The Party

Change

Someone knocked on the door. Bomi excitedly went to answer, and was greeted by her three best friends. As told by her mother, she brought them to her room first, before going down to celebrate her grandmother's birthday. Seizing the opportunity, Naeun suggested to play couple games, and that the pairing would be ChoMi and 2Eun. Everyone happily agreed, and Eunji had no choice but to do so too.

Bomi's POV

One of the games was to hug each other, turn ten rounds, then one would piggy back another for ten seconds. As I hugged Chorong, my heart started beating so fast I was worried she could hear it. But she never once looked at me, and seemed pretty distracted by something. For a dancer like me, turning ten rounds was not that difficult, but it was not so for Chorong. While we turned, I felt her hands tightening around my waist as if she was going to fall off. Thus, I offered to be the one piggybacking. When she threw her hands around my neck for support, how I wished time would just stop at that moment. I just could not get enough of the skinship.

Chorong's POV 

We hugged, and our bodies were touching each other, allowing nothing to come between us. It was not our first time hugging, but I felt my face getting warm. Embarrassed about the reaction I had, I dared not look at her, afraid that she would notice something. In that ten rounds, I just got dizzier by the turns, thus I held Bomi's waist tighter. I hope she did not mind. Afterwards, she offered to piggyback me, and my only thought was to worry that I was too heavy for her. Nonetheless, I knew there was no point going against Bomi, thus I agreed. I do not want this couple games moment to be over.

No One's POV

Eunji proposed to change partners. Everyone was agreeable to it. They were about to go ahead with it when Bomi's mother came up to get them down. this made Eunji rather disappointed as she was about to pair up with Bomi.

The four of them sat on the sofa and were chatting happily when Chorong had eye contact with someone. She thought he looked strangely familiar, and when he finally spoke "Hello, I am Bomi's father." , Chorong realised who he was. Before she realised it, tears ran down her face, causing everyone to be shocked. Bomi asked her what was wrong, but she ran out of the house, exclaiming that she never wanted to see Bomi ever again. Bomi wanted to chase after her, but her father called her saying that it was time to cut the cake. Naeun decided to give chase instead.

***

Chorong's POV

I ran and ran, ignoring the fact that it was raining now. All I wanted to do was to get home quick, more so since it seemed like there was going to be lightning. The flashbacks played in my head continuously, and I felt like I was going crazy. Randomly carried off the road, being kept in a box, eating only bread for days, becoming scared of the dark. It was him. Why does he have to appear in my life again? Why does he have to be the father of the one I love? Tears kept falling, and I made no effort to make myself look any tidier. As I ran, I heard someone shouting my name behind me. By the voice, I could tell that it was Naeun, and as much as I felt bad, I did not respond to her.

By the time I reached my house which, luckily, had no one inside, I was just a total mess with my tee drenched, slightly translucent. I was about to close the door when Naeun came out of the lift, drenched as well. Knowing that it was all my fault, I got her in and quickly made her a cup of hot milo. Grabbing a set of clothes, I passed it to her and said, "I know this is rude, but I am really not in the mood to talk to anyone now. So finish the milo, change into this set of clothes then leave. Sorry for getting you into this state."

By the looks, I knew Naeun understood me. Locking the door of my room, I repeated the song "So Long" by APink and continued crying. "This could not be..." I constantly muttered to myself, totally in disbelief. It was too coincidental to be true. At this point of time, my heart just hurt so much, too much. Blocking myself out from the world, I ignored my phone which kept ringing. I hid under the pillow, sobbing even harder with the lightning and thunder. As much as I was in a set of uncomfortable clothes, I was too exhausted after crying that I fell asleep.

Naeun's POV

I ran after Chorong, not even bothering to take out my umbrella. What could have happened to her? Why does she react after seeing Bomi's father? Looking at her from the back now, with her hairband half loosened and her tee getting wet, she must be in such pain. It reminded me of the times when I kept myself crying all night when my puppy passed away. When I finally caught up with her, it was when she was about to close the door. Surprisingly, she invited me into the house, made me a cup of milo, and even passed me her clothes. She told me, "I know this is rude, but I am really not in the mood to talk to anyone now. So finish the milo, change into this set of clothes then leave. Sorry for getting you into this state."

I knew what she meant. I was worried for her, yet I understood that it was not the right time to approach her. She then went into her room, and I left soon after, but I sent her a couple of texts throughout the night.

"Chorong-ah, what happened? You could tell me when you're ready, I'll always be here for you, and saying it out would be better for you too."

"Chorong, are you alright? Please don't cry too much.. It pains me to see you like that.."

"I hope this will make you smile!" I sent it with a photo of myself making a funny face.

But Chorong replied to none.

Bomi's POV

Eunji held my hand and I only returned with a weak smile. I tried to smile while cutting the cake, then I told Eunji to leave as I immediately locked myself in the room afterwards. Those words from Chorong - I never want to see you ever again. Why? What did I do? Why did she react like that after Dad said something? Did Dad do something to her? What happened to Chorong? I found myself crying as these thoughts ran through my mind. She did not want to see me anymore. Trying to go out of the world for a moment, I played the music on my phone, as music always travelled me to places. However, the song made me even more depressed. The first song that played was by my favourite group, APink, which means I was supposed to be happier, but it was "Fairytale Love". I felt connected to the lyrics. 'So this is how it feels.' I thought.

I sent a few messages to Chorong. I had to find out what happened. I felt so worried to see her crying like that. Naeun had sent me a text on what happened after she gave chase. Knowing Chorong, she must be in a worse state now since there was lightning. How I wanted to run to her house now and hug her, comfort her. But the fact is, Chorong did not want to see me anymore. She did not even reply me.

It's over. Everything was over. Friendship, potential relationship. The things I planned just for me to confess to her today. The things I wanted to give her. Nothing is possible now. As I reminisce the times we had spent together, I threw a few punches onto my pillow. There were just too many emotions I had in me.

Eunji's POV

Judging from Bomi's look, I knew she was not fine. Chorong should not have said such hurtful words to Bomi, especially since Bomi likes her. I held Bomi's hand, trying to comfort her. She smiled back, but I knew it was not genuine. After cutting the cake, she told me, "I'll be fine, just need some alone time now. See you another time?"

There was no reason for me to say no. That was probably what she really wanted anyway. I agreed and left. Then, I sent a text to Naeun and Bomi. 

 

To: Naeun

"Bomi requested to be alone, so I did that. How's Chorong?"

 

To: Bomi <3

"Bomi-ah cheer up soon alright! I'm sure Chorong did not mean it. Maybe she had her difficulties. Sleep early and rest well! :)"

 

Naeun's POV

I received a message from Eunji. I should not be feeling like that, but I felt happy that for once Eunji messaged me first. Even if it was about the situation now. Immediately, I replied.

 

To: Eunji

"Same. Could hear her crying when I left. I just wish she would cheer up soon. :/ Btw, get home safely! :D"

 

I got a reply which said, "You too! ^^ ". I smiled to myself. She cares about me.


A/N: An update after a few days! (: Internet's down on my phone so it's harder for me to update x: But anyway here it is~ It's not that great imo, so sorry for that :/ I hope it still gets the story going though. A question to ponder over: Is this the end of ChoMi? D: Anyway thanks for commenting so much guys ;_; so touched hehe.

@athousandreveries Maybe? xD Naeun's always feeling happy about Eunji from the slightest things, Eunji really has to notice her more >< (says me HAHA)

@troublemaker92 the culprit is..... you'll find that out ;)

@SONEShawolELFDiadem hahaha I didn't know either, I just took the ideas as it came! Glad you like it (: And I hope you enjoyed this too^^