CHAPTER 14 : JEALOUSY IS PART OF THE PACKAGE

BODYGUARD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the police investigation came out it was relayed to FNC by Lee Joon and Hoya. It was ascertained that the van’s brake line was tampered with. After checking vehicle schedules it was found that it was the van that AOA were supposed to use that day but the CNBlue manager had taken the wrong car keys and so Yonghwa and Jonghyun ended up using the van instead. Everyone shudders in horror - AOA’s female manager would not have managed the runaway van and the girls would have had a serious accident. The garage that maintained FNC’s vehicles was currently being investigated.

Seo’s heart was breaking when she saw the anguish and anger in Yonghwa’s face. She watches him personally apologize to each member of AOA.

“Oppa it’s not your fault.” Jimin exclaims. “Why are you apologizing?”

“Oppa –don’t be too discouraged. We’re sure that the stalker will be caught.” Mina smiles up him. She hooks her arm with his and leans closer.

“Yah? What are you doing? That’s Oppa. Get away!” ChoA disengages Mina’s arm and replaces it with hers. The other members chorus their displeasure and try to do the same. Yonghwa was laughing good naturedly with his cheeks slightly pink.

Seo wills herself not to be flustered. AOA was vocal in their crush for CNBlue’s leader. Seo was always careful in her facial expressions as AOA always hovered around CNBlue when both groups were in FNC. The last thing Seo wanted was to be jealous of them.

But you are Seo – you wish you could do that to Oppa.

Seo’s upbringing and training didn’t include outright flirting or even aegyo. She felt awkward and unsure.  Compared to them Seo felt dull and plain. Again she wondered what in the world Oppa saw in her.

Jungshin finally steps in and tells them to behave. He puts his arms around Yonghwa and tells them that Hyung was his.

 “Were you jealous?” Jungshin whispers to Seo as they were on their way to their schedule. Seo flushes and shakes her head. Jungshin just laughs. Yonghwa was seated in front and tried to catch Seo’s eye – she resolutely avoided looking at him.

CNBlue were guests at Sketchbook. It was acoustic night and a lot of fans were in the audience. Yuri and Seo were busy checking every female in the audience.  So far everyone was cooperating. Days after the accident with the van – the public was informed that the brake fluid line for the van was cut and this resulted in the accident. Netizens and fans alike took to the media portals demanding that the police find the stalker soon.

After the audience was seated Yuri and Seo go backstage. When they get to the dressing room they saw the FNC staff clustered around Sooyoung.

“Oh – Unnie what brings you here?” Yuri greets her.

“Ah – I couldn’t wait to show Seo this!” Sooyoung holds up the pictures from the photo shoot. Seo’s face pales.

“Ah let me see-“Yuri rushes to Sooyoung dragging Seo along.

The women part and Seo looks in horror as Yonghwa takes the photos from Sooyoung. “Let me see that.” He sits on the chair and they crowd around him.

“Yah- Seo-nah! You look absolutely stunning in these photos! Wah-the men are so handsome!” The PD noonas gush. “Come here and look! What a lucky girl you are!”

Seo had no choice but to move next to Yonghwa who had yet to let go of the photos. His face had no expression as he looked at each picture. He would move on to the next picture after the noonas tell him to.

“Yongie – if you’re not going to comment then can we just get the photos? We want to ask Seo-nah about the models!” The noonas start giggling.

“Too much skin.” Yonghwa looks up at Seo.  His tone was like the one he used to use when he first talked to her.  Seo felt her irritation rise. It was only work he knew that.

At least I didn’t flirt with any one – I should have!

“It’s a photo shoot Yonghwa-shi.  Maknae’s wearing the gown that I was supposed to wear. You look lovely in red Hyunnie!” Sooyoung embraces Seo. “I hope you enjoyed the shoot.  The director was very interested in getting you for another shoot but I told him you had school. He thinks you’re 22!”

Seo blushes. “Unnie – what about the case? Tiffany told me that we were able to provide information to the police about the person who was stealing the designs.” She desperately wanted to change the topic.

“Ah that. Well, it was one of the PD assistants. Poor Hong Suk-Chun cried when we informed him. The girl had been with them for 2 years.  She was quite ingenious – a photographic memory and also a hidden camera.  She had access to all the clothes and the materials. The detectives took her in for questioning last night. She’s still there and hasn’t revealed who her accomplices are.” Sooyoung sighs.

“Annyeong everyone!” Minhyuk and Jonghyun arrive followed by Jungshin who just concluded an interview. Thunder and Lee Joon were outside checking on the crew.  Hoya was still stationed at the entrance.

“Wah – come here and see how beautiful Seo-nah is in her photo shoot.” The eldest noona tells the members. She grabs the photos from Yonghwa and gives it to Jungshin. “Shin-ee don’t you wish you did the photo shoot with her?”

“Aniya – I would be self-conscious because of Seo.” Jungshin laughs. “But honestly uri Seo is so gorgeous here. Did you look at any of the male models?” His eyes were twinkling mischievously like the pabo that he was.

“I’m only human – of course I looked at them. They were all handsome.” Seo replies.

“While they were dressing up?” Minhyuk asks just a mischievously as Jungshin. Clearly the Maknaes were having a fun time teasing Seo.

“Of course not! Lee Joon Sunbae would have twisted my ear!” Seo had to laugh despite of her discomfort. “They had to change clothes after every shoot but I remained on the stage so I couldn’t really see them.”

“They probably didn’t feed you. That’s what they did to Sooyoung unnie and myself.” Yuri adds.

“Only half a sandwich and a bottle of water. The gown was really tight and of course no stomach should show.” Seo nods. She felt like a veteran model.

“Oops and I forgot the main thing –“Sooyoung runs near the door and picks ups what could only be a huge picture. “A gift from Kyung Ho Oppa and myself.” She unwraps the picture and shows it to them.

Seo could only gasp. 

Was that lovely woman reclining on the chaise lounge really her?

The camera captured Seo with her back towards the camera and her face in profile – it showed her long black wavy hair, exquisite makeup, small waist, pretty feet in 5 inch heels and most importantly the miles of exposed porcelain skin –back, legs and arms. Seo didn’t even realize that the photographer had taken it – she thought she was just getting ready for one of the shoots.

“Unnie!” Seo was speechless. “Thanks for re-touching it.” That was all she could manage to blurt out.

“Ani – uri Kyun Ho Oppa told me that there was no retouch. The photography director told him. You’re really gorgeous here Maknae. So this is a keep sake for you.” Sooyoung gives Seo a kiss and an embrace.

“What’s the commotion?” The 3 other bodyguards come in. They stop and stare at the picture.

“Wah! Maknae you look like a woman here!” Hoya looks at Seo.

“Sunbae!” Seo scowls at him. “Not funny!”

“I told you that you looked stunning in the photo shoot – you just didn’t believe me.” Lee Joon pulls at Seo’s ponytail. Since Lee Joon was her supervisor Seo couldn’t even glare at him.

“It must hard to be Maknae huh Seo-nah?” Jonghyun comes near her and taps her shoulder.

Seo nods. “Thank you Sooyoung Unnie. I’ll take it home later. Are the photos mine too?”

“Yup- for your portfolio. The magazine is coming out this week too. I promise to buy a lot.” Sooyoung tells them. Everyone murmurs that they’d buy a copy too.

Throughout all of this Seo is acutely aware that Yonghwa hadn’t said anything. He remained in his chair while the 3 other members were looking at the photos. 

“It’s almost time.” The PD noona reminds everyone. “Anyone of you boys need a re-touch?”

The boys shake their heads. The 3 male bodyguards step outside. Sooyoung bids farewell to everyone. Yuri helps Seo wrap the picture again.  It was almost time for the show to start.

There was a discreet knock on the door and the show’s host You Hee-yeol steps in and greets CNBlue. They engage in small talk punctuated by soft laughs and the host wishing them a successful military enlistment.

Seo stands quietly by the door. She and Yuri were listening to the conversation between the other 3 bodyguards over their wireless headsets. Everything was in order.

You Hee-yeol takes his leave and promises to see them on stage. Seo bows to him and holds open the door. “I didn’t know there was an agency that had pretty bodyguards.” He looks at Seo and Yuri.  They were used to comments like this. Both just bow and smile.

The show’s PD came in and told them to get ready in 5 minutes.  As CNBlue files out Seo once again notices that Yonghwa was quiet. She looks at him but he didn’t look her way. A sure sign that he was pissed with the pictures. When she follows them she mentally shrugs it off. He could be angry all he wants. His indifference and irritation made her heart ache. She would have to discuss this with him. It wasn’t fair.

The show starts with the interview portion and every member talking about what they would do after their enlistment. When Yonghwa’s turn came he simply said that he wanted to continue making songs and hopefully be in a serious relationship. You Hee-Yeol laughs and teases him about his playboy status and Yonghwa just shakes his head. It was just perception he said. It couldn’t be helped that Shin Hye’s name came up and once again Yonghwa states that they were still friends and that he was happy for her.  The playful host starts naming the women that have thru the years been linked to him and Yonghwa’s face starts to blush – the audience starts laughing. It didn’t help when the Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin start to laugh as well.

Seo had to look down and hide her smile.  It was like a sweet revenge for her.

CNBlue started their acoustic performance as a group.  They started with ‘Intuition” and “I’m Sorry”. They wowed the audience with their harmony especially with ‘I’m Sorry” since it was a rock song. Jonghyun and Yonghwa did a good job in re-arranging the rock song. Both high fived and congratulated each other.

First up to sing solo was Minhyuk.

Seo held her breath.  She knew Minhyuk was very nervous since it would be the first time he would be doing this.  He’d been practicing diligently with Yonghwa. “Sweet Holiday” was Minhyuk’s song. Despite of his initial nervousness Minhyuk was able to finish his song well judging from the long applause he got.

Jungshin chose a playful rendition of “Love Girl”.  His interaction with audience was adorable since he was his usual playful self. Seo knew just how nervous he was and she was proud that he was able to sing with ease. Another testament to Yonghwa’s tireless tutoring.

Jonghyun’s acoustic rendition of “Teardrops in the Rain” had the audience on its feet. The song was poignant and sad – his soft melodious voice moving many fans to tears.  Seo blinks her eyes. Jonghyun was really good.

Last up was Yonghwa – he surprises every one by singing “Greedy Man”. It wasn’t on the program – as he was supposed to sing one of their oldest hits – “I’m a Loner”.

Before he starts he reminds the audience once again that he wanted to be in a serious relationship when he comes back from the army.

“Can I just stay here baby?

I don’t trust you my lady.

You are young, you are cute, every one looks at you.

Tell them I have a boyfriend.”

Everyone in the audience starts hooting.

“That is one jealous man.” A voice behind Seo states.

Seo turns and looks at Yuri. “Unnie.”

“I think you’d have to be blind not to notice just how pissed he was when he was looking at your photos.” Yuri had to smile at the Maknae’s acute embarrassment.

“Unnie.” Seo felt her face flame.

“You know – everyone in the agency knows except for your Uncle and TOP.” Yuri pulls at Seo’s hair.

“You mean Lee Joon Sunbae and Hoya Sunbae know?” Seo stammers.

“Well maybe not them – they’re oblivious to a lot of things. But the others know – even Hyeoyeon. Why do you think Sooyoung brought the pictures over?  The both of you are just too cute for words.” Yuri chuckles.

“Unnie if Uncle finds out-“Seo’s worried tone only brought a playful twinkle in Yuri’s eyes.

“You know just how pretty you look Seo?  It just needs a man to bring that glow on a woman’s face. And he’s really something.” Yuri laughs. “An idol – who would have guessed our quiet, serious Maknae would capture the eye of one of the most known ladies’ man in KPop.”

“I don’t know what he sees in me Unnie.” Seo said in quiet voice.

“What do you mean? Ah- Seo, you just don’t really realize what a beautiful woman you are. And I’m not saying that because you’re our Maknae. We’ve watched you grow up and know just how difficult life’s been for you. But look at you – why wouldn’t you capture Jung Yonghwa’s attention. You can give any one of those KPop girls a run for their money.” Yuri puts her arm around Seo’s shoulder and they both turn to see the audience get up and give Yonghwa a thunderous applause.

CNBlue also did duets. Yonghwa and Jungshin singing “Try Again Smile Again” and Jonghyun and Minhyuk singing “My Miracle.”

They had 2 more encores - “Like a Child” and “Sleepless Night”.

As they ended the program – it was clear that the members were all tired. Everyone was quiet as they piled into the van.  Thunder was driving with the FNC manager in front. Lee Joon and Hoya were in another car with Yuri. Seo sat the back with CNBlue.  It was usual for Yonghwa not to talk after singing and the other 3 guys just sigh and say that they were very tired.

Seo was staring out the window when her phone vibrates.  It was a text from Yonghwa.

I’m pissed.

Why?

I don’t like your photos.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter