Who Are You?

Change

"Bomi ah, you should really go home and rest now," Eunji urged. It was already the next day and Bomi was still next to Chorong, hoping for her to wake up. Just by looking at her face, it was very obvious that she had cried for who-knows-how-long.

"Ah, Eunji you're here," Bomi said weakly. "Could you stay here for a while? In case she wakes up. I'll go back to the office to settle some stuff before coming back."

Eunji pulled Bomi into her embrace. "Go home and rest as well, you must be tired."

However, Bomi was still the usual stubborn girl. Returning the hug, she replied, "It's okay, I'm fine. I'll be back soon, hmm?"

"Bomi.."

"I'm okay. All that's important now is for Chorong to wake up. I will make the trip quick," Bomi said, releasing the hug and smiling faintly.

***

"Oh Bomi you're back, what happened yesterday?" Namjoo asked upon Bomi's entrance into the company.

"Something cropped up. I'm just getting a couple of things settled and I'm going off again," Bomi replied.

She knocked on the boss's door and entered. "Boss, my girlfriend is in the hospital and I really need to take care of her. I would like to apply for no-pay leave. Not sure when I can be back though." And her request was agreed to. It was easy for her to just put aside her work as she had always been a hardworking employee and the boss liked her because of that. Furthermore, she was on a higher position, so she had people under her. Entering her office, she ransacked for a couple of stuff when someone entered.

"Oh Ilhoon ah give me a moment okay? I'm busy right now," Bomi said.

"Bomi ah, Chorong.." Bomi stopped whatever she was doing immediately and looked up.

"What about Chorong?"

"I know this might be a little late, and I tried to tell you yesterday but you weren't willing to listen. Chorong did nothing wrong, it was Namjoo who fell to the ground on her own and acted like Chorong kicked her. In fact, when she came in, I had a short conversation with her and she told me that she wanted to surprise you. She said that you two had a fight with each other and that it was her fault, so she had plans to apologise to you. But.." After hearing that, Bomi felt even worse. She had misunderstood Chorong and caused Chorong to be in that state, just because she did not want to listen to her explanation.

"Thanks Ilhoon ah. Thanks so much for telling me the truth." Bomi faked a smile, holding back the tears of guilt. Quickly, she grabbed whatever she needed and headed back to the hospital.

***

Bomi stopped in front of the door of the ward. She felt like she was inadequate to be with Chorong, or even meet her for that matter. She had let Chorong down. Just like that, she stood in front of the door, hesitating to go in.

"What's the matter?" A question was posted to the girl who stood rooted there. By the voice she could tell it was Naeun.

Turning towards the direction of the voice, she threw herself towards Naeun and broke down. "Naeun ah.. I've let Chorong down.. It's all my fault that she's like that now.."

"Why?"

"That day.. She came.. Namjoo said she kicked her.. I got angry and didn't want to listen.. Then she ran.... And got into this accident.." Bomi said in between her sobs. "I'm not worthy of being with Chorong... She deserves someone better.."

"You didn't know either, so don't blame yourself too much for that. I'm sure Chorong doesn't want to see you like that too. Be strong, so that you can be there for Chorong when she wakes up, hmm?" Naeun comforted, while patting the back of the crying girl.

"I'm afraid Naeun... I'm so afraid that Chorong will leave me just like that.."

"Pabo, she loves you so much, she would nt want to leave you."

"B-But I've hurt her so many times over and over.."

"Y'know, Chorong used to tell me, 'Think from others' perspective and try to understand them.' I'm sure she'll do that. Stop crying, alright?" Bomi was not entirely convinced, but rather comforted. A while later, she finally stopped.

"Let's go in," Naeun suggested.

***

"Oh, Bomi you're back." Eunji said. Noticing that Naeun also entered, she bowed slightly and greeted her. "Since you both are here, I'll leave to do my stuff now."

Naeun just nodded as a response. Bomi, on the other hand, replied her. "Thanks so much for coming, Eunji."

"No problem, Chorong's my friend as well." Eunji gave a comforting smile towards Bomi, then walked towards the exit. She felt a pair of eyes following her as she approached the exit, but did not look back. Naeun thought, Is this really a signal that everything's over? Am I the only one left in the past, unable to move on?

Naeun's thoughts were, however, disrupted by Bomi's voice. "Chorong ah, Ilhoon told me the truth today. You didn't kick Namjoo, but she acted instead. I really should have listened to you, Rong. I should have gave you a chance to explain. I should have thought it over before I blamed you. I should have known that Namjoo was trying to get between us. I- I- I'm really sorry. I know it's really cliché how everytime after a mistake I'd just apologise, and you might not even believe it anymore, but I really am, and I can't even emphasise how apologetic I'm feeling now. It's all my fault, everything is just my fault. You've been sleeping for more than a day, when are you going to wake up? Only if you wake up, then you can get revenge on me. Only if you wake up, then you can punish me for what I have done. Only if you wake up, then I would be able to make it up to you. So please, don't sleep anymore."

As if Chorong had always been hearing Bomi, the former's eyes started opening when the latter said the last sentence. Shock was practically written on both Bomi and Naeun's faces upon seeing Chorong's eyes opening. Naeun offered to help notify the doctors, so she ran out of the ward. As for Bomi, she felt so overwhelmed by relief that Chorong was awake that tears started to fall once again.

Bomi held Chorong's hand between hers. Squeezing them tightly, Bomi said in a shaky tone, "You're finally awake, Rong."

The girl lying on the bed turned slightly to face Bomi. She observed the features of Bomi, from the eyes to the nose, then to the mouth and the face as a whole. "I'm sorry, who are you?"


A/N: Chorong woke up! /applause/ All your calls towards Chorong have been heard by her :) A chapter that as a little NaeunxBomi inside, hope it has satisfied those small inner shippers of this couple! #staystrongchomi #staystrong2eun #staystrongyourhearts

Always thanks so much for supporting this fic! I remember how when I started I was rather conflicted as to how about continuing the fic, but now it comes more naturally :) And some of you really supported me since the beginning, with comments and all that, really so grateful towards y'all :D

Btw, starting on a new story here too! (:

@Nachomisan Chorong is finally awake, Bomi's apology worked.... I think? xD 2eun ain't gonna work till Eunji is willing to listen T^T 

@ckaz99 would you consider this as worse? she woke up so.. :D Eunji needs to hear you hahaha

@budhakz_marshie "all that's left is her waking up" maybe not so now? 2eun's wasting time indeed, haha

@akumatsubasa babomi and baboji can just be best friends right haha xD affecting NaRong's lives since forever.

@athousandreveries why not o: I'll hashtag for you haha #staystrongchomi #staystrong2eun #staystrongnaeun anyway, what you hoped for has happened ^^ Eunji living up to that name since 1993 xD

@sparklinghealthykid babomi deserves to be ignored by rongmama or something haha xD