Progress

Change

"Bomi ah, the ice cream truck is there, let's go get ice cream!" Chorong excitedly told her. 

"No, you sit here and rest, I'll get the ice cream for you. Strawberry, right?" Chorong actually wanted to protest, but knew there was no point in doing so anyway. Bomi had been exaggerating her hand injury for the whole day. She had offered to help Chorong carry everything of hers, and it was totally like Chorong's hand injury would affect her whole body.

Bomi ran to the ice cream truck, wanting to get it faster. But after she ordered two strawberry ice cream and turned back, Chorong was already gone.

"Chorong ah!" Bomi shouted as she ran around looking for Chorong. Her disappearance had made Bomi instantly regret asking her to sit on the bench and rest.

After a while of search which had no results, Bomi sat on the bench, hoping that Chorong would just return. She had tried calling and messaging, but she received reply to none. To her surprise, some time later Chorong appeared.

"Chorong ah where did you go?" Bomi ran to her with tears falling, like how a child would if she was lost and finally found her mother. For a minute or so, she threw herself onto Chorong and engulfed Chorong in a hug.

When Bomi finally released her, Chorong replied with a faint smile, "Nowhere, just wanted to walk around. Breathe in fresh air, you know, since it's not every day I get to go to the park."

"You could've waited for me," Bomi said with a pout. The gullible and naive Bomi was just about to believe Chorong when she noticed a couple of bruises on Chorong's arms. Spinning Chorong one whole round to ensure that there were no other injuries, she asked, "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Nothing, I just fell down by accident," Chorong replied.

"You didn't really think I'd believe you for that, did you?" Bomi questioned, her tone rather angry now as she was disappointed that Chorong lied to her.

"Okay fine something did happen but now I'm back in one piece and I'm really fine," Chorong said as she recalled what had happened.

-Flashback-

Chorong was sitting on the bench, waiting for Bomi when two men grabbed her from the back and covered as well. She could not recognise the men in any way as they were both dressed in all black and wore masks. And they did not speak a word throughout.

The two men held onto the struggling Chorong so tightly that there were visible marks on her wrists. She could not exactly fight for herself as her master hand was already injured. Having no choice, she gave in to them.

Going to a quieter corner of the park, Chorong was shoved onto the grass. When she looked up at the two men, they threw several boards towards her. As she dodged them from hitting her face, the boards landed on her arms and legs, with the sharper edges causing scratches and cuts while the more smooth parts creating impacts that resulted in bruises. Picking them up one by one, she read each and everyone of them.

"This is the first time."

"These are messages from my boss."

"I want to warn you to stay away from my daughter."

"Let this be a warning."

"If you still insist on going your way, then be prepared to face more physical and emotional attacks."

"I will not spare you at all."

"You're a bad influence to Bomi."

"You don't deserve her at all."

"I am serious. Try me."

The two men walked away following that. Chorong picked up everything and threw them away. 

-End of flashback-

"Tell me, Chorong," Bomi demanded to know. 

Chorong did not want to lie to Bomi, but she did not want her to approach her father either. "Well, you see.. I met a group of people just now. They're bullies from my primary school.. So yeah."

"Who dares to lay a finger on my Chorong?" Bomi asked agitatedly.

"It's over now, it's okay. Let's get another two ice cream, since the one you bought melted so much you've thrown it away." Since Chorong who was directly involved did not mind, Bomi decided to let it off for once too.

Holding Bomi's hands, Chorong said, "Let's go." She heaved a soft sigh of relief, glad that she had managed to convince Bomi.

***

"Eunji," Naeun called. "Let's give each other nicknames!" 

Eunji sighed. Naeun must have watched her dramas and got another idea for "sweet couples" again.

"Alright, what do you want me to call you as?" Even though Eunji found Naeun rather immature at times like these, she never said no to Naeun. In fact, despite thinking that Naeun was immature, she actually thought that such actions of Naeun seemed cute.

"What do you think will suit me?" 

"Hmm.. Princess Naeun?"

"That sounds a bit childish," Naeun stated.

"How about Goddess Naeun? Since you're always so beautiful," Eunji suggested. Naeun blushed at that statement.

"I... will think about your nickname another time," Naeun said. 

"Yah, why do I only get it next time?" Eunji pouted. 

"You look cute pouting," Naeun stated as she walked away. 

===

"Follow me," Naeun said, holding onto Eunji's hands to pull her along. Now that they settled down on the bench, Naeun searched her pocket for something.

"What are you looking for?" Eunji asked, realising that Naeun had some difficulty taking something out from her pocket.

"Wait," Naeun replied, as she struggled to finally take out a small box. Turning to Eunji, she said, "Goddess Naeun has something for you today."

She passed the box to Eunji. Opening the box, a bracelet was revealed. This bracelet was similar to the one Naeun was wearing. Not the one Eunji gave though.

"You notice I always wear two bracelets? The one you give me on my right, and another one on my left?" Naeun explained. Eunji nodded, signalling her to go on.

"I wanted to find a bracelet that's similar to the one you gave me, but I could not, so I got you this. It's almost the same as the one I have on my left. This bracelet of mine is given to me by my grandmother when I was young just before she left. I had always worn it since I was very close to her. I think it's more meaningful as well, so I got you a similar one too. So here."

Eunji was touched by Naeun's gestures. She had even thought of getting couple bracelets. She pulled Naeun into a hug. "Naeun ah, you actually want to share your grandmother's love with me, I'm so touched."

"Of course I want, you're mine anyway."

"Wow someone's getting posessive. But I'm more than willing to be yours. I love you, Naeun."

"I love you too."


A/N: What do you guys want Naeun's nickname for Eunji to be?^^ I'll consider all suggestions and choose one haha (: probably provide a reason too?  xD

@mayounooo hahaha always messing with people's chomi feels~ and my own too haha

@athousandreveries hahaha i know right! #staystrongchomi still lasts :D

@akumatsubasa hahaha it's always such mixed feelings since ChoMi and 2Eun never have that great moments at the same time