Transfer Student

Change

It was just another typical day. The three friends, or ex-bestfriends, were spending their break together. 

"Bomi ah! Do you know I still have a picture of your yoon-rilla image? I'm going to show it to a lot of people~" Eunji teased.

"Yah Jung Eunji, dont you dare!" Bomi replied, immediately giving chase to her friend. Running after them, Chorong could not help but laugh at how both of them are still so immature, just like the past.

They were happily running at the cooridor until someone shouted their names. "Yoon Bomi, Jung Eunji and Park Chorong, stop running."

Upon hearing that, they put a halt to their footsteps. In front of them was their form teacher, eyes filled with anger. They should not have ran along the cooridor. Their embarrassment for being scolded was doubled when they noticed the girl standing next to their teacher. She looked like any other student, dressed in their school uniform with a pair of white sneakers, with an addition of a simple earring. Her eyes were beautiful, but her cold expression made her seem to be mocking them for being reprimanded. With their face as red as tomatoes, they, together with the girl and their teacher, made their way into the classroom.

"Alright class, we have a new student today. She's Son Naeun from Korea High School," the teacher introduced. Whispering started around the class. Korea High School was a prestigious school everyone aimed to go to. Many of the students from that school have a very rich family background, and they are the top 10% of the whole nation's cohort. Everyone wondered why a student would transfer here from that school. "Naeun, please introduce yourself."

"Hello everyone, I am Son Naeun. Due to some personal reasons, I decided to transfer here from Korea High School. As I am new here, please take care of me." Applause was heard after Naeun delivered her short self-introduction.

"Naeun, you may sit at the sit there." It was the only empty seat in class, the seat next to Chorong. The latter was not supportive of the arrangement at all. Firstly, she preferred to seat alone and hated interaction. Secondly, she did not want to sit with a cold girl whom she had just got scolded in front of. However, when Naeun sat down next to her, she had no choice but to welcome her, being s well-natured girl.

"Welcome to our school, Naeun. I'm Chorong, Park Chorong. If you need any help, you can always approach me," Chorong said with a forced smile.

"Ah, so you're Chorong. One of the three whom the teacher shouted the name of just now right?" Naeun replied, causing Chorong's cheeks to turn red from embarrassment. It was really a bad first impression of Naeun that Chorong had.

"Anyway, I think I have a very first question," Naeun continued. Chorong gave her a look, signalling her to continue with her question. "You know those two girls sitting there, the ones who were with you previously? Who's the one sitting on the left?"

Chorong wondered why Naeun would ask such a question. Nonetheless, she replied, "Left? She's Eunji. Three of us were best friends years ago. You could hang out with us during breaks, if you don't mind." Inside, Chorong thought to herself, Yah Park Chorong, what on earth are you doing? Inviting such an insensitive girl to spend breaks together. As if you wouldn't have enough of her from sitting together.

"Anyway Naeun-ah, oh wait can I call you Naeun-ah?" Chorong received a nod. "Okay thank you so Naeun-ah, may I ask you a question?"

"You just did," Naeun stated, as a matter of fact. "But yea?"

Naeun's POV

"Anyway, I think I have a very first question," I asked. "You know those two girls sitting there, the ones who were with you previously? Who's the one sitting on the left?" I was very sure Chorong was judging me right now. Why would a new girl ask such a question?

"Left? She's Eunji. Three of us were best friends years ago. You could hang out with us during breaks, if you don't mind." she replied. I felt thankful, at least I was not alone.

"Anyway Naeun-ah, oh wait can I call you Naeun-ah?" she asked, to which I nodded to. "Okay thank you so Naeun-ah, may I ask you a question?"

"You just did," I replied, "But yea?"

"It's alright if you don't want to answer, but why did you decided to transfer to our school from such a good one?" I was hesitant in replying this. Could I trust a person I just met a while ago? It would be better if less people know about it, would she spread it?

"Erm.. My.. Father's... Business suddenly failed. My family's not that welloff anymore, and it becomes very hard to afford the school fees in Korea High School, so.." Not even commenting anything, she gave me an understanding look. "Could you promise me to tell no one about this?"

I felt extremely relieved when she replied, "I never intended to." It was nice to meet a friend like her on the first day of school. 

***

No One's POV

Alhough the first impression might not exactly have been the best, the two started becoming close to each other. Even during breaks, they spent more time talkng to each other than to Bomi and Eunji.

Seeing Naeun and Chorong always together made Bomi sad. It took her so long to get Chorong to finally talk to her, and Naeun takes her away just like that. Whenever she thought of that, not only would she feel angry, she would also start harbouring negative thoughts towards Naeun. Lost in her own thoughts, she did not realise that she had shouted "YAH PARK CHORONG!" out loud, at least not till Chorong turned back.

"Oh.. erm.. nothing," Bomi murmured, looking away as she felt her face starting to burn.

"Oh~ I see someone's jealous huh?" Eunji, who was next to Bomi, teased. Though on the surface she was teasing, but deep down she felt hurt, knowing that the one Bomi likes was not her.

"Nah~ why would I be jealous?" Bomi tried to rebuke, but gave up due to her own conflicted feelings. "Actually, Eunji-ah, I think.. I think.. I think I like Chorong."

A part of Eunji died.

Chorong's POV

I was walking in front with Naeun while talking casually. We have gotten very much closer, especially since we sit together. Both of us were just chatting happily as usual when I heard Bomi shouting. "YAH PARK CHORONG!" was what she shouted. Concerned about what could have happened, I turned back immediately, but she simply said, "Oh.. erm.. nothing." It might be weird but I was partially hoping that there was something. At least that would mean she had something to say to me.

I got snapped out of my thoughts and back to reality when Naeun suddenly brought up a topic. "Chorong-ah, do.. you like someone?"

"Why do you suddenly talk about such stuff?" I asked, shocked by the abrupt change in topic.

"Just wanted to talk about it. I assume you have one then. Shall we exchange our secrets?" Naeun suggested. I shook my head, refusing to get close to the topic at all. However, I gave in when Naeun misinterpreted my actions.

"So... you don't trust me enough still? Is that it?" I certainly did not want Naeun to think that way, so I agreed eventually.

"So who do you like?" Naeun went ahead to ask first. Seeing that I was hesitant, she decided to reveal hers first. "Erm... I like Eunji. So much my heart beats so fast when I go near her. That's why I always keep my distance despite hanging out with all three of you."

I must admit I was rather surprised at her confession, but things all linked together when I thought of her very first question to me on the first day she sat next to me. Then I realised she was looking at me; it was my turn. Embarrassed to admit it, I looked away while softly stating, "I... I... Naeun-ah, I.. I.. Bomi."

"You like Bomi?" She clarified. I gradually nodded my head, still looking away. My cheeks felt slightly warm. Confirming what she asked, I finally said it out. "Yes I like Bomi. So much I'm pretty sure it's unhealthy."


A/N: Update^^ Sorry if some of you think that the plot is a bit too rushed (is it?). Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this chapter! So now we know who each of them likes :) Thanks for subscribing and commenting!

@sparklinghealthykid yepp haha. I think there was not a lot of 2eun here, just more of Naeun's one-sided hehe. That is, for now. :)

@SONEShawolELFDiadem haha I love ChoMi too *_*

@athousandreveries definitely one sweet and understanding girl!~ :D

@fluffsaur HAHA I was craving Pocky and my friend's favourite fruit / flavour is strawberry so tadaa xD

@troublemaker92 haha Chomi feels everywhere :)