Finally

Change

For the next few weeks, now and then Chorong would receive something on her table. Bomi and Eunji both tried to communicate with her daily, but she continued to plug her earpiece in and walk away. Finally, efforts paid off one day.

Chorong's POV

That day, I entered the classroom, spotting a box of strawberry Pocky on my table together with a note. A smile beamed on my face as I picked it up because strawberry Pocky had always been my favourite snack. I then unfolded the letter, and it read,

"Park Chorong Chorong ah Chorong-sshi To Chorong, strawberry pockys are always the best way to start a day right? I hope you still enjoy this snack like you previously did. Anyway, you should socialise with our classmates, they're really nice! And I'd love it if you could talk to us as well and stop avoiding by plugging in your earpiece. Have a great day! - Yoon-rilla Bomi"

While reading it, I felt a pair - or two - of eyes looking towards me. From the side of my eyes, I could tell those eyes belonged to Bomi and Eunji. I pretended not to notice, but I found myself thinking of the past we have spent together. Suddenly, I could feel tears in my eyes. I admit those memories were great, but I currently just want to shut myself out from the world and not remember the past that hurts so much.

Bomi's POV

Walking into the classroom, I hurriedly took out my pencil case and the paper I had prepared. I had to get this written before Chorong arrives in school. Calming myself down, I begun writing. I could not wait to see Chorong's reaction. I was sure she would like it, since strawberry pocky was her favourite snack during her childhood. I smiled as I recalled how she would be so happy whenever she received a packet of strawberry pocky.

I started writing, but I got stuck right from the beginning. "Park Chorong", I wrote, then I cancelled it and replaced it with "Chorong ah", followed by "Chorong sshi", then decided to end it with "To: Chorong". Just how was I supposed to address her? As a friend I knew for so many years; or as someone I met only yesterday? 

I continued my letter. "strawberry pockys are always the best way to start a day right? I hope you still enjoy this snack like you previously did. Anyway, you should socialise with our classmates, they're really nice! And I'd love it if you could talk to us as well and stop avoiding by plugging in your earpiece. Have a great day!" I had written "Yoon-rilla" as my name to sign off with, but I changed it to "Bomi" as I was worried she might not remember me. When I was finally done writing, I quickly placed it on her table, waiting anxiously for her arrival.

After a while, I heard footsteps entering the class. I turned my head slightly and saw Chorong. When she saw the strawberry Pocky, she smiled and seemed pretty excited. It just dismissed any form of doubts I have that she was indeed Chorong, there was no need more anymore confirmation at all. As she read the letter, both Eunji and I were looking towards her for her reaction, or at least I was. I hope she did not see me looking at her. I was surprised when I thought I saw tears coming out from her eyes, what exactly was happening and why was she crying?

"Yah Eunji, is Chorong crying?" I asked, nudging Eunji.

"Are you crazy why would she cry-" Eunji did not complete her sentence after she turned her head to look at Chorong. "Yah, what's happening?"

"Nevermind," I muttered. Confused yet concerned, I approached her. I was tempted to give her a hug, but I did not dare. Instead, I found myself stuttering, "A-A-Are you ok-kay?"

My body went stiff when I received her response.

Chorong's POV

As much as I did not want to, I started crying like a baby. I did not know what to do, I just felt so hurt as those painful unwanted memories replayed in my brain like a video. I thought of how that experience has changed me from an innocent young girl into someone who refuses interaction with others as much as possible now. Honestly, it was not that I did not want any friends, but my trust issues in human beings as a collective group has just gone down the drain. More tears flowed, as I thought of how I had no friends, how I always felt so lonely. Then someone approached me. "A-A-Are you ok-kay?"

Not being able to think rationally, I just reacted by instinct. With two words "Bomi ah", I threw myself towards her body and hid my face in her blouse. I felt a pair of hands awkwardly patting my back to comfort me. I cried and cried as those memories continued to haunt me. I was aware that there were people staring at me, but I could not control myself. When I was finally done crying, I mumbled a "Thank you" and wanted to walk away. It was then that I suddenly felt something pulling my hand. Before I could even react, I was dragged out of the class.

Bomi's POV

I stood that patting her back as it was the only way I could offer comfort. She continued crying, and I simply stood there although I did not know what had happened. After a while, she mumbled a "Thank you" and was about to walk off. Why did she become so cold again? A sudden urge to find out what happened overwhelmed me, and I just acted with the surge of impulse. "Eunji-ah, tell the teacher we will be back later," I said, and grabbed Chorong's hand. With that soft and small hand that connected us, I pulled her to a corner which I know she stays at during breaks.

"Chorong-ah, tell me what happened, please. Why did you cry so badly? I know you've always been a crybaby, but I also know something must have happened for you to cry SO hard." I asked. She did not reply, and attempted to just walk off once again. The concern and worry I had now turned into anxiety and mild anger. Losing control, I shouted slightly, "Yah Park Chorong, I know you remember me, you remember Eunji, why are you behaving like that? We just want to relieve the moments when we were best friends. And best friends forever means helping each other forever you know? Even if I can't help you, I could at least listen to you."

It worked as she stopped in her footsteps. Ending with a gentle tone, I said, "And I want to be friends with you again. I miss you."

No One's POV

Chorong turned around, and the two bestfriends were now facing each other. Their eyes locked for a moment, and Chorong's cold-as-ice attitude was melted. 

With her ever-so-soft-and-lovely voice, she said, "Bomi-ah, yes I remember you both, but you have to know I'm not the Chorong you both knew anymore. I've changed, perhaps for the better or not depending on your perspective. And though I've changed in personality, my heart still remains the same, which is that I still love you both as my bestfriends. So what I'm saying is, you may continue to talk to me if you're interested, and I promise I won't avoid anymore."

Stepping closer to Bomi, she continued, "As for what exactly happened, I will be honest to say that I do not have enough trust in you to tell you yet. If you don't mind my change, let's get closer, and one day I might let you know."

Chorong moved even nearer to Bomi. There were now tears welled up in Chorong's eyes again, but this time because of the truth in the three words she was about to say. Pulling Bomi into another hug, she said, choking on her words slightly, "And I miss you too."


A/N: I need to stop making Chorong like such a crybaby in my fics T^T But she really has that impression on me I guess, my thoughts of ChoMi has always been that Bomi is Chorong's pillar of support. And Chorong finally talked to Bomi!! :)) /throws confetti/ The pocky that triggered everything hehehe. Also, Naeun should be appearing in the next chapter, so look forward to her first appearance in the fic^^ Thanks for subscribing, and comment please!~