Chapter Seven

Let Me Take The Pain Away

When Sehun opened his eyes, he couldn't recognize the place he was in. He felt like his head was banged and slammed to the wall again and again. Holding his head, he groaned softly. His head hurt a lot.

"A-are you awake now, Sehun?"

Sehun tried to open his eyes again but his headache wouldn't let him. He recognized the voice but still he couldn't react properly, so he just nodded, hoping that boy understood him. He wanted the stupid headache to go away faster so he could see the boy. He didn't want to make the boy worried.

"A-are you... Do you... need something?"

Sehun shook his head. Silence. The boy stopped asking, giving Sehun time to let the headache went away. And gradually, Sehun's head was getting better. As he felt he was good enough, he opened his eyes again to see his surrounding. He was in the room he didn't recognize. Most of the furniture was white in color. Was he in heaven? But standing under the rain for 2 hours straight wouldn't kill, would it?

"Sehun ah..."

Sehun tried to get up from his position, but he was held back by a small hand. He looked up at the owner of the hand. He couldn't believe it. It was really Minseok. And this time he wasn't dreaming. But the hand was trembling. Then Sehun knew how hard Minseok tried. Sehun smiled and mouthed 'move back slowly' to the older. The older one nodded and quickly pulled his hand away, walking away to the door and slid down to the floor, eyes never left Sehun. Sehun slowly changed his position to sit.

There was a long silence before Minseok broke it with a simple question. "Why?"

Sehun didn't know. There were so many 'why's in Sehun's head and he didn't know what Minseok meant. Why did Sehun wait for him? Why was Sehun so dumb? Why was Sehun tied at the goalpost? Why did he keep standing under the rain? Why couldn't he just ask anyone to untie him when Minseok didn't show up on time? Why did Sehun do all of those stupid things? Why this? Why that? Sehun didn't know which one Minseok meant with his question.

But still Minseok seemed like waiting for an answer. He kept staring at Sehun without even blinking. His eyes were beautiful, they were always beautiful. And empty. But this time, Sehun caught something else. He caught sadness in his eyes.

"You know what, hyung," Sehun started. "If you're asking me why I did that, I don't know, hyung. I don't know. But since the first time I saw you, I couldn't help myself but to look at you, to think of you..."

And might be even to love you.

Minseok only stared that the younger. He didn't know what to do. His brain couldn't work properly. He couldn't even make a word to reply Sehun. He just sat there, staring at the younger from afar.

Sehun suddenly stood up and Minseok just stayed still, couldn't move even the slightest. He was scared all of sudden. Sehun took a step forward to Minseok, planting his eyes on how Minseok's body stiffened. With another step to Minseok, Sehun found Minseok's hands were clutching on his shirt so tight. But he kept stepping forward.

And right after he stood in front of Minseok, his heart got broken into pieces. No, Minseok didn't scream. Minseok didn't push him away. But there he was, staring up at Sehun with tears b on his eyes. His body was trembling hard. Fear was written clearly on his face. He looked at him as if he would hurt him. And that made Sehun's heart broken into pieces. So then Sehun squatted in front of Minseok and tried to fight the urge to hug the older.

"I don't know what happened to you. Oh my God, hyung, I don't even have the slightest clue about what happened to you that made you became like this. But this I promise you, I'll never gonna hurt you."

*---*

Ever since that night, Minseok tried to open up a bit with Sehun. He talked properly to him. He smiled at him. He also laughed with him while sharing some stupid lame jokes. But that was it. Minseok never tried to tell what happened to him before. He didn't let Sehun to touch him. Heck. Sehun couldn't even walk side by side with him.

But Sehun was grateful. The frequency of sudden screaming and crying was getting lower a little bit. But when it happened, Sehun couldn't help but to feel sad, angry, confused, and... Useless. He could only stare at Minseok who was embraced by others - Yifan, Luhan, Kyungsoo, or even Baekhyun. He could only feel envious when Minseok grinned at Yifan who ruffled his hair. Because it wasn't him who did it.

But then, after 2 weeks, Sehun found Minseok sitting on the bleachers alone. Minseok had his eyes closed, letting his body to feel the blowing wind. Sehun, who was going to go home actually, went straight to the bleachers and sat 3 rows away from Minseok. He waited Minseok to open his eyes, and while waiting, he stared at the older.

