of rage. As I thought about what had just happened, tears fell and I hit the wall several times with my fist in frustration. Blood streamed down from my knuckles but I did not care about it. The pain I had in my heart was much more than that from my hand.

Bomi's POV

I got her reply.

From: Chorong

This just shows your doubt in our love, you think that it's not strong enough to withstand all the pain. I guess you just don't love me as much as I love you. Whatever that your father would do to me might hurt, but don't you realised that giving up and telling me all these stuff would hurt me even more? As long as I have you, I would not be afraid of your father at all. But since you want to end this, then let's do that. I love you, but I am really disappointed in you now.

I cried while reading it. I just could not imagine how much pain I had just inflicted upon her. I was very confused and conflicted, unsure as to whether to persevere on or to give way to my father was the right option.

To: Chorong

I did not doubt it at all.. And I'm sorry for giving up so easily. I'm just really confused right now, which was a better option? My father does not seem like he's going to give way, it makes me feel like we just have to.. Or both of us will suffer a lot, for the 10% chance of getting together. It's worth it for me, but not for you.

 Chorong's POV

By the time she replied, I was able to think rationally already. I was upset, but I had to try to understand from her perspective, right? I felt bad for reacting like that, and I definitely have to do something to make it up to her.

To: Bomi

I'm sorry, I should've thought from your perspective before I replied. If that much suffering for that 10% chance is worth it for you, then let's try it since I think it's worth it as well. I know what's upcoming would not be pleasant, especially for me since I'm your father's target, but it's fine for me. I can take it, both physically and mentally, as long as you are here. Bomi, let's persevere. Show him our determination.


A/N: You guys have waited long for 2eun's moments right? Here it is~ And ChoMi has to stay strong all the way x:

@sparklinghealthykid yep finally^^ and they're moving on well! (:

@akumatsubasa I hope they can patch up 100% asap as well~

@athousandreveries yeah the sad truth haha. but yeah, it has shown that Eunji learnt through mistakes, and Naeun is forgiving her too! :) 

@ChristiiChan she will^^