Years Later

Change

It's when you stay together and spend lots of time together that you start to have conflicts.

 

"Yah Yoon Bomi, who exactly is that Kim Namjoo person? I'm sure there's something going on between you two." Chorong confronted.

"How many times do I have to say that she's just a colleague?"

"A colleague? She's always with you when I go to fetch you! I didn't know colleagues do that."

"It's just on the way! It's not like you don't know my office only has one exit."

"On the way? Yoon Bomi, you dare to say on the way? I bet she deliberately leaves the office at the same time as you! Do you even notice the way she touches you? Even I don't touch you like that everytime we walk. I dare say she likes you and can't wait for both of us to break up!"

"Park Chorong, can't you be more reasonable? The way she touch me is just skinship between friends. It is nothing compared to the hugs and other skinship we share all the time! And what about you? The few times I went to your office, you seem so close to that Im Hyunsik dude. Are you two together?" Bomi was really at the peak of her anger, considering that it was the few rare times she called Chorong by her full name.

"It's different!"

"How's it different? Both are colleagues."

"He's a guy for goodness sake! You know very well I'm not interested in guys."

"You know very well I'm not interested in Namjoo!"

"No I don't! Look, you're even arguing with me over her. Obviously there's something going on between you two."

"You were the one who started arguing with me first!"

"That's it Bomi, I'm leaving this house. I'm going to shift back to my own one."

"Go ahead, do as you please."

Chorong had shifted into Bomi's house ever since they went into university. It had been a few years since they started their relationship. Although it had always been a rocky path for their relationship, things had never gone as serious as this. None of them ever allowed their conflicts to reach so far. In fact, they had barely even shout at each other before.

Now, the raging Chorong acted by impulse and declared that she was going to leave the house. Being someone who had always taken responsibility for every word that came out of , she started packing her stuff. Seeing that, Bomi felt a bit guilty about what she had just said. However, even so, she did not want to lose. She felt that Chorong was the unreasonable one so she had to be the one to apologise. Thus, she let Chorong go ahead and watched as her girlfriend stepped out of the doorstep.

***

It was at night. It had been an hour since Bomi laid down on her bed, but she was unable to fall asleep. She was constantly checking her phone, hoping for Chorong to contact her.

"Why did I say that to her?" Regret hit her late. Bomi ruffled her hair in self-annoyance. Picking up her phone, she searched for Chorong's contact and typed a message.

To: Rong~ <3

Rong ah, I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier today. I miss you so much, come back would you?

She stared at the message, hesitant to press the send button. In the end, she just locked her phone and threw it aside. She just knew it would be a long night for her, since she would not be able to sleep at all.

Meanwhile, Chorong had been fidgetting all the while. She would roll around in bed, then get up to stare out of the window, only to get back to bed soon after. She took out her phone and looked at the wallpaper. It was a photo of Bomi kissing her by the cheek. She placed her finger over Bomi's face and caressed it. Softly, she said to herself, "I miss you, Bbom ah."

As much she hated to admit it, she missed Bomi terribly. Not being able to see Bomi before she slept felt like the whole sky was falling on her. However, she was still angry at Bomi, so she refused to contact Bomi at all. In fact, she expected Bomi to apologise, but the message never came. 

***

"In Guk oppa, shall we go? We don't want to be late for our reservation at the restaurant," Eunji said. In Guk was a senior whom Eunji met in university. He had a liking for her since the first time he met her, but Eunji had rejected him several times. However, with Bomi and Chorong's help and encouragement, Eunji managed to get over Naeun and try to accept another relationship.

"Okay dear let's go." The two of them linked arms and left the office. Arriving at the restaurant, they placed their order.

"Oppa I'll go to the toilet first."

***

"Yookyung ah!" Naeun shouted, running to the girl she had not seen in years.

"Welcome back Naeunnie~"

"Yah! I told you not to call me that!"

"Okay okay let's go! I made a reservation at a restaurant. It's pretty new but the food there is so good that the queue always reaches ten roads away." Naeun smiled at how her cousin never changed, always as sarcastic as ever.

It did not take too long for them to reach the restaurant.

"Yookyung ah let's use the toilet first." When they were done and about to leave to enter the restaurant, in came a girl. Naeun's jaw dropped upon seeing that girl's face.

"E-E-Eunji?" Similarly, shock was evident on Eunji's face as well.

"Yookyung ah, go in first, I'll join you later," Naeun said softly to Yookyung, who nodded her head and left quickly.

"So... What are you doing here? How's life?" Naeun started the conversation, hoping to have a mini catchup session.

"Life's great. I'm here with my boyfriend, we're having dinner together," Eunji said in a very casual tone. She felt like all the years of trying to get over Naeun was wasted, yet she did not want to show anything so she tried to act normal.

"B-B-B-Boyfriend?"

"Yeah, boyfriend. Well how about you? I see you've got another girl."

"Er no actually she-" Naeun was about to explain that she had never ever moved on and would never ever want another lover. However, Eunji was afraid of hearing anything at all, so she gave a smile and abruptly mentioned, "Oh he's waiting for me. I got to go. See you another time!"

Then she left, leaving behind Naeun, lost and unaware of what to do. That means there's no chance for me anymore. She has a partner now, plus she's straight.


A/N: Did y'all get your predictions right? ChoMi's having some trouble now (and perhaps it's going to get bigger? :D) and 2eun met again.. Let's hope they'll all be fine!~ #staystrongchomi #staystrong2eun #staystrongnaeun xD

Anyway, thanks for commenting and supporting guys! Y'all have no idea how much all these keep me going with the fic ><

@akumatsubasa haha, you probably left my previous update out ^^ well.. chomi IS still together in a sense >< and 2eun.. perhaps they will :)

@mayounooo hahaha I can literally imagine that happening it real life for some reason xD

@sparklinghealthykid Naeun is back.. but T_T

@milkcafe half right about Eunji, and ChoMi...

@athousandreveries haha things like that might happen :) close friends are always the best <3

@apinkjejlover judging from your name you must be really sad about Eunji D: but what to do, Eunji has another lover now o:

@ckaz99 they are, just different situation xD haha you're right! and yeah they will appear soon~ (namjoo already did). no hajoo intended though!

@panJYsone /applauds for you in finding out/ hahaha :) i hope so too!