Catch up

Change

The first day of school passed rather quickly. The class 1B was generally split into a couple of cliques, and everyone made friends except Chorong as she refused to talk to anyone.

Since it has been a couple of years since they last met each other, Bomi and Eunji decided to spend some time together after school to catch up. Bomi turned towards Chorong's seat wanting to ask if she wanted to go along, but she had already left, so both of them decided to go ahead. After walking a while, they settled down at a cafe nearby as it looked like it was going to rain.

"Excuse me students, what would you like to order?"

"White chocolate mocha please," both of them answered at the same time. Looking at each other, Bomi commented, "Even our tastes are the same! Best friends indeed."

Since they chose the same option, Eunji suggested to play 'this or that'. "Coffee or tea? 1.. 2.. 3.." Both of them chose coffee. "Music or sports? 1.. 2.. 3.." Both made the same choice again. Over and over again, they tried with different things, and most of the time their answers would be the same.

Eunji's POV

Class ended, and Bomi suggested to catch up a bit, which I agreed to of course. I saw her looking towards Chorong's seat but Chorong was not around anymore. I felt a sense of happiness that I was able to hang out with Bomi alone. As the sky looked dark, we walked and went into a cafe nearby.

"Excuse me students, what would you like to order?"

"White chocolate mocha please," both of us answered at the same time. Bomi commented that our tastes are the same and said that we were best friends indeed. I was glad that we had similar tastes. Being excited, I suggested that we play 'this or that'.

"Coffee or tea? 1.. 2.. 3.." Both of us chose coffee. We decided to try again. "Music or sports? 1.. 2.. 3.." We made the same choice again. Over and over again, we tried with different things, and most of the time our answers would be the same. Even after so long, we still seem to have so much in common, and I was thrilled by that fact.

"Hey Bomi, fancy us meeting each other after so long. It's really fate, don't you think so?" I asked her, "We're like destined to be together." She agreed with me, but I knew what she interpreted was not what I meant. 

"So Eunji, how's life?" She started the conversation.

"Just like that. You know me. I make friends easily but takes a whole lot of time to actually feel close. In fact, I'm certain I've never made a friend better than you. How about you? I'm sure you've got a whole line of admirers since you're so pretty."

"Nah. It's just the same here. Made friends throughout these years, but I've always missed you and Chorong." I smiled. It felt great to hear that she missed me, that it was not just on my part.

No One's POV

"Do you remember when we met in the childcare during kindergarten? I was this quiet girl who found it hard to make friends, then you appeared in my life, and so did Chorong after that. Back then, both of us were cry babies and she would always took care of us," Bomi stated, reminiscing the fond memories of the past. "Chorong's only older than us by a few months, yet she always seemed like an unnie way older than us."

"Yeah, I remember how she always ensured of our safety. She was so mature, yet when there was lightning she became so scared she would cry."

"Yep exactly! Those wonderful times.. I wonder why she doesn't want to talk to us now. I'm sure we recognised the right person!" Bomi frowned slightly at the thought of her friend who had changed. The once so loving and caring girl has turned into a cold student who refuses to communicate with anyone. "Eunji-ya, what do you think we should do to get the Chorong we know back?"

"How about we try to communicate with her every day? Who knows, maybe one day she would finally talk to us," Eunji suggested. Thinking over the idea for a while, both of them decided to do that. With the raindrops outside splattering like it was the background music, the two girls chatted and talked about the past. They spent a few hours sitting there, until all the rain and lightning has stopped.

Chorong's POV

The bell rang; I walked out of the classroom immediately. I survived a day without people bothering me, other than Bomi and Eunji. This could be considered as a good start to my high school life I suppose. 

I opened the door, and as expected no one was home yet. Slumped on the sofa, I switched on the television. I was feeling perfectly comfortable until suddenly the sky turned darker. Leaving the television on, I ran to my room and hid under my blanket. I hated darkness; I was terrified of it. Darkness brings back a whole load of things I do not wish to remember. Facing darkness was like rubbing into my deep wounds. So I hid under the blanket, in hopes that the rain would be over soon. However, things only got worse as I started hearing lightning. I started shivering out of fear and tears started falling. I just cannot wait for the storm to be over.


A/N: I've always wanted to meet someone I knew since a long time ago and reminisce memories together too xD This chapter only has a small part of Chorong, but I'm pretty sure we've learnt quite some things about her, eh? Anyway, thank you for subscribing and/or commenting! Hope you all have enjoyed this chapter :D

@numbenz: Really? Eunmi is rare? I thought they had quite some shippers too heh. Haha yep, poor Bomi trying so hard x(

@SONEShawolELFDiadem: hahaha regarding why Chorong wants to avoid them, you'll find out later in the story (: It's more of avoiding everyone though, like she hates interaction with people generally.

@Shinjiteruni19: Thanks for loving the plot, I hope it'll continue to be something you look forward to!