"Hyung," Sehun called out softly as Minseok opened his eyes. Minseok was surprised as he was called, but as he saw the owner of the voice, he smiled. "What are you doing here? Why are you alone?" Sehun asked.

"The others have their own things to do," Minseok answered. "And I'm bored, so I just decided to sit here."

Are you waiting for me to show up, hyung?

Silent. Sehun didn't try to open his mouth, and Minseok was too busy in his own world. But that didn't last for long, as Sehun turned around and looked at Minseok, asking, "Hyung, are you still scared of me?"

Minseok was taken back by the question. And he realized the distance between him and Sehun. Just a few meters from each other. Sehun didn't have to stupidly tie his body to the goalpost. Sehun didn't have to scream just to talk to him. Minseok himself was surprised when he realized those facts.

Yes, they hadn't talked much. And yes, Sehun still couldn't even walk side by side with Minseok. And yes, Sehun still couldn't even touch Minseok, not even Minseok's hair. But, the distance itself was a big progression. Most of people needed months and months to have that progression. But Sehun only needed about 2 or 3 months to have that.

At last, Minseok shook his head. Because actually, he realized that he wasn't never scared of Sehun after all. Or to be exact, it was never Sehun whom he was scared of.

"I'm scared of him," Minseok said, closing his eyes. "His voice  haunts me every time people try to get close to me," Minseok blurted out. Sehun was confused. Whose voice was Minseok talking about? Sehun noticed the big frown on Minseok forehead. "It's always reminding me of who I am."

What? Sehun didn't understand. What Minseok really was? Sehun didn't get it. And suddenly Minseok's body started to tremble, he covered his ears with his hands. He bit his lower lip hard and the frown on his forehead was deeper.

Minseok was having inner fight. He didn't want to scream. He didn't want to cry. He, for once, tried to fight the voice. He for once wanted to not listen to the voice.

But then he screamed. He lost the battle. He thought he was useless.

Sehun quickly ran to Minseok. He knew Minseok would freak out and the condition would be worse if he touched the older. But, there was a side of him, saying that if he didn't do that, Minseok would forever be trapped.

He wanted to save Minseok.

He tried to pry away Minseok's hands from his ears, holding them tightly so they wouldn't cover Minseok's ears anymore. But once he released those hands to take a hold of Minseok's face, Minseok covered his ears again while screaming. Tears were streaming down his face non-stop.

Don't hurt me. Let me go. I'm not useless.

"Hyung! Hyung! Listen to me!" Sehun shouted, hoping his voice would be louder that the voice. He held Minseok's face with both of his hands and patted the older's cheeks, trying to get his attention.

"Listen to me! No one will hurt you! I'm here to protect you! You're precious! You're not useless!"

Sehun continuously chanting those words to Minseok. He literally shouted even though Minseok was right there in front of him. Minseok opened his eyes and directly stared at Sehun's eyes. And as usual, he looked like as if he was searching for something he himself didn't know what. But he finally found it.

In Sehun's eyes.

What was that? Love?

He didn't know. But just by staring at Sehun's eyes, he got calmer and calmer to the point his body gradually stopped trembling. His body became weak and he felt so tired. He uncovered his ears from his hands and with that, he unconsciously fell forward. To Sehun's body.

Sehun hugged him tightly. He even caressed Minseok's back. He could feel Minseok's soft and almost-steady breathing on his neck. He could hear the soft sobbing from the after-crying.

For once, he let himself trusted someone that fast. For once, he let himself got touched that far that fast. And for once, amazingly...

The voice was lost.

*---*

Hello guys ♥

At last my tests are over! So now all I have to do is waiting for the results to come out. Thanks for being so patient with me and my long posponed chaps. I hope I could update as regularly as I used to.

Btw do you guys want me to add up and OC to be Minseok's ex? Because his ex actually somekind of 5 years older and no one is older than Minseok in EXO. So if you want me to, I'll add an OC. But if you guys con't want to, I'll won't and just let the mysterious man became mysterious. kkk

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~! ♥ ♥