I Still Love You

Change

"Naeun ah, I'm sorry.." Chorong said to her table partner. Today, Naeun did not look quite right. She was messier than usual in terms of appearance, and very often she was just spacing out. Seeing her like that, Chorong felt extremely guilty, for Naeun did not have to tell her the truth.

"Nah, I'm fine," Naeun said.

"No you're not. You know, you did not have to tell me the truth, especially since..." Chorong was cut off by Naeun.

"Nope, as a friend I had to."

"But-"

"It's okay. I should not have done that in the first place anyway. She was just using me." Naeun was hurting terribly on the inside, but she tried to hide it to the best of her abilities.

Chorong started laughing, to which Naeun cast her strange looks. She explained, "It's just funny how we're so similar."

"In what way?"

"We both like to pretend like we're fine," Chorong continued, "And the thing is, Naeun ah, I know you're not."

Naeun simply smiled faintly.

(meanwhile..)

Bomi and Eunji had been sitting next to each other in silence for the entire day up till now. On Bomi's part, she was furious that a friend they had known for so long would do such a thing, but yet at the same time she felt bad. Had she not neglected Eunji, none of this would have happened either. On the other hand, Eunji felt embarrassed to have done something like that.

"Eunji, shall we have a talk later?" Eunji just looked at Bomi, then nodded.

***

"I'm sorry, Eunji."

"Why do you have to be sorry?"

"I should have known. I should have gave you more attention. You've always been my side yet I kept neglecting you."

"Nope, it's not your fault. Blame myself for loving the wrong person. And even so, it was wrong of me to do that. I.. I just wanted Chorong to stick with you less."

Chorong, who overheard the conversation, walked to them. "Eunji ah."

Eunji looked away, not knowing how to face Chorong. But soon she felt a pair of hands wrapping around her body. "It's okay, I understand why you did that. I'm sorry for taking Bomi away from you."

Turned Eunji such that the latter is facing her, Chorong asked, "You feel guilty, right?" Eunji nodded, still looking away.

Eunji's POV

Chorong turned me and now I am facing her. "You feel guilty, right?"

I nodded. I definitely did. She continued, "The best way you can make it up to me, is to patch up with Naeun and treasure her, Eunji. Change her back into the sweet loving girl she was." 

I thought over Chorong's words. She was right. I have done so much wrong to Naeun.

"Alright, I will."

***

"Go Eunji, go!" Pushing Eunji towards Naeun, Chorong and Bomi encouraged. Eunji stumbled but managed to get her balance back before crashing into Naeun. 

"Na-Na-Na-Naeun ah, l-l-let's t-t-talk," Eunji stuttered. Naeun's face lit up for a very short moment when hearing Eunji's voice. But that moment did not last long at all.

"Talk? There's nothing to talk about," Naeun replied in a cold tone. With that, she walked away, leaving behind Eunji, who was now crying. Witnessing this from the corner, Chorong signalled Bomi to help Eunji. "I will chase after Naeun," she said.

"Eunji ah, don't cry.." Bomi said, in an attempt to comfort Eunji. However, Eunji simply wailed more.

"All I wanted was to make things better.. Why did I spoil our friendship in the first place? Bomi, I realised how much Naeun means to me now. But she doesn't want to talk to me anymore, what do I do?" Eunji confessed, sniffing excessively throughout her sentences. 

Although her friend was depressed, Bomi smiled. "That's the true love you've been seeking for, Eunji. Go and work hard for it, don't give up. Things will become better."

(meanwhile..)

"Naeun ah, hold up!" Chorong shouted from afar, but Naeun continued running. Tears of confusion were now rolling down Naeun's face. Why was Eunji suddenly acting like that?

Naeun soon disappeared from Chorong's side, but after searching around, Chorong found her leaning against the wall at a corner, hugging her knees crying. That vulnerable side of Naeun was one that Chorong never saw, and seeing her like that made Chorong feel equally miserable. Stopping in front of Naeun, Chorong embraced her.

"Eunji's trying to apologise, my dear. She feels really bad about it," Chorong explained.

"I don't need her apology. I want her out of my life," Naeun babbled like a baby.

"Like real. You just need time. Actually, you just need Eunji," Chorong teased. After staying in that position for a while, Naeun was finally done from crying. As she stood up, Chorong held both her hands and looked into her eyes. "Trust me, Naeun, I promise you Eunji will make you happy from now on."

Naeun looked at Chorong with doubtful eyes, but with a hand squeeze by Chorong, Naeun was more convinced. She did not trust Eunji yet, but she trusted Chorong. A lot.

***

That day, when Naeun returned home, Eunji had sent her a message.

From: Eunji
Naeun.. you okay? I'm sorry... to have hurt your feelings so much. I was too self-absorbed, but now I realised how important you are to me, Naeun ah. Let's start all over again, please? I'm really sorry, I will do anything for you to forgive me..

Naeun stared at the message, contemplating if she should reply. Recalling Chorong's promise, she decided to reply. A cold reply though.

To: Eunji
No, I'm not okay. Not at all. Do you actually expect me to be okay?

Eunji's POV

My phone rang. She replied, she replied! I quickly unlocked my phone, but all my excitement died when I read her reply.

From: Naeun
No, I'm not okay. Not at all. Do you actually expect me to be okay?

I was about to just give up, thinking that she would never forgive me, but I received another message.

From: Naeun
If you want to redeem yourself, then convince me and gain my trust again. Just warning you, a broken trust is difficult to regain.

There was no need to hesitate anymore. This was my chance.

To: Naeun
If you're willing to give the opportunity, I'm willing to try! I will show you how much I treasure you.

Naeun's POV

From: Eunji
If you're willing to give the opportunity, I'm willing to try! I will show you how much I treasure you.

I smiled to myself. Maybe what Chorong said was true after all. I will wait to see, Eunji. I still love you, afterall.


A/N: An update more 2eun-centred, finally ^^ Hope you guys like it! I'm glad to see that Eunji finally takes a better look at Naeun :)

@athousandreveries haha, because mistakes are what make people learn (: ChoMi better stay strong while their relationship faces so many difficulties haha

@SONEShawolELFDiadem haha really? someone guessed it when I first wrote about the mysterious 'gift'!

@ChristiiChan haha now you know what happened to 2un (:

@newauthor she's just an immature child I guess, she's really learnt a lot now! ChoMi facing obstacles everywhere ><

@akumatsubasa I hope Chorong and Bomi could work things out too. And 2eun as well :D