Forever

Change

"Eunji ah, it's getting late so let's go home," Naeun said. The two of them boarded the bus just like they usually do, and headed towards Naeun's house.

Unlike what Naeun usually do, which was to talk a lot about everything and be all lovey-dovey, Naeun simply interlaced their fingers and looked out of the window. She could not get it out of her head that it was one of the last times they would get to sit on the bus together like that. Of course, Eunji noticed that Naeun was acting rather strange.

"Naeun ah, you alright?" Eunji asked in a worried tone.

"Mmm, just a little tired," Naeun replied, giving the ever-so-cliché excuse.

"Rest well when you reach home okay? We still have school tomorrow." Naeun nodded, giving no verbal response. Although she was unusually quiet, Eunji passed it off as her being tired.

***

"I'm sorry, don't cry anymore hmm? Let's have breakfast," Chorong said, pulling Bomi's hands and walking towards the table.

"Chorong ah, can we not go to school today?" Bomi asked.

"Why? We need to study, Bomi." Chorong was a rather obedient student who would not skip school.

"Because.. I'm not in the mood to.." Bomi was not expecting Chorong to say yes, especially not with that kind of reason. She got up and wanted to prepare for school.

"Alright, let's skip school for today then," Chorong said, surprising Bomi. The former actually did not support this idea the very least bit, but she knew Bomi was terribly upset and she felt the need to do something about it. "Let's go out, let's go somewhere that will cheer you up. Where do you want to go?"

Bomi made a turn and walked behind Chorong. Hugging her from the back, she whispered weakly, "Thanks so much Chorong. I love you."

Standing up, Chorong shifted Bomi's hands to her waist area. She turned around such that both of them were facing each other. Pulling Bomi's cheeks, Chorong said, "I love you too. So smile a bit, alright?"

Bomi rubbed the spot that was pulled and pouted, complaining that it was painful. In response, Chorong smiled sheepishly and muttered "hehe sorry". Thereafter, she pecked Bomi's cheek and commented, "You look cute pouting. Anyway, does that make it up?"

Although she was blushing from Chorong's actions, Bomi could feel Chorong's sincerity in wanting to make her happier. In an attempt to show that she would be okay, she smiled the most genuine smile she could bring herself to make.

Seeing that Bomi seemed a little better, Chorong asked again, "So where do you want to go?"

"Hmmm.. Let's go to the beach, shall we?"

"Okay let's go," Chorong agreed immediately. Both of them grabbed a few necessities and left for the beach.

***

"Naeun ah, Chorong just messaged me saying that she would be spending a day out with Bomi and both of them won't be coming to school. Do you want to sit with me?" Eunji suggested, to which Naeun readily agreed. She would not want to lose this chance to spend even more time with Eunji before she migrated.

The lessons started and they attended them as usual. However, Naeun was just physically present. She was still in a conflict as to whether she should tell Eunji the truth.

"Naeun?" Eunji waved her hands in front of Naeun's face, but there was no response. 

"Naeun!" Eunji tapped on Naeun's shoulder, causing the latter to jump.

"Yea- Yeah?" Naeun stuttered, turning to look at Eunji.

"Are you alright? You seem very distracted."

Naeun took a deep breath. I will tell her the truth. It's more fair to her that way. "Eunji ah, I-"

"Jung Eunji, Son Naeun, stop talking. If you both continue talking I'm afraid I would have to send you both back to your seats," their teacher warned. As both of them did not want to risk not being able to sit with each other, they kept quiet instantly. Eunji took out a post-it, scribbled a few words on it and slid it to Naeun's table.

You don't look okay. We'll talk later, I'll listen to you :)

After reading it, Naeun looked up and smiled at Eunji. Deep inside, she was unsure again. The only moment that she had the courage to tell the truth, their teacher just had to ruin it.

===

The two of them held hands as they walked out of the school.

"Naeun, just now you were saying..?" Eunji brought up the topic they wanted to talk about in class.

On the other hand, Naeun was secretly hoping that Eunji would forget about it. She was not prepared to tell Eunji that she was going to migrate. "Oh, errr..."

Eunji waited for Naeun to continue her sentence. Her anticipation turned into surprise when she heard Naeun's question.

"Eunji, will you always love me? Regardless of what happens?"

"Of course I will," Eunji said without hesitation, "What happened? You've been asking weird questions. Are you by any chance leaving me?" Tears welled up in Eunji's eyes as the thought of Naeun leaving crossed her mind.

"No, I won't ever leave you," Naeun just could not bear to reveal everything, especially after seeing the tears in Eunji's eyes. "It's just that I heard from my parents that I'll be away for quite some time, since America's far away."

"I'll miss you then." Eunji dried up her tears. "But no matter how long you go, I'll always wait for you to come back and I'll always love you. Have fun there, Naeun."

Naeun nodded, not wanting to say anything. How do I have fun after parting with you?

***

In no time, Chorong and Bomi were facing the broad sea. With the waves and greenery, it was a rather refreshing sight. Both of them just sat down next to each other on the sand in silence, admiring the beautiful scenery of the beach. That was, until Bomi broke the still atmosphere between them.

Shifting herself even closer to Chorong, Bomi hooked her arms around Chorong's and interlaced their fingers together. She leaned her head on Chorong's shoulder and finally said, "Rong, it's so tough. How do you manage to do that all the time?"

"Hmm?" Chorong was completely confused by Bomi's abrupt comments.

"Acting fine when it totally hurts. It's so hard to do that. Everything just becomes unbearable." Bomi could no longer hold her tears in anymore. Everything had been very hard on her. She would never leave Chorong, yet having to leave the house just to pursue the relationship was painful too.

Using the other hand that was free, Chorong patted on Bomi's head. "I'm really sorry Bomi. Perhaps entering your life once again just ruined your whole life."

Bomi shook her head in response. "Don't think like that, don't leave me.. This might have been the hardest time of my life so far, but I'm sure it's the happiest time as well."

Chorong turned herself and hugged Bomi. "Cry, cry all you want. Let it all out. You'll feel better after that."

She then felt her clothes getting damp, but she did not care. While Bomi cried in her arms, Chorong said with her soft voice, "You've sacrificed so much for me, I won't ever leave you Bomi. I will love you forever, and my love for you will just become greater. We'll get through all these together."


A/N: How is 2eun going to handle their separation? T_T and Bomi being the fragile one now, so thankful that Chorong is there for her. Btw, now that we're approaching the end, I have some new ideas and might potentially develop them into other fanfics, so I would appreciate it if yall give comments as to how I can improve on my writing! And also the next chapter won't come till at least mid of next week since I'm going on a vacation (Y) unless there's the chance for me to write and find wifi to update ^^ Yep that's all, thanks for reading~ ^^

@apinkjejlover haha it's been a never-ending messing of your feels, hasn't it? anyway, Naeun has no choice :((

@athousandreveries should the Goddess be with Baboji forever? Or does their fate just end now? xD hahaha now Bomi has to remember that Chorong is always there with her. 

@ChristiiChan I don't mind either :) but victory hmm... perhaps? HAHAHA that idea xD perhaps she would, out of desperation to not leave baboji T_T

@akumatstubasa as usual, rollercoaster ride >< Naeun would be depressed too :/

@milkcafe yep, #staystrongchomi #staystrong2eun since forever