Chapter Eight

Let Me Take The Pain Away

Minseok was alone in the library, doing his homework while waiting Yifan to come. The tall guy said he needed help for the homework so Minseok just nodded when the tall guy said he wanted to do it together. Not long after that, Yifan walked to his table with some books. No, he didn't bring any pencil or pen. He would borrow them from Minseok, like usual.

"Is it true?" Yifan asked in the middle of doing their homework. Since Minseok didn't respond him, he asked once again. Minseok just answered with questioning hum. "I mean, Jongin told me Sehun could calm you the other day. Is it true?" Yifan asked.

"Yes, he did," Minseok answered while nodding, without even glancing at Yifan.

"Sehun is special, isn't he?" Yifan asked. Minseok just answered him with questioning hum, again.

What they didn't know was that someone was eavesdropping them behind the bookshelf. So they just continued conversing.

"Don't play dumb," Yifan said. "You yourself know how hard it was to make you believe in us again. Don't you remember everytime you were left with Baekhyun and Jongin back then? You screamed at them, you cried, you didn't believe them for months and months. Even Baekhyun cried and felt like he was an useless dongsaeng to you," Yifan continued. "Yet you trusted Sehun just in 2 times trying.  He didn't even approach you like Baekhyun and Jongin did."

Minseok stopped writting. He knew. He definitely knew it. But he didn't want to admit it to other people. He didn't want to admit it. At least not now. He didn't want others to think he was still weak and useless as ever. He didn't want others to know how weak he was.

"It's you who asked me to forget it. It has been more than a year and isn't this what you guys wanted?" Minseok denied. "And now that I finally made it, I can trust Sehun that quick, why do you think that's special? No it's not, Yifan. When Baekhyun and Jongin tried, I was still in that phase. Now that I had been through it, shouldn't you be happy?" Minseok continued then sighed.

"So, you tell me that it's not a special thing and you just had passed that phase, hm?"

"Yes, it's nothing. He just happened to be there and he just happened to calm me down. Nothing special about that."

Duk!

Minseok and Yifan turned their heads around. They both saw someone they knew rubbing his head. When that someone opened his eyes, he stared right to Minseok's eyes and both of their hearts hurt. That someone smiled sadly at him before he walked away just like that.

That someone was Sehun. 

*---*

Jongin saw Sehun was lying on the field alone. After Yifan told him what happened in the library, he quickly searched for Sehun. He knew Sehun would be hurt so much. He knew it yet he never tried to stop before Sehun fell hard for Minseok. Was it too late to help Sehun, his new best friend?

"Hey," Jongin called him while walking to the slightly younger boy. Sehun opened his eyes and smiled at him. Jongin sat and put his bag next to him. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm not okay," Sehun answered. "But I'm fine," he added. "Cause, you know, maybe he was right. I was the only one who thought that was special. I was the only one who thought that I was special. But yeah, he said he had passed through the phase." Sehun closed his eyes, chuckled sadly at himself and opened his eyes again before saying, "shouldn't we congratulate him?"

Jongin didn't know what to say about that situation. He had never been in that situation so he couldn't really feel how Sehun felt. But he knew Sehun was hurt a lot. He remembered how Sehun came to him the next day after he calmed Minseok. He looked so ecstatic. He was really happy and said that was a big progression. He said he was special. He even teased Jongin for his inability to calm Minseok as fast as him. He was proud.

But just in a few days, his dream was crumbled down.

Jongin smiled and patted Sehun on his shoulder. No words were needed there.

*---*

Minseok was walking alone in the crowded street. Actually that scared him. What if people suddenly hurt him? He avoided eye contacts to anyone. He kept chanting in his mind that no one would hurt him, trying to calm himself with all of his might. What he needed to do was just proving to Yifan that he was okay. And to prove himself that... Sehun wasn't special.

Because he realized that for days and days after Sehun could calm him, he missed something. Like craving for the warmth of Sehun's body. Or it might be just Sehun. It might be just Sehun he did miss.

And actually he was scared by that fact. He was scared about how easy Sehun got into his life. He was scared about how easy he gave in. He himself couldn't even believe it. The nightmares still haunted him and the voice was still in his head. But when he was with Sehun, it felt like he could control all of them, he felt sane. He felt normal and secretly loving it when he was with Sehun. But he wouldn't admit it, because... what if it all was just an act? People would laugh at him if he fell to the same trick... right? So no.

It was refreshing for him to walk around like that since he barely walked out from the school dormitory. It was always Luhan who went to groceries. It was always Yifan who bought snacks and Minseok's favorite meals. It was always Kyungsoo who helped him to buy school stuffs. It was always Jongin who brought new games. It was always Baekhyun who bought toys for him. So when finally he walked himself to the supermarket, it felt strange yet adventurous. 

He bought snacks. He found new kind of snacks and bought them all, feeling so happy to think about eating them. Especially if he had a companion. Maybe Sehun could accompany him. Wait. Why Sehun? He quickly shook his head and erased the thought. He would just eat it alone or with Luhan and Yifan.

He too went to a toy shop. He bought a new released game for Jongin, a deer doll for Luhan, red angry bird doll for Yifan, a cute owl doll for Kyungsoo, and a beagle doll for Baekhyun. But when he went to the cashier, he had to admitted he felt intimidated by the cashier. He was so tall and his smile was really wide.

"Buying dolls for your girlfriend, hm?" The cashier asked playfully. Minseok just laughed a bit and answered that it was for his friends. "Aw, really? I wish I had a friend like you who would buy toys for me," the cashier said and laughed. Minseok couldn't help but laughed too.

"Thank you, Park Chanyeol-ssi," Minseok said after glancing at the name tag. The cashier, Chanyeol, smiled and nodded. Minseok waved his hand after Chanyeol said, "see you again!"

He walked out from the shop and was ready to go back to the dormitory. On the way there, Minseok saw a kiosk that sold couple bracelets. There were so many types of them but the most simple one caught Minseok's eyes. They were just black and white beads couple bracelets.

Sehun.

He groaned softly about how he always thought about Sehun these days. He shook his head and just bought them. He didn't actually know what to do with the black one if he wore the white one. Should he really give it to Sehun?

He was too busy considering it that he didn't focus to the road and bumped into a man. They both fell backwards and all the things Minseok bought scattered all around. Minseok quickly pulled himself up to take all of them, with a little help of the man. When they looked at each other's faces, they both were shocked. Minseok almost screamed. He was so scared. He couldn't believe what he saw.

"Minseok?"

He came back.

*---*

Hello guysss~!

As I promise you, I will try to update regularly.  So here it is the eight chapter. I hope you guys won't be bored :( and since I wrote this via my phone, I can't really do the spelling and grammar check, so if you found mistakes, I'm so sorry since English is not my mother language :(

Btw he came back!! ㅋㅋㅋ but actually I still can't decide whether it's Heechul or an OC. So please leave a comment below about who you choose! Is it Heelchul? Or an OC?

Real drama start now!

Give me comments, critics, advices, or anything you're willing to give to me! ㅋㅋ

Love me juseyoooo~! ♥♥♥