CHAPTER 13 : LOVE MAKES US THE SAME

BODYGUARD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The coming days were sweet for them.   Seo made sure she answered every text Yonghwa sent and to answer every call he made even if it meant having Junghsin while she was with him for his cameo appearance in a KBS drama.

“Yah –Seo – aren’t you supposed to be looking after me and not Hyung?” He whispered to Seo as the FNC manager drove them to another schedule.

He was rewarded with a bright pink blush and silence. He laughed so hard that the manager turned around and asked them what the joke was.

 Seo didn’t even have to say anything to Thunder when she saw him in FNC. 

“Just don’t get hurt like before Maknae.” He tells her in a serious tone. “No more like last time.”

Seo nods her head.

CNBlue had only 2 months left.  So far there was no attack yet even if the letters kept on coming.  TOP Oppa informed them that their contact from inside FNC had a lead on who was sending the information to the stalker.  As a result of this, the band, their managers and their closest staff were all issued “clean” phones.

L had set up a network wherein only these phones could be in contact with each other. No one was supposed to use any other phone. All calls were still monitored.

Right after this happened, Seo was sweating bullets when L quietly called her to come and see him.

“Maknae.” L stood in front of her with a serious face. “I know.”

“Sunbae, I’m sorry this happened.” Seo replied.

“Tell me truthfully – do you like him?” L asks her.

“Deh Sunbae.”She looks at L in face. Seo could not lie.

L closes his eyes and lets out a curse. “You know that’s not allowed and still you let it happened.”

“I tried Sunbae. I really did try to stop.” Seo replies her face devoid of expression. Years of training had taught her that tears never affected her sunbaes.    

 “Well you must mean a lot to that person – he requested that I not tell anyone.” L sighs.

“Yeh?” Seo says in a surprised tone. Her hands knotted behind her back.

“He told me he will tell your Uncle and your TOP Oppa as soon as we wrap up this job.” L sighs even deeper. “Until then I’ll let you keep your secret. Just be careful.” He tousles his hair.

“Kam-kamsahamnida Sunbae.” Seo stammers and bows. She closes her eyes tightly willing her shoulders not to droop in relief.

“Yah, don’t become soft. You’re a bodyguard for CNBlue. That should always come first at least until we finish the job.” L taps her shoulder. “Don’t tell anyone.”

“Thunder knows Sunbae.” Seo replies.

“He’s practically your brother so he doesn’t count. I told him to keep you in line. No girlfriend stuff while you’re on the job.” L looks at her sternly. “Now go back to your post.”

Watching Seo walk back to the practice room L sighs once more.  He was letting her play with fire. Hoya would kill him if he knew L kept this a secret from him. But he’d known Seo since she was 12 and he knew what she went thru so L felt he owed her the benefit of the doubt that she would be able to keep her relationship with Jung Yonghwa until the appropriate time.

His phone starts vibrating.

“You called.” L answered.

“The spyware has been removed from the mobiles.”  The voice on the other line informed him.

“Good. Are you monitoring them?” L asks.

“Of course. I’ll see which one gets infected again. The reverse program will pick up on that.”  The voice laughs.

“I really hate your laugh.” L sighs. “But you get the job done.”

Jang Dongwoo was their security agency’s inside man. Posing as an auditor his job enabled him to go to all the departments as well as pull in long hours in FNC in the guise on auditing. He looked like a clown and had a boisterous laugh – he was outgoing and friendly. He was also a genius in computer software and hardware.  L disliked him on sight and that was when they were both in Seoul University.

“I don’t care about you either. I don’t know what Hoya sees in you.” Dongwoo laughs again. “Oh and stop slouching by the wall – your President So Ji Sub and your Sunbae Lee Joon just entered the FNC building.”

“Why is they here?” L straightened up fully alert.

“Relax – they’re here to report to President Han and Directress. They can’t give them the full picture yet but the FNC executives are clean. The leak isn’t coming from them.” Dongwoo laughs again.

“Honestly – you’re crazy!” L snaps.

“I know that – you’re repetitive!” Dongwoo replies. “I’m hanging up now. I have a short list of suspects and I just need one of them to make contact and we’ll know for sure. In the meantime – I’ll enjoy watching all of you hover over CNBlue. By the way their lady bodyguard is really pretty too bad she’s taken.”

“I told you to keep a lid on that.” L’s voice rises.

“I know – you owe me one.” Dongwoo laughs again then suddenly turns serious. “You know she needs to more cautious because of the stalker.  One of your clients has a lot of pictures of her. While we are certain that the mole and the stalker aren’t the same person – we must assume that the spyware has shown the mole the pictures and messages they have from each other.”

“So shield them –“L clenches the phone on his hand.

“One step ahead of you – I already have. Even you won’t see the personal exchanges. I’m a master of this craft. They’re really sweet. So I’ll let them have their love as long as they’re safe. If it endangers anyone specially themselves – I will tell your agency’s President and TOP without hesitation.” Dongwook replies. “Bye!”

L sighs and walks towards the elevator headed for President Han’s office.

“What do you think of the song Seo?”  Jungshin asks his bodyguard as soon as he steps out of the booth. Jungshin was singing an OST written and composed by Yonghwa for a KBS drama.

“You sang very well.” She smiles up at him. Taking care of Jungshin was very easy. He followed all instructions and was always pleasant. Minhyuk was the same according to Thunder.

As far as she could tell, Lee Joon Sunbae and Yonghwa were like good friends. Hoya Sunbae and Jonghyun shared a common love for sports so they also got along famously. Now if only there wasn’t a stalker it would be all fine.

“Earth to Seo- you’ve spaced out again.” Jungshin lightly flicks her ponytail.

“Aniyo –that would mean I wasn’t doing my job well.” Seo tells him.

“I’m hungry – let’s eat.” He gets and phone and jacket from her. “My treat.”

“Is it a convenience store again?” Seo couldn’t help but make a face.

“No – not this time!” Jungshin laughs. “I was just craving instant ramyon and triangles at that time! And I really forgot my wallet.”

“Alguesumnida” Seo’s eyes twinkled. “Are we not taking manager with us?”

“No – just the 2 of us. We’ll just be quick.  The restaurant is in Itaewon.” Jungshin tells her. “C’mon Seo!”

“Alright – I’ll just inform Sunbae and the team.” Seo starts texting.

“You mean you want to tell Hyung.” Jungshin pushes the elevator button and leans against the wall. His eyes dancing with mischief.

“Lee Jungshin –“Seo flushes into a pretty pink color. She didn’t want to admit it but she always included Yonghwa in her texts. Just so he knows where she was.

“Aro-aro” He laughs as they get on the elevator. Holding the door open for Seo to step into the elevator.

They exit without incident from the FNC building. There were fans outside and Jungshin had to wave at them as Seo pulls away.  They were using the FNC van.

The restaurant was fairly full when they got down. They were ushered into a private function room.

“You planned this?” Seo asks. The restaurant was called Wagit – an exclusive members-only restaurant.

“Deh – I feel that I owe you for the convenience store lunch we had.” Jungshin smiles at her.

“But this is so –“

“Expensive? Yes. But it’s very delicious. Very traditional.” Jungshin replies. “Hyung has a membership here courtesy of President Han.”

“I’m grateful then.” Seo gives him a small bow.

“Good. Now I have to go to the other room.” He stands up from the mat.

“Where are you going?” Seo makes to stand up. “I have to go with you.”

“No not for another 2 hours. Enjoy your lunch with-“Jungshin knocks on the wall.

Just then Yonghwa enters the room.

“We’re only switching rooms Seo.  Jungshin is eating with our manager, Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Thunder. Hoya is still in the agency and will just meet us back at FNC.” Yonghwa takes the seat in front of Seo. “Sit down Jagiya.”

“See you after lunch Seo.” Jungshin winks at her before stepping out.

“Oppa-“Seo looks Yonghwa. “You’re risking a lot.” She puts her clenched hands on the table.

“I know – but I just want to have a date with you. I haven’t seen you alone for a while.” Yonghwa smiles at her from the table. He reaches over unclenching her hands and covers them with his own. ‘Let’s just have lunch Jagiya –hm? Chaebal.”

Looking at his face Seo nods.  Quietly acknowledging that with him she would almost always be soft and yielding.

At this restaurant, hanjeongsik – traditional Korean food, was at its finest. Seo found herself eating a lot and praising every dish.

“Oppa are you paying for the other room also?” Seo asks.

Yonghwa nods and continues eating.

“Isn’t it expensive?”

He nods and smiles at her. “You’re worth it.”

She was speechless and her face starts to suffuse with color. She was clearly embarrassed which only made her prettier in Yonghwa’s eyes.

He starts to laugh then chokes making Seo stand up and sit next to him.  Pounding gently on his back and giving him a glass of water. Actions which conveyed her affection for him more than words can. It made him extremely happy.

“Enough – go back to eating but stay here beside me.” Yonghwa pulls her to sit next to him.

They finish their meal side by side. Often times putting food on each other’s bowl. Smiling at each other. It was the most enjoyable meal they’ve had so far since they started their relationship.

Yonghwa’s phone vibrates and he gets a text from their manager informing him that it was time to go for the next appointment.

“Ah- I don’t want to leave just yet.” Yonghwa tells her as he shakes his head.

“But you need to –I’ll see you later.” Seo smiles at him.

“I hope you enjoyed our lunch.” He leans and kisses her softly on the lips. “I will see you later.”

Seo’s cheeks warm up and she nods silently. They stand up and were met by Jungshin and the others in the corridor.

“Let’s change vans Seo-nah. Ours is almost out of gas.” The FNC manager hands Seo the other van’s keys. “You’re just going back to FNC while I have to drive these 2 around. It’s raining now so be careful going back.”

“Yong Oppa! Yong Oppa!” A high feminine voice calls out.

They all turn to find Park Shin Hye coming out of one of the private rooms.

“Oh no.” Seo mutters under her breath and moves as far away from Yonghwa as possible. She felt his eyes on her but she resolutely ignores him.

“I thought I saw the FNC vans when we parked.” The lovely actress, Yonghwa’s ex-girlfriend, walks up to them.  Her face beautiful as always.  Her fashionable outfit making emphasizing her y body.

Seo, in her dark blue suit, felt as plain as ever.

“Oh annyeong Shin Hye-ah” Yonghwa greets her. Minhyuk, and Jungshin address her as Noona and bow. Jonghyun does not say anything but only slightly inclines his head.

“Just wanted to say hello.” She saunters up and stands in front of Yonghwa, smiling up at him. “I’m here with my agency’s staff- my thank you to them for the last drama.”

“Good of you.” He replies. Seo notices that Yonghwa’s voice was without inflection and that the 3 other CNBlue members were polite but distant. Even the FNC manager.

“Well, I see you’re done eating. Take care then.” Shin Hye moves away but not before she sees Seo standing next to Thunder.

Seo heard the actress’s intake of breath and she closes her eyes and bites her inner cheek.

“Seo Joohyun?” Shin Hye walks nearer to Seo and it was all Seo could do not to stand closer to Thunder. “You’re Seo Joohyun! How are you?  It’s good to see you!”

Shin Hye grabs Seo’s hand and all but embraces her.

“You know our Seo?” Minhyuk asks. “How, Noona?”

“Well, since it’s not confidential anymore because of police records – Miss Seo is my saviour.  She was the one who helped capture that crazy man who stalked me!”

“Please don’t Miss Park. That’s something our agency and the police doesn’t want the public to know.” Thunder steps in and gently disengages Shin Hye’s hand on Seo’s arm.

“Wait I thought a police woman was the decoy.” Jungshin looks at Seo. “It was you?”

“Of course it was her.” Shin Hye tells them. “She was so brave – it must have been so painful to be stabbed by a sharp wooden stick.”

“Please Miss Park – I would rather not discuss this.” Seo replies quietly.

“She almost died – so please back off.” Thunder steps between Seo and Shin Hye.

“Shin Hye.” Yonghwa’s voice was quiet but firm. “We need to go.”

“Yong – why is it that every time I see you I feel I have to apologize?” Shin Hye holds Yonghwa’s arm totally unmindful of the people around them.

“I never asked for an apology just an explanation and it’s too late now.” Yonghwa turns to look at her. “It's done.”

“We’re late.” The FNC ushers Minhyuk, Yonghwa and Jonghyun first.  Followed by Thunder.

“Jungshin – you and Seo follow after 15 minutes. Go back to FNC.” The manager tells them.

“Alright Hyung.” Jungshin replies.

“Hyung, I don’t have any more schedules – can I go with them?” Minhyuk asks their manager.

“Alright –“Their manager agrees. “Seo – I leave our 2 Maknaes with you.”

Seo bows and watches the 4 men leave the restaurant.

“Noona – why are you still here?” Jungshin asks Park Shin Hye.

“Ah- nothing I was just curious.  You guys have bodyguards now. That stalker is really mad at Yong Oppa.” Shin Hye sighs and turns to Seo.

“Take care of him. Yong Oppa doesn’t deserve this.” Shin Hye tells her. “Well, annyeong. I know you’re all busy.”

The Maknaes and Seo bow to her and they watch her enter the private room directly across where they just had lunch.

“Kaja.” Seo smiles at Jungshin and Minhyuk. Her mobile had been vibrating for a good 5 minutes but she resisted the urge to answer it.

They were out on the street when Jungshin answers a call on his mobile.

“She’s driving Hyung.” He was talking to Yonghwa. “You want me to put you on speaker? No? Alright. See you later. Yes, I’ll tell her.”

“Yah, Hyung planned this lunch around you – why weren’t you answering?” Minhyuk who was sitting in front with Seo.

“I know why – he’s going to scold her again for not telling him about what Shin Hye Noona was talking about.” Jungshin answers from the back of the van.

“Shin-ee put your seatbelt on please.” Seo looks up the rear view mirror. “Chaebalyo”

 “Alright, alright!” Jungshin put on his seatbelt and smiles at Seo. She smiles right back.

Seo was quiet and listening to the 2 guys talk about the latest RPG games they were playing.

She was turning towards the main road when she notices that there was something wrong with the brakes.

“Don’t panic alright – but I’m having trouble braking – I’m trying to decelerate.” Seo tells them. “Hold tight.”

She tries her best to dodge the other cars – earning a lot of honks and curses.  They were approaching a busy intersection and Seo started to pray that there weren’t any pedestrians crossing. She engages the emergency brakes.

“Seo! Are we going to hit something?” Minhyuk’s v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter