CHAPTER 7: MY PERSON

BODYGUARD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the 3rd  year of  being at the Seoul Fashion Week for Seo – she was familiar with the general mayhem that went on and behind the scenes.  Before she was with Sooyoung with the female models but this time since she was with Jungshin so she was with the male models.

Her eyes were subjected to a lot of the best bodies in Korea. She tried her best to be as objective as possible.  All the female staff seemed oblivious to the exposed flesh but Seo could feel her cheeks heat up whenever a male model came in to change.  When it was Jungshin’s turn, CNBlue’s Maknae practically begged her to close her eyes.  She found it funny and sweet but did what he asked.  She told him he looked very handsome in the 3 piece suit he was modeling.

“You’ve told me that every time I changed.” He laughs as he slips into a beautifully cut coat.

“I’m sincere. You look good.” Seo smiles up at him.

“Don’t let my Hyung hear you say that.” Jungshin smirks. “He’s a jealous guy.”

Seo pales. If Jungshin noticed them how many other people noticed?

“Hey! I’ve been with the man for so long. He is very very very interested in you. I’ve never seen him this distracted.  But it took a while for me to piece it together.  He stares at you for very long periods – you’re oblivious by the way. He observes everything you do from the drinks to the food.  Oh – I gotta go talk to you later.” Jungshin hurries away.

Seo suddenly feels a migraine coming on. She sits down in one of the folding chairs. Just then her phone gets text message.

Have you eaten? I hope you have if not get something to eat or you may get a migraine. – Love, Yong Oppa.

Just then her phone was ringing.  It was Thunder.

“Seo! Please keep a close watch around you.  Minhyuk’s family restaurant had a fire this morning. Don’t worry everyone’s alright including his parents.  L and Sajangnim are at the scene and working closely with the police.”

“Jungshin’s on the catwalk right now.  He’s fine.” Seo walks towards the edge of the walk.  Jungshin had just reached the end when someone started shouting.  What happened next was chaos.  The catwalk was high – it was that way because that day there were balcony seats open to the public.  Lots of cameras meant lots of flashes. The catwalk started collapsing and the people seated at the raised audience seats were panicking.

Seo forgot Thunder and only focused on Jungshin.  She pushed against bodies that were running everywhere.

“Shine-ee! Shin-ee!” She unconsciously screams his nickname.

There were 3 male models on top of each other.  Their clothes were dusty but otherwise they were fine. Jungshin hurt his elbow when he collided with Ricky Kim and both fell on Dennis Oh. To their credit they still looked handsome and managed to laugh shakily when they were being pulled out.

Jungshin was pale but otherwise alright when she helps pull him out of the rubble. She checks him over and then takes him backstage. The FNC manager was shaking and had already called FNC about what happened.

Joo felt her phone vibrating.  It was Lee Joon.

“Seo – what happened?  We started seeing live feed of the stage collapsing. Is Jungshin alright? Are you alright?”

“Jungshin-ssi is fine Sunbae – his elbow is a bit swollen but otherwise he’s alright if a little shaken.” Seo reports.

“I want you to take him to our headquarters first.  Minhyuk and Thunder are there too. Jonghyun is still at the studio with Hoya.”

Is he alright?

 “Yonghwa’s pretty shaken up. He was at his studio when we heard the news about the fire then this one with Jungshin. We are on our way to headquarters now.”

“I’ll take Jungshin-ssi there as soon as he’s changed.” Seo closes her phone and hurries to Jungshin.

“I’m fine Hyung! Really! Seo pulled me out.” Jungshin was on the phone. “Seo? She’s right here beside me. Her hands are bleeding I doubt she even noticed. What? Alright.” Jungshin hands her his mobile. “He wants to talk to you.”

“Seo here.” She forces herself to speak normally.  Her blood was rushing, her heart was pounding – she was happy he was alright.

“I’m so glad you’re alright.”  She heard him say. “I want to see you later. Give the phone to Jungshin, Jagiya.”

“Huh?” Seo’s mind blanked out.

“I said give the phone to Jungshin. Jagiya.” He repeats it.

“Alright.” She answers and gives the phone to Jungshin.

She walks to the nearest chair and sits down her mind in a daze.  This man had the ability to turn her world upside down and if she wasn’t so worried about him right now she would have probably yelled at him for calling her that.

Jagiya.

“Seo! Let’s go! I won’t change my clothes.” Jungshin stands up and gets his back pack.

They settle down behind the van and both unconsciously sign.  It had been a hectic day.

“Are you alright?” Seo looks at Jungshin.

“Yes – I was a bit woozy because we landed on top of each other but I had to pull myself together because I heard you calling my name. How are your hands?”

Seo looked at the fingers that were covered with Band-Aids. “I’m alright.  I think I just was concerned with getting you out from under 2 hefty guys.”

“You called me by my nickname. The one Hyung uses.” Jungshin smiles at her. “Do you remember that?”

“Well, yes I do. Sorry about that.” Seo colors.

“No – you can call me Shin-ee all you want. Don’t think Hyung will appreciate it though - he’s possessive.” Jungshin lowers his voice so that his manager wouldn’t hear.

“Uhm about that-“Seo tucks a strand of stray hair behind her ears.

“Seo – just don’t hurt him.  He’s the nicest guy. I love the man. He doesn’t have a good reputation – he’s a flirt and a ladies’ man and all that but that’s not all true. What’s true is that he’s a brilliant song writer, lyricist, arranger and producer. He’s dedicated to CNBlue and Boice. So if he’s interested in you and you’re interested him – give yourselves a chance.  My mouth is shut.” Jungshin looks at her earnestly.

Seo just looks at Jungshin.  She had no response. Jungshin just smiles at her and closes his eyes telling her to wake him up when they get to the security offices.

When Seo and Jungshin enter the main offices of the security agency and Tiffany greets them.

“Are you alright?” Tiffany examines Seo’s hands.

“I’m fine Unnie – not to worry.” Seo nods and gently pulls her hands away. “Don’t make a big deal please – Samchon has enough problems. Part of my job remember?”

“Alright – I know you’ve been in worst situations.  Go into the conference room – everyone’s waiting.” Tiffany tells them.

“Ah – Seo! I’m glad you’re here. Jungshin – I hope everything is alright with you?” So Ji Sub greets them.

Seo felt very self-conscious.  She knew everyone was looking at them – Yonghwa was looking at them. Her quick survey of the room showed that he was seated next to her Uncle, Jonghyun and Lee Joon Sunbae.

“I’ll just go get Jungshin-ssi some pain killers – his elbow’s hurting.” Seo stammers before going out of the room.

She gets the medicine and a small cup of water quickly and was handing it over to Jungshin. Helping him out of his long coat – Seo helps him roll up his sleeve and she applies a cold compress to his elbow.

“So L – can you tell them the statement from the restaurant.” So Ji Sub looks at L.

“Before the fire started the 2 servers, the cook and Minhyuk’s mother told us that there was a sort of white smoke coming from the exhaust fan. Cook said that the smell left a bitter taste in their mouths.  Then suddenly they were on the floor gagging and couldn’t move.  The fire started with the oil being spilled on the open stove because Cook fell to the floor. Minhyuk’s father and their produce buyer came in from the outside and found them.  They called 119 and opened the windows.  The hospital hasn’t released any information yet on what happened to them but we have an insider who’s going to give us the info as soon as. Minhyuk and Thunder are leaving right after the meeting to check on his parents.”

Everyone notices that Yonghwa covers his face with his hands and shakes his head.

“Hyung – don’t start blaming yourself. It’s not your fault. Appa told me to tell you that.” Minhyuk stands up and sits next to his Hyung. “Don’t please. If you must blame someone blame whoever has been doing this to us for the last 6 months.”

“Have there been any change in the letters?” So Ji Sub looks at Hoya.

“No, they’re the same as they are every day.  They are mailed from 10 different post offices.” Hoya answers.

“How about the fashion show?” Lee Joon looks at Seo.

“I believe that the catwalk was weakened.  Daniel Henney’s work was the 4th fashion line today. I have the number of the venue director and I’m going back there tomorrow.” Seo informs them.

“Take Thunder with you. CNBlue has practice tomorrow so they’ll all be at FNC.  Han Sajangnim and the Directress are now getting ready to release 2 statements for the police and the news agencies.” Lee Joon informs her.

“Sajangim – is TOP sunbae going to be helping us out with this?” Hoya asks the Security Head.

“Yes, TOP is back from YG.  He’ll be assisting us in this.  He and I agree that the closer CNBlue is to enlisting the more frequent these incidents will be.  And the more these incidents are the more careless this person will be.  This particular stalker is up for mischief and he or she only means to harm or slightly injure. It’s more psychological – geared to make Yonghwa suffer stress and guilt.” So Ji Sub replies.

“But don’t let that get you Yonghwa because if it does then your stalker would have won.  We’ll continue to be vigilant and CNBlue’s schedules will continue.  Han Sajangnim is agreeable to that. We will continue our investigations and security.  As you now know the police are alerted to what is happening to CNBlue.  They will help with security best they can. In return we are to deliver the stalker to them for interrogation and trial. So if ever he’s caught don’t beat him up too much.”

“What if it’s a woman?” Seo asks.

“Then you better not finish her off niece.” Her uncle answers. “I mean it.”

“Alguessamnida.” Seo answers quietly.

“What did you do Seo?” Jungshin turns to her.

“I can’t tell you.” Seo tells him.

“She beat up a woman in Macau for selling young girls in China.” Thunder answers. “The woman was half dead when the police came. Four broken ribs, a broken nose, a broken jaw and a busted knee cap.”

“Our client doesn’t need to know that Thunder. Don’t embarrass your partner.” Hoya scolds the younger guard.

“Beings who sell 6 year old girls to dirty old men aren’t human.” Seo responds. “I’m not repentant.”

“We are out of topic here.” So Ji Sub states. “L, have you found out the contents of the spray bottle? And the CCTV for the vandalism to Seo’s car.”

“The spray bottle contained a plant compound that stung the eyes and causes temporary facial paralysis. I believe it was meant for Yonghwa and or his friends. As for the CCTV – we have Yonghwa’s father to thank for helping us get a copy of the CCTV.  The Busan police actually has a suspect in jail.  The suspect has declared that he was paid by a woman to do this to Seo’s vehicle telling him that it was her husband’s car. He described the woman at great detail however we are sure that it’s only a disguise. The assailant and the suspect are not the same person. Seo’s description of the assailant is closer to the description of the woman who paid the suspect. While the vandalism suspect is a burly man and has been a person of interest in several other petty crimes in Busan.” L narrates.

“So we can profile the stalker more clearly now. He or she is maybe 177 cms and skinny about 55 kilos but not weak. He or she is knowledgeable in chemistry and compounds. The liquid in the spray bottle was home made. When the tox screens come in from the hospital we’ll know what was inhaled.  We will have to wait on what Seo and Thunder will find out what happened in the fashion show.” Hoya tells the group.

“I think that’s all for today.  We’re glad you parents are safe Minhyuk I know you want to leave now – please let Thunder take you to the hospital and stay with you until you get back to your dorm. Jungshin, Jonghyun and Yonghwa – you all can go with Seo back to your dorm.  Lee Joon and Hoya need to stay here until TOP comes.” So Ji Sub stands up.

“Seo – don’t forget Taser and gun.” Thunder tells his partner.  “Call me for anything.” He stands next to her and pats her shoulder. “We’re going now. I will check on you later.  Text me when you get home.”

“You too – text me.” Seo smiles up at her partner. “I’ll take the SUV – you take the sedan. The keys are with Fany Unnie”

He hands her the keys to the SUV and waves goodbye to her. Minhyuk gives her an eye smile and goes to join Thunder.

“Let’s go.” Seo tells Yonghwa, Jonghyun and Jungshin. The other 2 were smiling but Yonghwa was definitely not smiling.  He had no expression at all. Much like how he used to be when she started with CNBlue.

“Jungshin you ride in front.” Yonghwa tells their youngest when they get to the SUV.

Seo’s heart gives a twinge but she reasons that he probably didn’t want his bandmates to notice. Seo swallows a lump on and mentally scolds herself for being silly.

 Why would Yonghwa want to ride with her when other people where around?

They drive to the dorm in silence. In the elevator Jungshin starts to tell his Hyungs what happened to him and Seo that day. Jonghyun lightly touches Seo’s clenched hands asking her if the cuts were deep. Seo shakes her head and smiles a little. Yonghwa does not comment.

When they get to the dorm Jungshin and Jonghyun declare that they’re hungry.

“Do you cook Seo?” Jungshin asks her.

“Why are you asking her to cook?” Yonghwa snaps. “Does she look like a house maid to you?” He grabs Seo’s hand and heads for his room. “Order and I’ll pay.”

“Yonghwa-ssi!” Seo gasps as he shoves her into the room. He locks the door and pulls her to the bathroom.  From the cabinet he brings out an emergency kit.

“Not a word.” He tells her.

He removes the plasters and washes her hands.  He then dries them and starts to apply ointment to her scratches and covers them with fresh bandages. He looks at her before putting the kit back and hol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter