Romeo and Juliet

Change

"Okay class, I need two volunteers to act out this scene," Their literature teacher requested. It was a scene from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. It was the scene in which Romeo and Juliet first met. It was a kiss scene. Browsing through the content, Eunji took Bomi's hand and raised both their hands. Bomi cast the 'what on earth are you doing' look to Eunji, but everything was too late since the teacher had called upon them.

In front of the class, both of them read out their lines and acted rather well. Everything was going right, until the most important scene - the kiss scene. The scene could have easily been looked past as with both of them pretending to kiss and turning to a direction in which the audience could not see, but that was not so. When it was time for that scene, Eunji held Bomi's head in place and crashed her lips directly against Bomi's, without even bothering to hide anything. This action of Eunji led to three reactions - Bomi being dumbfounded, Naeun becoming filled with jealousy and anger, their classmates gasping in shock. Even the teacher did not know how to react.

When she was done, Eunji let go of Bomi and mumbled an apology. After that, she ran out of the classroom, and Naeun followed suit soon after. The astounded Bomi stood rooted to the ground, with her cheeks crimson red now from embarrassment. Sensing the current situation, Chorong got up from her seat, grabbed Bomi's hand and brought her out of the classroom.

Chorong waved frantically in front of the dazed Bomi, but still received no response. "Yoon Bomi, are you okay?"

It was only after Chorong shook Bomi that the latter snapped out of it and mumbled a reply. "Huh? Oh... Yeah I'm fine.. Just a little... shocked.... Why did she do that? My kisses are only meant for you.."

The last sentence made Chorong flushed a bit. Looking anywhere but at Bomi, she said, "Eunji probably wanted to provoke Naeun. Something went wrong between them."

"Err... That kiss.. I'm sorry.. You okay with that?" Now that Bomi came back to reality, she started worrying about how Chorong would have felt.

"Honestly, no, but it's not like I can do anything about it. And you couldn't exactly do anything just now either." Bomi took a step closer to Chorong. Leaning forward, she gave a soft and quick peck on Chorong's lips. With their faces still very close together, Bomi maintained eye contact with Chorong and said softly, "Thank you for always being so understanding, my dear."

Chorong's face just became as red as a tomato. Her heart started beating faster as Bomi went nearer, and yet even faster when they shared the kiss which lasted no more than a second. On top of that, as if to end everything as a perfect package, Bomi called her "my dear". Whether they were official or not, such actions of Bomi would have made Chorong's heart flutter. Chorong always felt embarrassed about them, but the truth is, she loved them.

***

Naeun caught up with Eunji and pulled onto her hand, causing Eunji to turn 180degrees to face her, just like a typical drama scene. Their eyes met for a split second, but that eye contact was broken by Eunji, who looked away as soon as possible.

"Yah Jung Eunji, what exactly do you think you are doing? Ever since that day you told me to go away, our relationship just became so screwed up. I thought all day, and still can't figure out what happened. What did I do wrong? If I really did something wrong, shouldn't I at least be given a second chance, if not simply a chance to explain myself? And what was with that kiss, specially to provoke me?" Naeun questioned, without bothering to hide her anger for the very least bit.

"I saw you with that new girl of yours, is that not wrong enough?" Eunji rebutted.

"What new girl?"

"Stop denying, Naeun. I saw it with my very own eyes. You weren't even wearing the bracelet I gave you the next time we met. Seems like that girl's really filled your mind, huh. Good for that girl, and congrats to you," Eunji said weakly. She was in no mood to argue with Naeun at all.

Naeun was about to retaliate and rage at Eunji about her unreasonable accusations, but recalled what Chorong had once told her. 'Think before you act. Try to understand people from their perspective'. Giving a sigh, she calmed herself down from shouting in impulse. "Eunji ah you've gotten the wrong idea."

"The girl you're referring to is just another friend of mine. I met her since young because she's the daughter of my mother's friend. That day, we went out because I needed to get something. As for the bracelet, I was just too excited to go out that day so I forgot...." Naeun explained.

"You were so excited to meet her you forgot to wear my bracelet? Son Naeun we are so over."

"Nonono.." Naeun was rather desperate to patch up. Life had never been too good for her ever since that day. "I was excited to get the thing.. Wait." 

She ran into the classroom and soon came out with a box. It was a simple box with a pink ribbon on the top left hand corner, which displayed the style of Naeun. The box was accompanied by a card, with the front page saying "It's our monthsary, my love".

The reaction from Eunji was an unexpected one, though. "Yah so you've been together with her for one month already? YOU WERE ALWAYS CHEATING ON ME?"

"Yah Baboji, you're really such a pabo. Why would I go get a present with her if it's for her?" Eunji pondered of the question. Naeun continued, "It's for you, Eunji. All for you. I wanted to give you that day, but you told me to go away." Naeun's voice shook towards the end of her sentence, as she thought about that day.

"I.. didn't know.." Eunji replied.

"Of course you didn't, you didn't even want to listen to me. And given your personality, you wouldn't have remembered that it was our monthsary." 

"I'm sorry," Eunji apologised. She felt so guilty. Not only did she forget that it was their monthsary, she got angry with Naeun on that very day. "I will make it up to you."

"You know, us getting back together is already the best way to make it up to me," Naeun said, "And even though you're such a babo.. I'll always love you as my babo."


A/N: I was watching something last night and my shipping feels were activated so I wrote a chapter in which both couples are happy! And them going well makes me happy too~ Hope yall liked the chapter! no more #staystrongchomi for once :D

@sparklinghealthykid haha insecurities probably xD they're going well now!

@akumatsubasa definitely not lovers haha, Naeun is Eunji's!

@athousandreveries they're fine for now :) [spot the keywords HAHA probably have to trend again in the future ;) ]

@ChristiiChan maybe she will, but who knows what will happen after she does so?

Anyways thanks for always commenting guys I really appreciate your comments! Love yall <3