Slight Advancement

Change

"You're finally awake, Rong."

The girl lying on the bed turned slightly to face Bomi. She observed the features of Bomi, from the eyes to the nose, then to the mouth and the face as a whole. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Chorong you don't recognise me anymore?"

"You are...?" Bomi could almost literally feel her heart break. Her childhood friend, her bestfriend, her lover. Whichever it was, it hurt her badly that Chorong had forgotten her.

At that moment, the door came flying open and entered Naeun with the doctor. Bomi got up from her seat and ran to Naeun, throwing her entire body towards the latter. "Naeun ah, she doesn't recognise me anymore.."

The doctor checked on Chorong and told them that all she needed was rest. While continuing to hug Bomi, Naeun decided to ask the doctor, "My friend here says the patient doesn't recognise her anymore, may I ask why is it so?"

"Since the patient was involved in a car accident, the impact might have caused her to forget some things. Such happening is not uncommon for this kind of situation, but it depends on the individual. Some people forget things from a few hours prior to the accident, some people forget a few years worth of memories, and some only forget things that have hurt them greatly. Like, the things that they don't want to remember."

"Will she ever remember?"

"Like I said, it depends a lot on the individual. She might remember after some time, or maybe she would never ever do so."

"Thank you, doctor."

"You're welcome. Call me again if there's anything." With a nod from Naeun, the doctor left.

Bomi dried up her tears and approached the now awake girl. The girl was now staring at Bomi, confused at what's happening. 

"Chorong ah, I'm your girlfriend, Bomi." This news sent Chorong widening her eyes.

Naeun took a step forward and introduced herself as well. Surprisingly, Chorong had a different reaction. She muttered to herself a couple of times, "Naeun...". Her face lit up as she thought of something. "Son Naeun, right? Deskmate.. America.. Eunji."

"You remember Eunji?" 

"Oh yeah. Eunji. Where did that name come from? Let me think..." Silence is all there was for that moment, until Chorong figured something out. "Jung Eunji. Childhood friend. Right?"

The two of them just stood there in shock that Chorong could remember all these. Hopeful, Bomi asked her, "How about me? Do you remember me?"

"Bomi... Bomi.. Sorry, I can't remember."

"Think harder?" Bomi frowned slightly at the fact that Chorong could remember them but not her.

Chorong did as she was told. However, suddenly, she started pulling her hair and emitting her dolphin-pitched screams. She shook her head violent and begun hitting it. Worried and appalled by Chorong's actions, Bomi held Chorong's hands away down and hugged Chorong tightly, restricting the latter's movement. With tears rolling down her cheeks like it had for the past day or more, Bomi told her, "If it hurts you so much to think, then don't think anymore. We'll just forget everything and form new memories."

It took a while for Chorong to stop struggling in Bomi's arms. When it actually did happen, Bomi let go of the girl. "I will go home to change a new set of clothes before coming back."

"Bomi ah," Naeun held her hand, stopping her from walking. She knew that it was just an excuse, Bomi was going somewhere to cry. Turning around, Bomi gave her a faint smile. "I'll be fine, just need some time alone."

As much as Naeun was unwilling to let go, she knew it was for the better for Bomi. She let her go, telling her to call if she needed anything or anyone. And now, it was only Chorong and Naeun in the ward.

"Where's Eunji?"

"She's busy now, perhaps she'll come later."

"Oh. How's the two of you getting along?"

"Erm... I doubt you remember this but we've broken up. Y'know, I kinda left her." Naeun bit her lip to stop herself from tearing.

"Oh.. right. So sorry." Chorong mentally blamed herself for forgetting such an important thing and asking a stupid question.

"It's okay. Actually, now that I'm back, I really want to get back with her. But she has a boyfriend now."

"You should just tell her how you feel. You'll never know what might happen."

"I tried, she just never wants to listen to me."

"Push her onto a wall and kiss her." This joke of Chorong made Naeun stare at her, but the former just laughed it off. "Kidding. Just shout at her or something. As far as I can remember, she always had a soft spot for that."

"Maybe I'll try.. Thanks Chorong. You should rest now, go to sleep."

"Yah, I just woke up after who knows how long and you want me to sleep again? Let's talk."

"About?"

"Bomi. Since she said she was my girlfriend, then she must have been someone very important to me. If that's really true, then why did I forget everything about her?"

"Y'know, the doctor said that "Some only forget things that have hurt them greatly. Like, the things that they don't want to remember." I'm sure she's feeling guilty to have hurt you, and probably feeling like you don't want to remember her."

"Naeun, could you tell me everything about Bomi, and whatever happened between us? Please?" The story begun. The long story which dated back till years ago. It was, however, not exactly complete, since there was a certain limit to how much Naeun knew. ".... While you were lying here unconscious, she cried so much. So much I thought, how could anyone have so much tears to shed? She had so much regret in her, for not trusting you, for not listening to you at all. She even said that as long as you wake up, she would let you do anything to punish her, and she would surely make it up to you."

"How could I have forgot about her.." Just as she said that, Eunji appeared, together with Bomi.

"Chorong ah, I'm so glad to see you awake."

Chats went on as usual, until Chorong asked Eunji to get coffee. It was a weird request, but it was on purpose after all. She signalled for Naeun to follow her, mouthing the word "hwaiting". The two exited from the room. Chorong's eyes fell upon Bomi, who had been looking so down since forever. She could see that Bomi was being a crybaby again.

"Bomi ah." Only sobs were heard.

"Yoon Bomi." The girl who was called still made no response. Chorong decided to manually shift Bomi's face so that she was looking at her.

Their eyes locked. For the first time in days, the look they expressed through their eyes weren't hatred nor anger. It was, however, not that much of love either. Not as much as it used to be.

"Yoon Bomi. I'm sorry." Chorong said, as a single tear ran down from her eye. She might have forgotten quite a lot, but she still felt bad, guilty and all the negative emotions. She was clearly aware of how much she had hurt Bomi as well.


A/N: Hmm... Is this chapter good news or not? Wanted to update this and post first chapter for Crystal yesterday, but I have no time sobs. But I stayed awake to complete this chapter!! :) Hope you guys like it. Crystal's first chapter will come soon, hopefully tomorrow or the day after. Are you guys excited to find out what is going to happen between 2eun who went out to "get coffee"? And chomi too, now that Chorong had apologised.

@akumatsubasa a little less problems now :) hopefully Eunji will really let Naeun talk to her.

@troublemaker92 sort of, I guess ><

@snsdtwinkle I actually kinda read up on amnesia and what I described doesn't really fit exactly well into it but yea >< It'll be weird if she's totally fine I suppose. Regret always comes late, fanfic or irl lol. Sad truth. Eunji should learn from Bomi's mistake.

@sparklinghealthykid Chorong asked Naeun though, so she knows more about their r/s previously now. It'll still be up to Bomi to make things even better I guess. 2eun.. is advancing. slowly haha

@budhakz_marshie took your suggestion as Chorong's joke, just rephrased hehe xD now that Chorong had forgotten a lot, Bomi can use the chance to build trust and all again. Starting from close to 0 after so many years would be mentally exhausting in a sense.

@SapphireThorns12 hahaha new subscriber? Thanks!! (: