CHAPTER 4 : BIG IN JAPAN

BODYGUARD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seo decided that Japan was a nightmare for her current assignment.

CNBlue was more at home here than in Korea.  From the time they arrived in Tokyo until they got to the hotel they were surrounded by fans.  It was relatively easy to control as they were the usual fans who waited at the airports and hotel lobbies. Fan girls that Seo was used to. Shouting, fainting, fan caming. Seo had to admit CNBlue did not disappoint.  They did fan service well specially their leader who, Seo concluded must have been a tease in a previous life.

There have been no serious incidents since MBC but of course they could not relax their vigilance. Every gift was checked, every person who came near needed to be cleared and every place they stayed had to be checked and secured.

But the letters kept coming – it was routine now.  Which made them more careful. It was as if the stalker knew it would irritate security. Lee Joon reminded them not to take things for granted since it seemed that was what the stalker wanted.  A false sense of security.

All of CNBlue’s private internet accounts like FB, Twitter, Tumbler and Weibo were all monitored by L.  Invasion of privacy according to Yonghwa but FNC had agreed with SJS that it had to be done.

Seo and Cheondung were watching at the wings as the Japanese MC interviewed CNBlue.  It was CNBlue’s final concert in Japan and it was happening at the Tokyo Dome.  Since it was only 1 night the entire place was sold out in 2 minutes – all 55,000 seats taken.

For this event everyone in SJS agency that wasn’t on permanent assignment came. TOP, Nichkhun, Jinwoon and Yonguk were there for just this one night to provide extra security.  Of all of them, TOP was the most familiar with Tokyo Dome having been security for his high school best friend and now superstar Kwon Ji Young AKA G-Dragon.

After the TV station there would be a meet and greet for the CNBlue fans 3 hours before the concert. The TV interview wasn’t a big security risk so Seo and Cheondung would handle it. TOP, Lee Joon and the rest were all at the venue.

They were just past the studio doors when a girl suddenly hurls herself at Yonghwa. Seo saw a gleam of steel and instinctively put herself between the girl and Yonghwa.

 “Move!” She pushes Yonghwa back while holding the girl’s hand. “Thunder!”

Cheondung lifts the girl off Seo. And they both hold her securely between them. By this time the TV station’s security had arrived and pushed the fans and the staff back.

“I don’t want to hurt you. Let go!” Seo said to the girl in fluent Japanese.

The girl started crying saying that she wasn’t going to hurt Yonghwa but just wanted a lock of his hair.

“Take her!” Seo told the station guards. She held the stainless steel razor blade in her hand. Her thumb was bleeding so she pulls out her handkerchief from her pocket and wraps it on her hand.

“Are you alright?” she approaches Yonghwa who was with his bandmates and the FNC staff. They had been hurriedly taken to the farthest wall by the security personnel while Seo and Cheondung were dealing with the girl.

“Seo are you alright?” Minhyuk stared at the reddening handkerchief.

“I’m fine.” Seo replies. “Let’s get you all to the vans for the next schedule.”

“Seo” Cheondung came running towards her. “They want one of us to stay behind. I’ve already called Lee Joon Sunbae and Hoya and reported what happened.”

“I’ll stay.” Seo nods.

“Unnie – we have some medicine and bandages.” The head cordi noona gently holds her hand.

“Thank you.” Seo smiles as she pockets the razor. One of the make-up girls hold the first aid kit and Seo had her wound dressed.

“Unnie – it’s a pretty deep cut. We’ll change it for you again before bedtime.” The head cordi noona tells her.

“Thank you. I’ll come by your room before turning in.” Seo replies.

“Seo – we didn’t know that you spoke Japanese.” Jungshin piped in.

“That’s okay – you didn’t need to know.  We’ve had to do security for Japanese clients.” Seo smiles at him.

Cheondung signals that it’s time to leave and they head for the exit.

“You’ll follow us as soon as everything finishes here right?” Cheondung asks her before they leave.

Seo nods and watches the two vans leave. Her thumb throbbed painfully but she had to go the security room and talk to the girl.

Inside the van Minhyuk elbows Jungshin. “It’s embarrassing that we were speaking Japanese and we thought Seo and Cheondung didn’t understand. Mian Cheondung.” He pats the body guard’s shoulder.

“That’s alright.”Cheondung smiles at him.

“Well, her face didn’t register any reaction when we were walking towards the restaurant or when we were fooling around in the convenience store.”Jungshin replies.

Cheondung just smiles and doesn’t answer.

“You’ve been quiet Hyung.  Are you alright?” Jonghyun leans closer to Yonghwa.

“I’m alright.” Yonghwa looks at his bandmates. “Just a bit shaken.”

“You want to postpone the meet and greet?” their manager asks.

“No – of course not. Let’s do that then the concert.  We owe it to the fans.” Yonghwa replies.

“Yah Hyung – you owe Seo!” Jungshin claps Yonghwa on the shoulder.

“And she asked you if you were alright but you didn’t even answer.” Minhyuk eyed his Hyung with a frown.

“I didn’t?” Yonghwa deadpanned.

“You really don’t like her.” Jonghyun stated.

“Yeah you don’t. You talk and fool around with the guys and even with Yuri when she came for a day. But you don’t talk to Seo that much.  And what was it you said in the convenience store? Ah I remember – you said that she was like a popsicle stick – straight and cold. You said it in Japanese and she was just behind us.”Jungshin snickered.

Yonghwa glares at him before looking out the window.

Cheondung remembers how irritated Seo was with Yonghwa’s comment. He too looks out the window – to hide his smile.

Looking out the window Yonghwa had to admit that what Jungshin said was true – he stayed away from Seo but he looks at her when he was sure that she wouldn’t catch him.  She was so calm and self-possessed. Nothing seemed to faze her.  She was always correct and always polite.  Even her fellow guards treated her differently.  He knew that she was their youngest bodyguard and that her uncle owned the agency.  But it seemed to be beyond that – they treated her like she was made of glass.

She intrigued him.  And it pisses the hell out of him that he would have to thank her later on that night for protecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter