Please

Change

Chorong's POV

"Yah Park Chorong, I'll consider that you won the competition. What are you going to do for me, huh?" Naeun said.

Chorong shrugged. "Too soon to say. She hasn't contacted me since last night."

"Only a day and you're feeling insecure?"

"No, Naeun ah.. I feel like something has happened.."

"Maybe it's just you, don't think too much Chorong," she told me. I really felt like something was wrong. It just did not feel right. Maybe something happened?

Taking out my phone, I sent her a message. 

To: Bomi
Bomi ah, you alright? Haven't heard from you since yesterday. ):

But there was no reply.

No One's POV

Bomi rolled around her bed, too restless to do anything other thing. Why, just why does it have to be a Saturday today? At least on weekdays, she could talk to Chorong in school.

Time passes so slowly, too slowly. It seemed like forever and it's barely lunch time. The urge to just sneak out to find Chorong was overwhelming, but Bomi was way too worried that her father would hurt Chorong, for she knew he meant his words. She was looking out of the window when her mother entered to ask her to go down for lunch. Being stubborn and upset, Bomi refused to respond at all.

"My dear daughter, don't be so upset will you?" Her mother asked.

"Don't call me your daughter if you're with dad in this. How could I not be upset? What if your phone was taken away from you, and you were forbidden to meet dad? Don't you both even know how I'm feeling now, or how much you both have hurt me?" This was the rare occasions when Bomi would throw a tantrum.

"It's all for your own good, my dear."

"My good? What good could there be? Good for my death! I'm telling you, mum, if I'm forced to, I will jump down from this balcony in an attempt to escape.  I don't even care if I'm going to break a leg. Just let me out mum, please." The usually well-natured Bomi no longer bothered to be polite and respectful to her parents. Stopping her from interacting with Chorong was just torturing.

"If you say so," Her mother sighed, "then I'll get your father to talk to you later."

***

Entering the room, Bomi's father sat down next to her on the bed.

"Bomi ah," he said. Bomi shifted herself away from him.

"If you keep hanging out with Chorong, what if she's just using you to get back at me?" He continued.

"Then why did you do that in the first place?" Bomi questioned.

"Personal reasons. You're too young to understand, my dear."

"Too young? More like you're too lazy to explain. Or perhaps there's no valid reason at all." Bomi retaliated, which triggered her father's anger.

"Young lady, I'm afraid you need some punishment to learn how to be more polite." He was utterly displeased at how Bomi was responding to him. "I think she's a bad influence."

He went out of the room and re-entered with a cane. Bomi loved every aspect of her family, other than the fact her parents were supporters of 'Spare the road, spoil the child'. As she saw the cane in her father's hands, she knew what was coming.

"Face the wall and put your hands on the wall." Bomi did as she was told, trying to avoid further punishments. The caning started. Whip after whip, the pain was unbearable, causing Bomi to cry.

When it ended, Bomi's father muttered, "I hope you learnt your lesson to not be rude. Just listen to me, Bomi."

Bomi laid face-down on her bed, sobbing as the pain continued to sting. What's so wrong with hanging out with her? Why can't they understand that I'm just trying to protect my rights, and not trying to be rude?

***

Naeun's POV

"Sweet or salted?" I asked Eunji.

"Mixed."

I had asked Eunji out to watch a movie with me today, knowing that she wanted to watch The Wind Rises as much as I did. I was rather excited, as this was my first movie with Eunji. Furthermore, I managed to convince her that we should buy tickets for the couple seats.

Though I've always wanted to watch that movie, and it was really interesting, I can't help but constantly casting glances towards Eunji. She was so cute, cuddled up in her jacket and looking at the screen intensely. Once, she noticed me looking at her and diverted her attention to me, causing me to blush. When the movie ended, we chatted happily about the plot. But I knew, she still did not like me., and at the end of the day it would just be me again.

*** (next day)

Chorong's POV

A text message came in, and I dashed to check my phone, hoping that it was from Bomi. But it was not, it was from Naeun instead.

From: Naeun
Chorong, do you have some time? There's something I think I should tell you.

And so, we planned to meet downstairs.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Sit here," she said, patting the available space on the bench next to her. As I sat down, she took out several items from her bag. Taking a closer look, I moved away from her.

"Please don't get angry.." she mumbled.

"H-H-How did y-y-you find all those? B-Bomi threw it a-away." I stuttered.

Naeun sighed. "It's me who put all those, Chorong. Eunji told me to, using the fact that I loved her. I do love her, and this would probably mean the end of my friendship with her, but I feel the need to tell you, Chorong."

"W-W-Why..." Shocked, I got up and ran away. I only had one destination in my mind - Bomi's house. 

Bomi's POV

There was a knock on the door and I opened. Surprised, there stood the person I missed. Park Chorong.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pulling her to my room immediately. I was just hoping that my parents would not be home anytime soon.

"Why didn't you contact me since Friday? Did something happened?"

"Chorong ah, my parents... they forbid me from interacting with you.. My phone was taken away, and other than school, I'm not allowed to go out.. I.. I even got hit trying to protest.." I told the truth, thinking that not hiding anything would be better. 

Frowning, she hugged me. "Does it hurt? A lot?"

I nodded truthfully. She continued, "I'm sorry Bomi, then perhaps I shouldn't find you again.."

"No.." I protested. I did not want Chorong to leave, no matter how much my parents disapproved.

"Anyway Bomi ah, those pictures with blood and all.... Naeun told me she put it because Eunji told her to.." She said. I opened my mouth in shock. Why would she have done that to Chorong, when we were best friends since young? I took Chorong's phone and sent Eunji a text. 

To: Eunji
Hi Eunji, Bomi here using Chorong's phone. Why did you ask Naeun to put all those terrifying stuff on Chorong's table? I thought you were a nice person, I thought you treated us as best friends. Turns out you've changed. I'm disappointed.

Eunji's POV

I received a message from Chorong, or Bomi rather. 'Hi Eunji, Bomi here using Chorong's phone. Why did you ask Naeun to put all those terrifying stuff on Chorong's table? I thought you were a nice person, I thought you treated us as best friends. Turns out you've changed. I'm disappointed.'

My heart sank. Bomi views me differently now. All I wanted was for her to pay more attention to me, rather than Chorong all the time. Now how do I ever face them again?

I texted Naeun. 'I did not expect you to betray me. You said you loved me.'

Naeun's POV

After Chorong left, I expected Eunji to find out any time soon. I sat on my bed, wondering if what I did was right. Not long later, as I expected, Eunji found out. Please forgive me.. I thought.

'I did not expect you to betray me. You said you loved me.'

I just hid my face in the pillow, crying as I knew the friendship, or whatever relationship we had, was now officially over. Completely over.
 
Bomi's POV
 
Just when I wanted that to happen the least, my parents came back. Judging from the extra pair of shoes outside, they suspected something and was not that surprised when they saw Chorong. Their faces were filled with rage, until Chorong did something that made all of us shocked. Walking towards my parents who were standing near the doorstep, Chorong knelt down in front of them. 
 
With tears rolling down her cheeks, Chorong begged, "Firstly, I came here on my own accord, so please do not hit her for this. If really needed, cane me, I will take the punishment for her. Secondly, I really love Bomi, and I can't live without her. For her, I can look past everything. So I beg you, Mr and Mrs Yoon, do not forbid us from being together. Please."
 

A/N:
An update because I'm too lazy to study Dx will study once I post this though!
2eun just got destroyed before anything much could happen :( but NaRong's friendship is so real and sweet :')
And I hope ChoMi turns out well x: Those sacrifices they'd do for each other.
On a side note, it is entirely up to your own interpretation as to whether Chorong did take the punishment for Bomi, heh.
What do you guys think will happen next? [x

@SONEShawolELFDiadem your answer is here^^

@athousandreveries and now you find out Eunji had always been aware of Naeun's love and was making use of it!! D:

@akumatsubasa haha yep, problems just keep arising and the ships aren't going to sail smoothly just quite yet.

@mayounooo thanks for reading :]

Thanks for supporting! (: