CHAPTER 15 - STAYING TOGETHER

BODYGUARD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He watched her step outside her ruined house. Sungjong was still angry but he also felt guilty – the female bodyguard had only shown him kindness.  He put that out of his mind while he was tearing her home apart. Woohyun was screaming at him when he told him what he intended to do.

“You’re becoming crazy! Nana wouldn’t want you to do this!” Woohyun fell to the floor when Sungjong’s fist hits his stomach.

“Leave me if you don’t want to continue this. I don’t need you.” Sungjong leaves and slams the door.

Now he sees her pale but composed face. CNBlue and the other bodyguard were loading two boxes and 1 luggage on the back of the band. She was talking to the police men.

He hears one of the elderly ladies call her. Excusing herself from the police he watches her talk to a group of elders. His eyes narrow when she  briefly embraces each elderly woman and bows to the older men. She tells them not to worry about her and the dog. She tells them to head back home and that the police would take care of everything.

Sungjong walks away. Once again he thanks his luck. The big dog would have been hard to get pass then he just shrugs his shoulder – he would have had to kill it. A pity because it was such a beautiful animal.

“Are you sure everything is here?” Yonghwa turns to Seo. He was as pale as she was and more than upset.

“Yes everything that Dubu needs are in the boxes.  I’ll just buy another sack of dog food from her vet. It won’t be a problem. Oppa – please – don’t be so upset.” Seo blinks back her tears.

Seeing Yonghwa upset made her feel even more dreadful. She was thankful that Dubu wasn’t there. She valiantly tried to block scary thoughts what could have happened if Dubu was home.

“I am beyond upset! I am furious! And I want to hit somebody! Can you imagine what would have happened to you or to Dubu if that intruder came and found you or her in the house alone?” Yonghwa exclaims. He throws the boxes in the trunk of the van and faces her with his fists clenched.

“Oppa please!” Seo takes one of his clenched hands and covers them with both her hands.  “Nothing happened. Let’s just finish up so we can go.”

“Maknae!” Thunder calls out.” Police want a statement from you tomorrow morning. “

“Alright I’ll be there.” Seo nods.

“And I already called Lee Joon Sunbae.” Thunder tells her.

“What? Yah! Park Sang-hyun! Who told you to do that?” Seo was annoyed.

“I did. I told him to tell Lee Joon.” Yonghwa tells her.

“Oppa! I would have told him tomorrow.  Did you tell TOP Oppa and Unnie too?” Seo scowls at them.

“Our client told me to tell all those connected to you and I did just that.  Even if he didn’t tell me to do it I would still tell them Seo Joohyun!” Thunder scowls at her as well.

“Stop! Stop! Don’t quarrel!” Yonghwa pulls Seo closer to him. “Be mad at me instead.”

“I’m mad at you – did you think I wouldn’t be?” Seo tries to move away but Yonghwa holds her firmly to his side.

“Be careful – she might kick you!” Thunder cautions Yonghwa. “She’s been known to do that!”

“Ah! I’ll kick you instead!” Seo launches herself at Thunder and finds herself swept up in Yonghwa’s arms.

“Stop!” He tells her sternly. He motions Minhyuk to open the van and he puts her in the back seat. “Just sit and don’t move Seo Joohyun or you’ll see me get mad.”

“But I wouldn’t have kicked-“ She stammers. She was horrified that Oppa would think that she would kick him.

“Ara – you wouldn’t do that to me but you would do that to Thunder! He’s like your brother.  We’re just worried about you. And you being angry at us doesn’t do anything.” He holds her hot face between his hands. “Now be a good girl and sit here and just let us finish up. Don’t move arrasso?” He pecks her lips and lightly squeezes her cheeks. “Such a temper – from my cool calm Seo! An eye opener!”

“But – I…” Seo was speechless. If it weren’t for Oppa she would have given Thunder a smack. The sneaky thing! And it wasn’t fair for Oppa to side with him. She scowls and settles in the back seat.  Now Lee Joon, TOP Oppa and Dara Unnie would be all over her and concerned. Seo hated that.  She could take care of herself and Dubu.

As she predicted Lee Joon and Hoya arrive 15 minutes later – just as they were leaving.

“Maknae! Are you alright?” Hoya gets into the van and looks her over.

Seo took a deep breath before answering him. “Sunbae I’m fine – except for thrashing the house – he didn’t do anything.  All my clothes are intact.” She wanted to be cool and collected. Always.

“Thunder said you got mad at him again for telling Lee Joon Sunbae.” Hoya replies. “It’s not like you but we understand – it’s your home and it was just a good thing that Dubu wasn’t home.”

Seo sighs and makes a quick vow. “My apologies Sunbae.” Her hands clench behind her back.

“Allow us to worry about you huh?! We’re just as close as family.” Hoya tells her sternly before softening and patting her shoulder.

Seo sighs as she watches Hoya get out of the van.  She watches her Sunbaes and CNBlue go in and out of the house.  They ended up with 6 boxes and one more bag of Seo’s clothes.

“There I think we got everything that was salvageable.” Jonghyun sits next to Seo and smiles at her. “Are you over getting mad?”

“Mian – I just didn’t want to – “Seo replies before she was cut off by Minhyuk.

“Worry over you? C’mon Seo – of course we have to care. You’re being silly!” He lightly tweaks her nose before settling on the seat in front of them. “I saw your CD collection you even have our Japanese albums. Mian we will try our best to replace them.”

Seo feels her face become warm. “I never said I wasn’t a fan.”

Jonghyun, Jungshin and Minhyuk start to laugh at her embarrassment. “You’re always fun to tease Seo-nah!” Jonghyun reaches over to pull at her ponytail.

Seo starts to laugh as well.

“Yah – what are you doing to her?” Yonghwa gets on the van and looks at his girlfriend who was laughing just as hard as s.

“It’s alright.” She wipes her nose and the tears in her eyes with her handkerchief. “They were just teasing me for being a fan.”

“Hyung, Seo-nah had a lot of our albums even the Japanese ones. And there she was months ago acting like she didn’t know us.” Jungshin tells Yonghwa.

“Ah even then she liked me!” Yonghwa gets on the van and lightly squeezes her hand.

“Mianeyo, Oppa you weren’t my favorite then.” Seo shakes her head. “Shin-nee was.”

Her honest remark brought an explosion of laughter from his doongsaengs. “Wah – that puts you in your place Hyung!”

Yonghwa shakes his head and puts on his famous duck pout. “You’re too honest Seo Joohyun! You could have at least pretended that I was!”

“Mian Oppa” Seo and the 3 CNBlue members laugh even harder.

“Ah – Maknae’s laughing now – good job!” Lee Joon looks at the group.

“ You seem to be in and out of police stations lately Maknae.” Hoya comes up behind Lee Joon. “We need to find you somewhere to stay the night. I’ve assured your Uncle and TOP Sunbae that you’re fine. Your Dara Noona wants you to see her and Dubu tomorrow.”

“Uhm – Han Hwejangnim has an empty condo unit near the river. It’s where FNC guests stay when they come to Seoul.  I’ve already talked to him and we can just drive Seo there.” Yonghwa tells them.

“I’ll take care of transferring her, Sunbaes.” Thunder tells Lee Joon and Hoya. “We will just see you in the morning.”

“Alright. Be sure that it’s a safe place.” Lee Joon nods. “Maknae – we need to talk before you go to the police station.  We need to figure out why you were targeted. L is working on that aspect right now, just get a good night’s sleep.”

“Kamsahamnida Sunbae. I will see you in the morning.” Seo bows. The van leaves while Lee Joon and Hoya stay until the police leave.

“Where is this place that you mentioned to Lee Joon Sunbae?” Thunder asks Yonghwa.

“I’ll give you directions.” Jungshin volunteers.

Yonghwa sits in the back and pulls Seo closer to him.

“You alright really?” He whispers.

“Oppa – the stalker knows about us and I’m frightened for you.” Seo whispers back.

“I don’t think he knows or I would like to think he doesn’t but either way – I am frightened for you not for me – you silly girl!” He pulls her closer and manages to embrace her.

“Oppa – they might see.” Seo stammers.

“Seo Joohyun – they know about us. I’m not embarrassed and you shouldn’t be either.” His face was only inches from hers.

“No kissing in the back seat – we’ll get jealous!” Jonghyun calls out. Everyone snickered but no one turned around.

Seo hid her face in the crook of YOnghwa’s neck.  She could feel him laughing softly and she reacts by pinching his side. He reacts by moving off her.

“Ow!” He chuckles. “Not fair I can’t do that to you.” He keeps his arm around her waist, his other hand holding both her hands.

When they reach a tall building, Jungshin  instructs Thunder to let the window down. Reaching over he puts his palm out against the box that was next to the huge gate.

“High tech!” Thunder comments. “How deep should we go?”

“3rd basement.” Minhyuk remarks. “Security cameras all around and 2 guards  per basement.”

“Must be expensive.” Thunder said. “I must tell So Ji Sub Sajangnim to raise our fees if Han Sajangnim can afford this.”

This remark brought snickers among the members except Yonghwa.

They alight from the van and everyone takes a box.  Yonghwa holds the luggage while Seo takes her overnight bag. They head for the elevator and Yonghwa puts his hand on the screen. The door opens and they step inside the elevator.

“Security here is tight.” Seo murmurs as she looks at the 2 CCTV cameras on the elevator. Once again Yonghwa puts his palm on the scanner and the elevator door closes.

“Uhm – no floor numbers?” Thunders asks.

“There’s no need – the system knows what floor we’re going to.” Yonghwa replies. “Security can see us.”

“Tenants here must pay a high premium for the security.” Seo remarks.

“Seo-nah it’s very rare that you’ll see your neighbors. There are only 2 tenants per floor and 6 elevators. Only 1 tenant and or their guests can ride the elevator up to the tenant’s floor.” Jonghyun tells her.

“No gym or pool?” Thunder asks.

“No – the premium is privacy. The owners here value that more than a gym or a pool. They keep to themselves. Most probably they have their gyms at home or belong to a club.” Yonghwa replies.

“But what about Dubu? Will they accept pets here?” Seo was worried.

“Of course they will. But only a maximum of 1 dog or 2 cats. Exotic birds and or fish must be approved by the property management.” Yonghwa tells her.

Thunder and Seo nod.  Their business was security and this building was ultra-modern in that aspect.

The elevator opens and they step out. There were only 2 doors. One at each end. Their elevator was closer to the door on the left.

“This way.” Jungshin tells them. When they reach the door CNBlue steps aside and Yonghwa again opens the door with his palm.

“Are you all cleared to enter this place?” Thunder asks as they enter the foyer of the unit.

“Only until the basement, everything else requires Hyung’s hand prints.” Jonghyun replies.

“It’s huge.” Seo looks at Yonghwa.

The view of the Han River was spectacular. They could see all the lights.  It was floor to ceiling glass windows and entire house had an open floor plan. There was an L shaped leather sofa and a glass table on top of thick white shaggy carpet. The wooden floor shone. The TV on the wall was huge.  The living room flowed to the dining area where a chrome and glass table for six was featured.  Everything was new and the unit was impersonal there were no personal things.

“Nobody has lived here.” Seo observes. “Everything feels new. It’s a bit too much for me to live here with Dubu.” She shakes her head. “I don’t want to bother anyone.”

“You’re not bothering anyone.” Yonghwa tells her. “Come, put your personal items in the bedroom.”

“How many bedrooms?” Thunder asks.

“Just one.” Yonghwa replies.

Seo follows Yonghwa to a spacious bedroom.  The bed was modern – the bedding was white and there were accent area rugs on the floor. Soft recessed lighting filled the room.

“You can have it brighter if you want to. The controls are on the bedside table. Do you want me to help you un-pack?” He asks.

“Thanks Oppa I can do it. I- really don’t want to impose so I won’t unpack. Dubu and I will stay here for at least 2 days. I’m sure I can find another apartment.” Seo replies. The thought of living with her Uncle or with Dara and TOP Oppa wasn’t possible because she wouldn’t be able to see Oppa after hours.

“Uhm – your personal things I put them in the bag. Don’t worry – I was the only one who did it.” His cheeks color lightly.

“It’s because you didn’t want me to go back to my apartment.” Seo replies. The thought of Oppa putting her underwear, bras and nighties inside her overnight bag made her blush. “Thank you.”

“Well, I am your boyfriend after all.” He scratches his head. It was an awkward moment for both of them.

“Hey you two – we’re leaving.” Thunder calls out.

“I’ll be alright Oppa.” Seo smiles up at Yonghwa. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Yonghwa just smiles and leaves the room.

Seo sighs and puts down the bag when she hears the door close.  She opens it and takes out her silk pajamas with the matching robe.

“Well, now Oppa knows what my secret passion it.” She mumbles.

Seo and her Unnies splurged on intimate wear. Their reason was that they were in suits all day and low heels – at least if they had silk underwear on they felt like women. Her entire overnight bag was full of it.

“So are you going to take a bath or a shower?” Yonghwa walks into the bedroom. Seo’s jaw drops.

“Oppa what are you doing here? I thought you left.” Seo sits down on the bed.

“I know the owner.” He smiles at her and sits down on the bed.

“Oh.” She whispers. “And the owner would be?”

“Me.” Yonghwa’s smile got wider.

“Yah – stop being choding!” Seo  frowns. “Not funny.”

He gets up from the bed and walks to the wall cabinets.  Pulling the handles, the doors open and a light shines on the built-in dressing room. It had rows of suits, jeans, shirts and shoes. There was a small stand in the middle. Yonghwa comes out and opens another cabinet next to the huge TV. It opens to rows on rows of Simpson dolls, hats, stuffed toys clearly all gifts from fans. 

 Seo could only stare. It was like a section of a department store, it was as big as the bedroom.

“Does that convince you?” He sits next to her. “I wasn’t being funny and you have to stay here.”

“Why?” Seo asks. Her heart was pounding. It was the first time they were really alone. No one was going to come in.

“Because I say so.” He gets up and holds out his hand. “Let’s go to the bathroom.” Seo takes his hand and allows him to lead her.

The bathroom was another huge space.  Again, the spectacular Seoul skyline could be seen. The bath tub could fit 2 people and there was an open shower stall. There were two toilets and each one had a door. The dressing table took up half the wall while the other half had 2 sinks. At the far end was a cabinet that Yonghwa opens and brings out a set of white towels. “Here use these. All the toiletries are fragrance free and for sensitive skin. Sorry I don’t have any flowery stuff for you. But you can get some tomorrow when you bring Dubu here. Ah – if you’re worried about the glass it’s all one way for the bathroom and you can control the amount of light that comes in. Same for the glass walls outside.”

“Oppa –“ Seo was beyond surprised. “This doesn’t show in your information.”

“Good for me.” He laughs. “It’s still under the previous owner’s name we just cleared the title this week. I had the place renovated. Before I go to the army all the property documents would have all been done.”

He walks up to her and takes her face in his hands. “Stop being nervous and take a shower.  I’ll be waiting outside.” Giving her a light peck on the lips he leaves her.

Seo surveys the opulent bath. No way she would use it.  Shaking her head as if to clear her mind, Seo strips off her smoke smelling suit and neatly folds everything including her underwear and puts them on the dressing room chair. Standing under the shower, Seo felt her thoughts clearing. She smiled at all the products in the shower – most of them she used herself.

As she put her pajamas on she decided that she would just spend two nights here with Dubu and find an apartment. She just couldn’t live here.

Tying her silk robe around her, Seo sits down and combs her damp hair. It felt wonderful to feel clean. It had been a roller coaster type of day.

Stepping out of the bathroom she sees Yonghwa leaning on the bed and the TV open. “Ah you’re done. Good it’s my turn. I’ve made space for you in the closet – you can put your clothes there. Your suits may be crumpled but there’s a built in steamer by the wall you can use. You can put your –uhm – things in the bag inside the 2nd drawer.” He gets up and grabs her used clothes. “Oh, and these go into the hamper by the back of the linen cabinet. We’ll just take them to the cleaners during the weekend.”

“Oppa – I don’t..”Seo looks at him helplessly.

“We can talk later. I really need a shower.” He winks at her and heads for the bathroom.

Seo sits on the bed and calls herself all sorts of silly names. She was 28 years old and she was alone with a man who was her boyfriend. It’s not like she was a young girl. She was filled with anti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter